PDA

View Full Version : Slovenian soldiers with FN F2000 rifles conduct training

ChocLab
10-16-12, 23:01
Came across this video and thought I share since you do not often see these rifles used in the military. Not sure I can comment constructively since I have never taken a course with one. The rail seems raised up a bit from the US version with the aimpoint cowitnessed.

Slovenian soldiers with FN F2000 rifles conduct training...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8LtOonLEf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_Z5fBgCVw

High Tower
10-17-12, 08:54
Huh those were interesting. I have yet to be brave enough to take a course with mine either. But yeah, that rail did look a little weird.

Littlelebowski
10-17-12, 09:04
Gabe Suarez is all about these right now.

Sensei
10-17-12, 10:42

His inventory of FS2000's must be too high...;)

BTL BRN
10-17-12, 11:27
Bullpups definitely intrigue me, I like the concept of essentially and SBR without the ATF tax and wait time. It doesn't only appear to be Gabe Suarez, their appeal seems to be growing quite a bit right now.

Doc. Holiday
10-17-12, 12:36
The rails seem a bit awkward to me. The 2000, always seemed a bit bulky for my taste. Cool vids.

halmbarte
10-17-12, 18:44
I like mine. It's bulky but mostly hollow so the weight isn't bad. The balance is very good, with all the weight behind your firing hand.

Ergonomics are very good. As a right handed guy I can't ask for anything better. I really value the ability to swap shoulders as needed w/o having to change anything. A lefty is going to have to either reach over or under to get to the CH but all the other controls are ambi.

H

Charlie Don't Surf
10-26-12, 16:00
I like mine too, weight and balance are great. Very pointable. Unfortunately I've had the light primer strikes on my FS2000 that have plagued many others while firing Federal XM193. Cut a few coils off the firing pin spring twice to address it. Hope the 2nd time is a charm. Definitely sits deep in the safe though, behind the ARs.

ChocLab
10-30-12, 14:50

I thought he was pushing the SIG 556 as the new AK...

BullittBoy
10-30-12, 18:37
On the light strike issue-I had the same thing happen for the first 2 years and FN came out with a fix, they make a newer trigger pack with stronger springs in it.
FN swapped mine out but alas I have heard Bob Ailes retired and their CS is not what it once was.
You can always sell the older pack and make plenty of money to buy the new one
It is about $250, if you have one of the older packs with the grey brown piece in the front you can sell it for at least that.
The new pack is 100% and I also installed a Neu-Trigger device and it is better, not great but better.

lloydkristmas
10-31-12, 18:46
You guys are safe to remove that firing pin spring altogether. I took mine off and never again had a light strike in several thousand rounds. I never had a single slam fire either. Its a common and proven fix with this rifle.

ClearedHot
11-01-12, 01:44
My buddy let me try his new FS2000 when he first bought it. I didn't particularly car for the trigger and the overall balance of the rifle. Although I will say it does look kinda cool :)

Ed L.
11-01-12, 21:14
The original FS2000's had a problem slamfiring some commercial primers. So FN had them rebuilt with lighter weight firing pins and captive springs. This was an overkill, as either one of these measures would have been sufficient. With both in place, the gun will fail to detonate some military primers.

I removed the captive spring from around the firing pin and it runs fine--not failures to detonate or slamfires in the thousands of rounds since.