PDA

View Full Version : Question about Glock Smyrna GA. Headquarters

Straight Shooter
10-19-12, 19:49
Can a person just walk into the HQ and get a pistol examined or repaired? Is it a store there, also? Also, I always read about getting warranty work done for free, does this cover mags too?
Ive got 3-4 G21 mags with weak springs, would they respring these for free? If I walked in, and said I had a BTF issues with my new G17, and I wanted a new 30327 extractor installed, would they do it?
In other words, can I just walk in, do I need an appt., or whats the deal at the HQ?

Sam
10-19-12, 19:59
It's not a show room store, there is no show room.

You should call and make an appointment if you want to bring your gun in and drop it off. Owners who bring their guns aren't allowed past the front lobby.

They will refurbish your magazines. Bring them with the gun that you want serviced.

Their armorers work several shifts all 24 hours a day. Those guys are that busy!

The best and easiest thing to do is check when GSSF will be in a town near you to hold their matches. Their armorers will be there to service Glock guns. You don't even have to shoot the match, just show up with an unloaded gun to have the armorers go over it.

Straight Shooter
10-19-12, 20:26
Sam-
THANKS! If I say I wanted a newer extractor installed, would they do it on my word, or what?

Sam
10-19-12, 21:02
I would say so.

I took my old beat up, finish worn off G19 to the GSSF match and the armorer replaced a bunch of the internal parts that were worn or looked worn. I didn't even ask them to do it.

DocH
10-19-12, 22:59
The Glock headquaters in Smyrna is what you would call hidden in plain sight due to the trees planted along the front of the gate.You'll have to look closely or you'll drive past it.
Security will open the gate for you and you check in and park.You will be directed to a front door where you will ring the buzzer and the receptionist will answer. When you state your business,she will buzz you in and speak with you. A technician will come to the lobby to examine your pistol and you will fill out and sign a short form detailing the work to be done.
If it's something simple you can wait in the lobby while it is completed and the tech will return your gun when it's finished.
If it's something that requires payment it's simpler to have cash.
They will not perform any work that they would consider would put the pistol "out of spec",such as installing a smooth trigger in a G19,etc. They are very polite,as is Security.
There is a nice little collage of photos and names of all the firefighters who died on 9/11 in the small lobby. They will probably do what you are wanting and it's doubtful there will be a charge for either.

JHC
10-19-12, 23:33
It's been a few years since I got 2 well worn Gen 2's refurbished with the free inspect and upgrade program while I waited but I didn't have an appt. My call ahead indicated it was not necessary. Just drove up; a great guard at the gate zip tied the two pistols; I took them in as Doc described and 45 mins later I left with two nearly new Gen 2s.

Straight Shooter
10-20-12, 03:54
Gentlemen-
My questions have been fully answered...thank yall so much!
Ive always heard of the place, had no idea until now what one could do there. Again, thanks for all the info.

robfromsc
10-20-12, 05:00
Just as stated. I've gone 3x. Waited for the work to be done. Very nice. Even was given new mags.

Bullseye-777
10-23-12, 18:56
Not many gun companies offer this type of quick service. Nice.

mtdawg169
10-25-12, 09:00
Sam-
THANKS! If I say I wanted a newer extractor installed, would they do it on my word, or what?

I had a new Gen3 G19 with ejection issues. I drove up to Smyrna, checked my gun in at the front gate,got my visitors badge and walked into the service reception area. A tech will come out to meet you and discuss what you need done. You wait in the reception area and they'll usually have it done in under an hour. When I went in, they not only replaced the extractor, they voluntarily replaced the plunger assembly and recoil spring, test fired the gun and did it all for free. Hard to beat that kind of service.

Nephrology
10-25-12, 09:41
For those of use with worn or used mags, you can also mail them in to Glock's customer serviced to have them replaced with the newest version of the same magazine free of charge. I took 2 old-school non-drop free mags with worn out mag springs and got 2 new mags with the gen 4 ambi cut in under a week .

Sam
10-25-12, 20:46
I don't know if this is a standard practice but it happened to a friend of mine. He took his Glock in for a warranty work. His gun has a Blue Force Gear/Vickers magazine release that he installed. When he went to pick up his gun, it was returned to him with a standard FACTORY magazine released installed ! They returned the Vickers mag release back to him. :eek: I would be very very pissed if they tossed the Vickers mag release.

jamaicanj
11-11-12, 08:39
I don't know if this is a standard practice but it happened to a friend of mine. He took his Glock in for a warranty work. His gun has a Blue Force Gear/Vickers magazine release that he installed. When he went to pick up his gun, it was returned to him with a standard FACTORY magazine released installed ! They returned the Vickers mag release back to him. :eek: I would be very very pissed if they tossed the Vickers mag release.

That is standard practice to bring the gun back to factory specs with original parts (other than the sights). So slide releases, mag releases, connectors, springs that are not factory will be replaced. You will get your aftermarket parts in a bag