PDA

View Full Version : Prices and Availably of Guns and Ammo may jump Sharply!

PA PATRIOT
10-16-12, 21:54
During the second debate President Obama stated he will bring some type of AWB back into play during his second term.

Governor Romney was very weak with his response on gun control and when pressed if he would agree with another AWB he bailed on the closing question by the moderator who was pressed on time to move on.

My feelings are Obama will attempt to limited the availability of firearms and ammunition with executive orders or new regulations.

Romney if elected may try something similar with some type of AWB if he were to sneak into a 2nd term him self.

So now that its out and on the record do you think it may be enough to trigger another panic buying spree driving up prices and wiping out inventory.

For new prepper's this is bad news if they don't pull the trigger on needed items such as firearms and ammunition in the short future if this new on the record AWB information from both potential presidents holds true.

Kain
10-16-12, 22:13
First off let me say that I think their is already panic buying going on. With stripped Spike's lowers being listed at $175, a Noveski lower listed for $400, and people trying to sell M855 at a dollar a round to those scared and think the end is near, there is plenty of panic to go around. Two during the election I do expect to see more panic buying regardless of who wins, so that is not going to be a surprise, while I don't have everything I want, I have enough to feel safe at least for the moment.

As far as another AWB.... I don't really know what to think honestly, I have heard so much doom and gloom over the past four years that I don't know who or what to believe in that regard. In some ways things have gotten better, in other regards they have not. I do think that whoever gets elected that if they focus on guns and ammo and not the economy and bringing more careers back to the nation then banning guns may not save them anyway.

Heavy Metal
10-16-12, 22:17
I think it's wonderful Obama shot off his mouth. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake!

That sound you heard was hundreds of thousands of Gun Onwners giving a donation to Mitt Romney tonight!

Vash1023
10-16-12, 22:52
AGREED

CodeRed30
10-17-12, 00:37
I think it's wonderful Obama shot off his mouth. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake!

That sound you heard was hundreds of thousands of Gun Onwners giving a donation to Mitt Romney tonight!

Couldn't agree more.

JBecker 72
10-17-12, 00:47
I think both are douche bags who are not on our side to be honest. Seeing this makes me glad I bought a lot of gear a year ago, I had a feeling it would be 4th quarter 2008 all over again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

sjc3081
10-17-12, 02:54
I'm sure Romney has the election as good as won, save your money for the fire sale after the election.

Moose-Knuckle
10-17-12, 04:04
Grant started a thread a little over a year ago now on this very subject. Even then dealers such as himself saw how hard it was to get and keep certain items in stock; lowers, BCGs, LPKs, etc.

The ammo shortage we saw last time around will be back, hopefully not as bad as the industry took notice and is pumping out more ammo than ever before.

Things I noticed here of late:

Hornady 7.62x39 SST has dried up completely. Every online vendor is OUT and so is all my local shops. I'm glad I met my goals before it was all bought up! ;)

7.62x51 NATO is getting harder to come by as well. I'm talking about the plain Jane 147 gr. stuff mind you.

9mm fmj "cheap" ammo is harder to come by more and more locally. Online is hit and miss.

It took me quit awhile to locate DD LPKs. Aim finally got some in and picked up a few from them. CTD had about ten of them in stock in their CTD Guns! store this week.

TheGut
10-17-12, 06:50
Gun politics are losing politics for the dems. You won't see awb. Even after the Aurora massacre Obama did nothing. He will continue to do nothing. The answer last night in the debate was just rambling and poorly thought out because he has paid little thought to guns. Even Romney (who has been for awb in the past) couldn't sputter out a coherent position. I can't wait till after the election (regardless who wins) so prices go back to normal.

PA PATRIOT
10-17-12, 08:14
Gun politics are losing politics for the dems. You won't see awb. Even after the Aurora massacre Obama did nothing. He will continue to do nothing. The answer last night in the debate was just rambling and poorly thought out because he has paid little thought to guns. Even Romney (who has been for awb in the past) couldn't sputter out a coherent position. I can't wait till after the election (regardless who wins) so prices go back to normal.

I don't agree as Obama didn't care about shoving Obama Care down the country's throat then pushing and signing other regulations which hurt small business and the natural fuel industry (Natural gas, Oil and Coal).

Obama has his own agenda of how America should be and as he stated to a Russian leader which was caught on a open mike was "This is my last election, Then I will have more flexibility".

I have to wonder how Obama will use that "Flexibility" to push his agenda during his second term if he gets one.

This can be a real problem for gun owners and prepper's who get caught sleeping instead of buying before the hammer drops.

TheGut
10-17-12, 08:42
I don't agree as Obama didn't care about shoving Obama Care down the country's throat then pushing and signing other regulations which hurt small business and the natural fuel industry (Natural gas, Oil and Coal).

Obama has his own agenda of how America should be and as he stated to a Russian leader which was caught on a open mike was "This is my last election, Then I will have more flexibility".

I have to wonder how Obama will use that "Flexibility" to push his agenda during his second term if he gets one.

This can be a real problem for gun owners and prepper's who get caught sleeping instead of buying before the hammer drops.

Obama ran on universal health care so it was no real surprise. However gun legistration wise his administration has been very quite. Romney on the other hand has actually instituted an assault weapons ban in Massachusetts. Don't get me wrong I don't care for Obama (or Romney) but if you look at the statistics about 76% of the US population is against awb. I honestly don't see this making it through congress regardless.

Also remember after the Zimmerman-Martin shooting a Dem in the house tried to propose a bill restricting fed funding to states with a stand your ground law. They pulled that proposal within hours because of pressure from their own party.

Blazer15
10-17-12, 09:09
If whoever wins and wants to put an AWB in place, how soon could that actually get passed?

It would still take a decent amount of time to get passed, no?

Doc Safari
10-17-12, 09:12
I'm sure Romney has the election as good as won, save your money for the fire sale after the election.

I tend to agree but I'm not counting the chickens before they hatch either.

I'm holding off until after the election because of all the panic buying.

If Barry wins, I'll plan to make some purchases by next spring. If Romney wins, I'll just keep waiting.

Romney is soft on some forms of gun control, but he has been moving to the right during the course of this election. I hope it's because he's learned some things.

Awesome1228
10-17-12, 09:26

I am not so sure about that, but that's a discussion for another forum.

As to the AWB, unless there is a majority in the house and a super majority in the senate, no AWB legislation will get through. Are people going to panic and drive prices up in the short term? Probably. But I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon yet. I am comfortable with my level of weapons and ammo.

Awesome1228
10-17-12, 09:31

Obama didn't shove Obamacare down our throats. It was voted on by congress and passed, because the democrats had a majority in the house and the senate. That is the only chance of any AWB passing. Even if so, the dems know it would be political suicide. We won't see a ban this term, no matter who wins.

Doc Safari
10-17-12, 09:43
Obama didn't shove Obamacare down our throats. It was voted on by congress and passed, because the democrats had a majority in the house and the senate. That is the only chance of any AWB passing. Even if so, the dems know it would be political suicide. We won't see a ban this term, no matter who wins.

BEWARE THE LAME DUCK SESSION!

Whether Barry wins or loses they could ram that UN treaty through in the middle of the night.

Palmguy
10-17-12, 09:55

By reconciliation in the Senate and by bribes in the House.

Agree on a ban though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Army Chief
10-17-12, 10:03
Whether spoken or not, I think this was always a clear lame duck session issue for the current president, and he was wise to keep it shelved during his first term. The fact that it had always remained (until very recently?) in the wording of whitehouse.gov urban issues page made it clear that this was considered unfinished business. Given the contentious nature of the issue, the most likely reason it remains unfinished is because it is smart politics to win a reelection campaign before attempting to force fit policies and agendas that might not be popular with the American people.

Granted, we once thought that the takeover of the medical healthcare system or advancement of homosexual agenda issues (particularly in ending DADT within the military) might be likewise deferred, but perhaps it has only been a matter of timing and prioritization to this point.

Not really sure either way, but I won't be casting my ballot in favor of more Hope and Change, regardless.

AC

QuietShootr
10-17-12, 10:04
During the second debate President Obama stated he will bring some type of AWB back into play during his second term.

Governor Romney was very weak with his response on gun control and when pressed if he would agree with another AWB he bailed on the closing question by the moderator who was pressed on time to move on.

My feelings are Obama will attempt to limited the availability of firearms and ammunition with executive orders or new regulations.

Romney if elected may try something similar with some type of AWB if he were to sneak into a 2nd term him self.

So now that its out and on the record do you think it may be enough to trigger another panic buying spree driving up prices and wiping out inventory.

For new prepper's this is bad news if they don't pull the trigger on needed items such as firearms and ammunition in the short future if this new on the record AWB information from both potential presidents holds true.

Yup. I just bought a new 6720 and three stripped receivers this morning.

chadil1ac
10-17-12, 10:28
I'm 26 now and I wasn't into guns until about '08. How was the panic buying in 1994 or 1986 for that matter? Was it as bad as this?

I have heard a lot of people saying that have been around that gun owners are standing up to their rights more now than ever. And, we didn't have ammunition online back in 1994 I would venture to guess.

warpigM-4
10-17-12, 11:54
in 1986 the Full auto weapons sale went through the roof.turning it into a rich mans sport.
in 1994 anything grandfathered in doubled and tripled in price in some places ,
until the "neutered weapons with no bayonet lugs ,thumb hole stocks and low cap mags showed up Mac-11 went from 200 to 500 dollars.

weapons where stopped in 86 from being imported from China so all the polytech AK and Norincos jumped up in price I had 3 , two AKS price was 275 out the door I sold for over 650 . the legend I had i got for 600 I sold for 1000.
ammo dried up cheap 65 dollar cases of 7.62x39 was gone it jumped to 200 a case here in the south .if you could find it and it was the death of good deals at gun shows

2008 was a cluster **** ammo was no where to be found ,BCG's and lowers doubled in price.

I had to pay $200 for a BCM BCG just to get my build done and until late 2009 early 2010 i could barely fine ammo .I Only had about 200 rds

and not to mention the price gouging on P-mags people where doing in 09

chadil1ac
10-17-12, 12:02
Yes, I remember the '08 scare as I was just starting my AR15 build. I got the lower and a few mags right away just to make sure but then later on in '09 I bought the stuff from BCM to build the rest. By that time they had BCG's and bbls etc. in stock pretty regularly.

I just picked up a stripped lower and then bought a BCG from BCM to start another one. I keep picking the worst times to build.

Trying to get ammo sucked back then. I luckily had what I thought was a lot then (not much to me now). I am better prepared this time around. Interesting to know the prices back then though. Thanks.

sinlessorrow
10-17-12, 12:31
Nothing will happen. It was just a rant by obama. They have tried a few things only to get shot down. Like the magazine ban....yeah that so well for them.

QuietShootr
10-17-12, 12:35
Nothing will happen. It was just a rant by obama. They have tried a few things only to get shot down. Like the magazine ban....yeah that so well for them.

I would not bet on that.

sinlessorrow
10-17-12, 12:38
I would not bet on that.

I would. Obama could try, but it would never get approved.

High Tower
10-17-12, 16:44

I wouldn't rule out an executive order. He's proven pretty willing to bypass everyone else with these in his first term. And as he promised the Soviet prez, he will be more flexible in the second term. I honestly believe the man is a traitor who would not stop at anything.

PA PATRIOT
10-17-12, 17:21
Timing is everything and pending elections tend to silence political agendas but I think a lot of damage could be unleashed through back door attacks such as taxes and regulatory restrictions against the manufacturers of the components that make ammunition, magazine makers and other possible changes to ATF regulations.

Maybe a little at a time or a lot all at once, who knows but it depends how desperate the politician is or what swing there is in public opinion after a major shooting event.

Never say never and if it happen before it can happen again as history has a habit of repeating its self.

Phillygunguy
10-17-12, 21:47
I don't put anything past Obummer, He s a sneaky relentless scumbag maggot that would do anything publicly or privately to get his way, Remember his entire philosophy is based on 60's radicals and Chicago thuggery

Kokopelli
10-17-12, 21:57
I suspect price and availability will surely take a hit either way. Thinks will get harder to find and more expensive. The 45ACP "shortage" of 2009 taught me that and the price increases of ammo at the first of this year has pretty much held. Last December I paid $4.50 for a box of Federal 193 or 855 in single quantities.

I worry about the availability of ammo more than anything. In 2009 I often had to shoot hp ammo for range sessions. Standard fmj range ammo was not to be found.. Ron

lwilcox28
10-17-12, 22:25
I think adding a Colt LE6920MP-OD to the safe (locally) for $1139 is not a bad idea. Going to a show this weekend, it will be interesting to see where the prices go.

SMETNA
10-17-12, 22:45
They have tried a few things only to get shot down. Like the magazine ban....yeah that so well for them.

Carolyn Friggin McCarthy.

"The thing that goes up" lady

iPhone/Tapatalk

CodeRed30
10-18-12, 00:09

Clearly, you haven't seen what other things he's done that wouldn't have been approved. Never doubt the lengths a human being will go to in order to fulfill a personal ideal or agenda.

PA PATRIOT
10-20-12, 09:33
Sorry I could not link directly to this story as it was from a members only L/E site, but I'm sure it can be verified easy enough if needed through Google or Bing.

Not a new topic but shows how Obama or Romney could follow suit with a federal tax on ammunition.

CHICAGO — As Chicago struggles to quell gang violence that has contributed to a jump in homicides, a top elected official wants to tax the sale of every bullet and firearm — an effort even she acknowledges could spark a legal challenge.

Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle will submit a budget proposal Thursday that calls for a tax of a nickel for each bullet and $25 for each firearm sold in the nation's second-largest county, which encompasses Chicago.

In this Jan. 26, 2012 file photo, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle speaks at a news conference in Chicago. On Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012, Preckwinkle is set to propose a tax on bullets. She will propose five cents a bullet and a dollar for a box of 20 of them and 25 bucks per firearm.

Preckwinkle's office estimates the tax will generate about $1 million a year, money that would be used for various county services including medical care for gunshot victims. Law enforcement officials would not have to pay the tax, but the office said it would apply to 40 federally licensed gun dealers in the county.

Through last week, the city reported 409 homicides this year compared to 324 during the same period in 2011. Although the violence still doesn't approach the nearly 900 homicides a year Chicago averaged in the 1990s, officials say gang violence was largely to blame for a rash of shootings earlier this year.

Preckwinkle insists the ordinance is far more about addressing gun violence than raising money for a county that faces a deficit of more than $100 million next year.

"We think that's an appropriate thing to do, especially in the light of the gun violence we struggle to deal with in our criminal justice system and our public health system," she told a local newspaper editorial board this week, according to a transcript of the meeting provided by her office. "The legal gun shops in suburban Cook County are a conduit for crimes in Chicago. There's no way around it."

Preckwinkle declined to speak with The Associated Press ahead of the announcement Thursday, but her spokeswoman Kristen Mack confirmed the details of the plan.

Mack said the office has found no other jurisdiction in the nation that has imposed a tax on bullets, even though several have considered it. Legislation on such a tax was previously introduced by state lawmakers in Springfield, but it was never been voted on, she said.

Richard Pearson, the executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association, scoffs at such talk, saying the tax wouldn't do anything to address gang violence but would harm local businesses and law-abiding citizens.

"If she wants to get to the people causing all the problems she ought to put a tax on street gangs," he said. "All this is going to do is drive business out of Cook County, into other counties, Indiana and Wisconsin."

One suburban gun shop owner agreed, saying that his customers, many of whom are hunters and police officers, will simply go elsewhere.

"Who's going to come to Tinley Park to buy ammunition," said Fred Lutger, the owner of Freddie Bear Sport in that suburban Chicago community.

And, said Lutger of that money going toward treating gunshot victims, "Why should be paying for gang bangers shooting each other? You're taxing law-abiding citizens for what criminals are doing."

Gun rights advocates spent years challenging in court Chicago's handgun ban, which was ultimately overturned in 2010 by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Lutger said a lawsuit was certain. Pearson said he and others started talking about a legal challenge as soon as they heard Preckwinkle was considering the tax.

Even Preckwinkle seemed resigned to a legal challenge in her comments to the newspaper board.

"You can't make decisions based on the basis of whether or not somebody's going to sue you or then you'll never do anything," she said.

a1fabweld
10-26-12, 08:03
Please don't think for a second that an AW ban or other 2A restrictions couldn't be implemented. The Clinton ban of 1994 was recent proof that it can happen.

Obummer's main focus was jobs, housing, economy, Iraq, healthcare, etc. during his first term. Not that he did a good job at any of these issues but those seemed to be his focus. A gun ban was not a priority in comparison.

In 2008, we all witnessed the gun buying frenzy which cleaned out inventory nationwide. I remember as stated above stripped lowers selling for $400 just prior to the election. 5.56 had reached $.80 per round & 7.62 had reached $1 per round for standard stuff & people were fighting over it. Half of the people I spoke with before the last election stated that Obama would not go after guns during his 1st term. He would loose credebility by doing so & potentially jeopordize his chances of a 2nd term. But if it looks like he has a chance to win a 2nd term, then panic. Here we are at a 2nd term & it's a tight race. I imagine those same people who didn't stockpile in 08 are doing so now. Plus Romney doesn't have a stellar history on 2A rights.

Now add the folks who think the world is going to evaporate due to the Myan predictions coming up & this will add to the chaos.

But overall, I'm surprized availability is as decent as it is this close to the election. BCM stil has a variety of uppers & bolts in stock. Ammo seems to be available still as well. I thought, compared to this time in 08, that everything would be backordered & what was available would be selling for 2-3X retail. Go figure.

Brimstone
10-26-12, 08:25

It may just be my tinfoil hat, but there have been quite a few random shootings lately. I would bet they continue until Obama steps in and saves us all.

docsherm
10-26-12, 10:54
I would bet they continue until Obama steps in and saves us all.

Funniest thing I have read on the net in a long time………..:cray:

CRAMBONE
10-26-12, 12:23
The repubs still have the house. And hopefully some of the other congressional elections will swing their way. My hope is, if BO gets reelected we will have two years at least before an actual law will get passed. Now an executive order well thats something different. Especially since he has no problems pushing e.o.s and I believe BO has set a record with those.

duece71
10-26-12, 13:36
Timing is everything and pending elections tend to silence political agendas but I think a lot of damage could be unleashed through back door attacks such as taxes and regulatory restrictions against the manufacturers of the components that make ammunition, magazine makers and other possible changes to ATF regulations.

Maybe a little at a time or a lot all at once, who knows but it depends how desperate the politician is or what swing there is in public opinion after a major shooting event.

Never say never and if it happen before it can happen again as history has a habit of repeating its self.

This is ALL it would take. What would you pay for a box of 5.56/9mm/.45acp/.357mag/.308???? Someone said it best earlier, and I am paraphrasing here.....Never underestimate the actions of a traitor who has nothing to lose and will stop at nothing. E.O.??????

Awesome1228
10-26-12, 15:26
The repubs still have the house. And hopefully some of the other congressional elections will swing their way. My hope is, if BO gets reelected we will have two years at least before an actual law will get passed. Now an executive order well thats something different. Especially since he has no problems pushing e.o.s and I believe BO has set a record with those.

Nowhere near a record...

Barack Obama 140
GW Bush 268
Clinton 363
G. Bush 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319
Ford 168
Nixon 345
Johnson 323
Kennedy 213
Eisenhower 481
Truman 893
FD Roosevelt 3,466

Moose-Knuckle
10-26-12, 16:00
AND . . . let's not forget about UN Small Arms Treaty Passes (http://www.westernjournalism.com/un-small-arms-treaty-passes-while-media-sleeps/).

SteveS
10-26-12, 16:26
To have the new world order as planned No guns for the subjects. Don't believe it do the research . The banning of guns isn't new . The only hope is the proper people in office. Obama is not one of them. Remember the government has all the non thinkers they need who will to take the guns away.

cinco
10-27-12, 15:29
Nowhere near a record...

Barack Obama 140
GW Bush 268
Clinton 363
G. Bush 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319
Ford 168
Nixon 345
Johnson 323
Kennedy 213
Eisenhower 481
Truman 893
FD Roosevelt 3,466

I f-ing hate Executive Orders :mad::mad: Dictorial Orders is more accurate when one man can create "laws". But don't worry the Congress & SCOTUS will protect us and enforce the Constitution - ha. Don't care what sort of justification they use for allowing it. F-ing, blankty blank blankers - rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011/10/are-executive-orders-constitutional/

In Article I Section I of the Constitution it is clear that all legislative powers reside in Congress. The Executive Branch has the responsibility to execute the laws passed by Congess. An Executive Order is not legislation it is a order issued by the President to enforce laws passed by the Congress. While Executive Orders are not mentioned in the Constitution it has been a precedent for a President to issue Executive Orders that he deems to be necessary and proper.

The “Necessary and Proper” clause in the Constitution found in Article I Section 8 was not intended to give Congress and the authority to do whatever they felt was a good idea. This clause meant that they had the authority to pass any legislation that was necessary and proper to implement the powers delegated to the United States in Article I Section 8.

The President is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Executive Branch of Government and has the authority to implement policies and procedures that are neccesary for the administration of the duties and responsibilities that have been assigned to him by the Constitution. Policies and procedures passed by Congress are called laws and effect all of the people. An Executive Order is a policy or procedure issued by the President that is a regulation that applies only to employess of the Executive Branch of government.

Any Executive Order that has any effect on individuals that are not government employees in a violation of Article I Section I. Whenever the President issues and Executive Order that extends to all of the people. Congress has a responsibility to the people to veto any Executive Order that has any effect on non governmental employees.

When a President issues an unconstitutional Executive Order and Congress allows the order to stand they are violating their oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

cinco
10-27-12, 15:51
Oh yeah, the reason I intended to post before I got fired up over E.O.s...

My optically calibrated inventory analysis device has a local Walmart report. PLENTY of ammo, rifles and shotguns on display. They had good stores of virtually all popular and not-so-popular ammo. 380, 9, 40, 45, 38, 357, all varieties of rifle (hunting caliber and AR/AK offerings). This has been the case for the last year. It is hunting season so it was wall-to-wall and tree top tall bubbas stocking up on end of the world ammo supplies with one box of .270. I was scoffed at for taking up valuable ammo counter space without rocking my official Bone Collector head-to-toe camo outfit :rolleyes:

Mainiac
03-02-13, 22:23
Wow, what a difference four months makes!

MarshallDodge
03-02-13, 23:55
Wow, what a difference four months makes!

No kidding. Really glad I bought that case of 22 when it was on sale during the debates.

twistedcomrade
03-08-13, 22:12
I have been unable to find 22 for a couple of months. When this madness blows over or if it does, I will buy a ridiculous amount of quality 22 ammo. That and some 308.

Mainiac
03-08-13, 22:39
There is no such thing as a "ridiculous amount." When things calm down buy all you can afford. It's money in the bank for next time.

Phillygunguy
03-09-13, 09:07
There is no such thing as a "ridiculous amount." When things calm down buy all you can afford. It's money in the bank for next time.

Things will calm down, when supply catches up with demand normally, but it will be short lived as long as some Progressive Douche bag politician will cry like a Bitch and say "No one needs an AR 15 to go hunting" and the fact that Obama will spend the entire second term campaigning for gun control

Mainiac
03-09-13, 15:35
The second ammendment isn't about hunting, it's to protect us from an opressive government. If the Republicans lose the house in the '14 election then this will seem like a cakewalk.

Zane1844
03-09-13, 16:02
I remember a week before the whole Sandy Hook incident I was planning on a new build, then my friend convinced me that I should wait for some reason, now I have the lower for it complete and literally everything but the upper, damn.

And the ammo situation.... :(

Phillygunguy
03-09-13, 16:10
I remember a week before the whole Sandy Hook incident I was planning on a new build, then my friend convinced me that I should wait for some reason, now I have the lower for it complete and literally everything but the upper, damn.

Sounds like your friend owes you an upper

MarshallDodge
03-09-13, 16:56
I have been unable to find 22 for a couple of months. When this madness blows over or if it does, I will buy a ridiculous amount of quality 22 ammo. That and some 308.

I learned my lesson in 1992 when Clinton/Gore were elected. Being young, naive, and poor compared to what I make today, and only shooting about 4-6 times a year, I only kept a little more than the next range session on hand. About that same time I decided to start reloading and primers became an issue. With reloading I started shooting more which made me more aware of the situation.

Ever since then I have kept one years worth of supplies on hand. Some would call it hoarding but I call it being prepared. Hoarding, in my opinion, would be emptying the shelves at the local stores after the panic has begun.

Mainiac
03-09-13, 17:34
Once you are comfortable with your stockpile you only need to replace what you shoot. Playing catchup during times like this sucks.

Traveshamockery
03-09-13, 18:33

Follow the "Where Can I Find" thread here on M4C. Uppers show up all the time.

SteveS
03-09-13, 18:49
Once you are comfortable with your stockpile you only need to replace what you shoot. Playing catchup during times like this sucks.
Even people in hurricane country wait untill the wind is blowing to buy supplies!!! Look at all the people posting bo ho no ammo!!

Kokopelli
03-09-13, 18:58
Go over to Bravo and pick one out. Check the "notify me when it's available" box and wait. When you get the mesage, fir on one.. that's all there is to it.. Ron

whiskey lake
04-05-13, 16:55
I have found Walmart with stock ammo and BCM with stock uppers in the past couple weeks. Stuff is still being made, just not fast enough.

PA PATRIOT
04-05-13, 19:46
All the Wal-Marts in my area never see any ammo hit the shelve, I have a feeling that employees are in the resale business. Dicks Sporting Goods had a decent supply coming in twice a week and that slowed to just about nothing with only odds and ends. One local range had a ton of ammo on hand all calibers but they were selling it at insane prices.

I really don't think its going to get any better and its only going to take one nut to shoot up another school or mall and the anti gun heat will be back on. When and not "IF" this occurs one can forget finding anything for the next year or so.

Its too late to worry about finding ammo now, its just trying to make what you have last for as long as possible.

Awesome1228
04-06-13, 22:05
All the Wal-Marts in my area never see any ammo hit the shelve, I have a feeling that employees are in the resale business. Dicks Sporting Goods had a decent supply coming in twice a week and that slowed to just about nothing with only odds and ends. One local range had a ton of ammo on hand all calibers but they were selling it at insane prices.

I really don't think its going to get any better and its only going to take one nut to shoot up another school or mall and the anti gun heat will be back on. When and not "IF" this occurs one can forget finding anything for the next year or so.

Its too late to worry about finding ammo now, its just trying to make what you have last for as long as possible.

You are somewhat right. Personally, I am doing ok. I have been stocking on all of the calibers I shoot for a while, so no real issue on 5.56, 9mm, .45 or .22

The problem is, I recently bought a rifle in a caliber I hadn't been shooting previously, .308. By the way, I think it was you that asked about that rifle, Savage 10FP LE, 20 inch heavy barrel. I have found plenty of .308 around but not at great prices. Sportsman's Warehouse last week had 150 gr. Fiocci 180 round cans for $179, and Remington 150 gr 40 packs for $39. The guy I bought it from gave me 100 rounds with it and my girlfriend's dad gave me a couple hundred rounds that he had been holding on to. He's a big time reloader, so he has the components to make a bunch more already, but I don't think he's going to want to load as much as I want to shoot.

In addition to Sportsman's there are a couple other stores around that have had a decent stock in the last few weeks. A LGS selling 1000 rds of 5.56 for $400, with dozens of cases. Just randomly checking a nearby wal-mart I found a bunch of 9mm, .40, .45, .308, .223, 7.62x39 (dozens of boxes of those) but no .22. Prices all pretty close to normal. Obviously we aren't out of the woods yet, but around here anyway, things are lightening up.

PA PATRIOT
04-07-13, 13:08
Depends on where you are located, in Philly you have a higher concentration or gun owners looking for ammo in a limited area.

Since only one retail store sells ammo within Philadelphia county (Dicks Sporting Goods that I know of other then a few gun ranges) they get hit hard and sell out within minutes on ammo delivery days.

Phillygunguy
04-07-13, 13:20
Depends on where you are located, in Philly you have a higher concentration or gun owners looking for ammo in a limited area.

Since only one retail store sells ammo within Philadelphia county (Dicks Sporting Goods that I know of other then a few gun ranges) they get hit hard and sell out within minutes on ammo delivery days.

I Refuse to shop at Dicks after that bullshit they pulled after Sandy Hook, I go to a few lgs that manage to get bulk, last week , when I picked up my PPQ they had 1000rds of PMC 223 for $440 and LC xm855 for $240 not a bad deal considering the BS going own, I didn't want to put a big dent in my wallet so I bought the LC

PA PATRIOT
04-07-13, 14:01
I Refuse to shop at Dicks after that bullshit they pulled after Sandy Hook, I go to a few lgs that manage to get bulk, last week , when I picked up my PPQ they had 1000rds of PMC 223 for $440 and LC xm855 for $240 not a bad deal considering the BS going own, I didn't want to put a big dent in my wallet so I bought the LC

Were are these LGS's located?

Phillygunguy
04-07-13, 14:14
Were are these LGS's located?

Feasterville & Chaddsford

PA PATRIOT
04-07-13, 14:26
Feasterville & Chaddsford

I keep coming up with zip on a Bing search, can you PM me the addresses?

Thanks

Phillygunguy
04-07-13, 15:15
I keep coming up with zip on a Bing search, can you PM me the addresses?

Thanks

Did you get my PM?

PA PATRIOT
04-07-13, 19:21
Did you get my PM?

Thanks I got it,

I was thinking a new shop opened up that I missed, I hit the shops you sent a few times in the last month.

Phillygunguy
04-07-13, 19:28
Thanks I got it,

I was thinking a new shop opened up that I missed, I hit the shops you sent a few times in the last month.
Cool the one In Feasterville might have some cases of pmc left. The LC XM855 420 rd cans are probably out they had a few left when I was there. The place in Chadsford gets ammo in from time to time but recently you could buy 1/2 case only if you bought a new AR