PDA

View Full Version : Colt blocks again

nineteenkilo
10-18-12, 07:59
As much as a fan of Colt as I have always been, it's getting bit ridiculous. 2nd time in five months means soldiers are going to start paying for this at some point.

http://stage.military.com/daily-news/2012/10/18/colt-again-blocks-armys-advanced-m4-plan.html?ESRC=topstories.RSS

SOWT
10-18-12, 09:10
Agree, but why new weapons?

Couldn't they just buy new triggers/selectors and have unit armorers install them?

nineteenkilo
10-18-12, 09:13
I'm a little fuzzy on this as well. Perhaps IG or one of the others has a better idea of the mechanics between the two variants.

Iraqgunz
10-18-12, 10:58
No idea. There is also little doubt that TACOM needs to get people in there that have some REAL experience with the weapon. There are so many reliable options that could be added to the M4 platform to make it even better.

Of course until they quit focusing on stupid shit like staggering gas rings and only applying lube to certain areas nothing will change.

Littlelebowski
10-18-12, 11:22
Of course until they quit focusing on stupid shit like staggering gas rings and only applying lube to certain areas nothing will change.

I've come to despise the term "training scars" but if I had a nickle for every idiot who is still convinced that their weapon needs to be parade ground inspection ready because their drill instructor/drill sergeant told them so........ Some people need to learn how to think for themselves.