PDA

View Full Version : SBR's and a potential AWB?

Tzook
10-17-12, 11:44
Hey all, I have a question regarding NFA stuff and the previous Clinton era ban. Mods, if this is the wrong area for this discussion by all means move it.

The Clinton ban was a bit before my time, so here's what I'm wondering: After watching a bit of the debate last night, I realize there is at least SOME potential for another AWB in my lifetime. For those of you who had NFA stuff during the previous ban, did it pretty much work like other guns where if you had it before such and such a date it was "pre ban" and you were good to go?

Basically, what I'm thinking is that if we really are in danger of having another ban imposed, I really just need to throw down on a few stamps and get the NFA stuff I have future plans for while the getting is good. I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question (I'm sure it does lol) Thanks in advance for info/advice

CAR-AR-M16
10-17-12, 12:11
Hey all, I have a question regarding NFA stuff and the previous Clinton era ban. Mods, if this is the wrong area for this discussion by all means move it.

The Clinton ban was a bit before my time, so here's what I'm wondering: After watching a bit of the debate last night, I realize there is at least SOME potential for another AWB in my lifetime. For those of you who had NFA stuff during the previous ban, did it pretty much work like other guns where if you had it before such and such a date it was "pre ban" and you were good to go?

Basically, what I'm thinking is that if we really are in danger of having another ban imposed, I really just need to throw down on a few stamps and get the NFA stuff I have future plans for while the getting is good. I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question (I'm sure it does lol) Thanks in advance for info/advice

The previous AWB really did not affect NFA weapons other than that newly made SBR's/SBS's still had to abide by the foolishness (no flashider, bayonet lug, etc..). You can pretty much bet that any new AWB will not be written like the old one, so it is anyones guess as to what it will entail.

Iraqgunz
10-17-12, 12:15
Jesus Christ. Barry makes one comment about an assault weapons ban and we get 1,000,000 threads of people in a panic. This isn't new news everybody knows what Barry's about and everybody knows his real position on the second Amendment.