PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Conversion Barrel Thread Protector

scoutchris
10-17-12, 17:38
So I just purchased a LWD 40-9 Conversion Barrel for my G27, and made sure it was black with no markings. Unfortunately, I didn't do the same thing for the thread protector I ordered for it, and now have a stainless thread protector hanging off of an all black gun. This is unacceptable for a anal retentive shooter like myself!

So I reaaalllly want to take it out this weekend and shoot it, but I can't possibly look like Travis Haley if I have a mismatched thread protector. I live in DFW, and am looking for a 1/2x28 black thread protector that can get in my hands by Friday. Is there any place in DFW that sells any? Does anyone have one they would overnight to me? Am I being too much of a pre-madonna and just need to Krylon this bitch flat black?

My only issue with the krylon route is that its nearly half the cost of a thread protector and it will undoubtedly come off and look stupid eventually. HELP!

tuck
10-17-12, 18:00
Am I being too much of a pre-madonna and just need to Krylon this bitch flat black?

This.

scoutchris
10-17-12, 18:03
I know, but in the end, the krylon will just come off, and I'll have spent half as much as the actual thread protector!

tuck
10-17-12, 18:06
I know, but in the end, the krylon will just come off, and I'll have spent half as much as the actual thread protector!

A silver thread protector isn't the end of the world and won't ruin a range day or two. Order a black one and sell the silver one once the black one comes in.

Frankly, this is topic is hardly worthy of a thread.

Vash1023
10-17-12, 18:07
just paint it

wahoo95
10-17-12, 18:10
Has this become TOS?

tuck
10-17-12, 18:20
Has this become TOS?

It's getting there... :suicide:

scoutchris
10-17-12, 18:46
It's getting there... :suicide:

Tuck, I'm SO SORRY to ruin your day. After reviewing the other threads in the semi-auto handgun section I realized there are much more important discussions to be had, like which 9mm compact "recoils" more, or whether or not the gen 3 trigger bar will actually work in a gen 2 Glock despite it being ok'd from an armorer. Sorry, dude. I hope your evening gets better.

If anyone knows of a place in DFW that stocks black 1/2x28 thread protectors, I would be very grateful for a recommendation.

tuck
10-17-12, 19:29
Try contacting some of these places: Link (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Denton+TX+gun+stores)

scoutchris
10-17-12, 21:11
Ooohhhhh, I see what you did there! Thanks so much, man!

glocktogo
10-17-12, 23:20
This thread has EPIC potential! :D

Big A
10-18-12, 09:59
Try contacting some of these places: Link (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Denton+TX+gun+stores)

:haha:

Seriously OP, why don't you contact Lone Wolf and see if they will exchange it for you?

Blastem
10-18-12, 13:21
Electrical tape to protect the threads until you can exchange it or buy one.

One more thought. I lost one of my thread protectors and it was nice to have a backup handy. Ymmv

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2