PDA

View Full Version : Justice Kagan is antelope hunting this weekend.

500grains
10-19-12, 22:05
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Supreme Court Justices Elena Kagan and Antonin Scalia are ideological opposites, yet they share a pastime. They like to hunt together.

Kagan amused an audience Friday at the University of Tennessee College of Law in Knoxville with stories of how the conservative Scalia taught her to shoot fowl.

She said Scalia told her in the spring, "It's time to move on to the big game."

She said the two will go hunting in Wyoming this weekend and she hopes to bag an antelope.

http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2012/10/19/justice_kagan_says_scalia_is_game_hunting_partner

SMETNA
10-19-12, 22:25
This can only be a good thing

iPhone/Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
10-19-12, 22:29
I'm foliage green with envy.

I hear their back straps are a real treat.

Straight Shooter
10-19-12, 22:33
GET THE **** OUT! I would have NEVER guessed this woman would even/had even handle a gun, much less hunt, much less hunt with Scalia. Thanks for this info.

chadbag
10-19-12, 22:48
Of course, hunting is a proper person's pastime. :roll eyes:

Those eveil assault weapons are a different matter.

I doubt it was backstrap meat, but my neighbor was in Wyoming a couple weeks ago Antelope hunting and he gave me some jerky he made. It was really good.

He said there are so many antelope out there that it is not a question of whether you get one or not, but whether you have time to wait for the one you really want.

--

Stangman
10-19-12, 23:32
I'm completely speechless. I would have NEVER thought this scenario could happen

obucina
10-20-12, 00:03
Is Cheney coming along?

GeorgiaBoy
10-20-12, 00:09
Scalia gets along so well with ideological opposites. (Ginsberg and now Kagen)

We should learn from this man.

SMETNA
10-20-12, 16:17
Is Cheney coming along?

LoL.

"Hey, who invited Darth Va---"
"BANG!"

" . . . . oops."

iPhone/Tapatalk

3 AE
10-20-12, 19:17
I'm foliage green with envy.

Yes they are! Went on a Pronghorn hunt many years ago in Eastern Oregon. Friend got one and gave me some of the backstrap. Sliced it 1/4" thick, S&P it, and a thirty second sear on both sides in a hot cast iron skillet. Served it with sauteed mushrooms and onions and washed it down with a decent Cabernet. Man, that was living the good life! :)

Moose-Knuckle
10-21-12, 01:26
Yes they are! Went on a Pronghorn hunt many years ago in Eastern Oregon. Friend got one and gave me some of the backstrap. Sliced it 1/4" thick, S&P it, and a thirty second sear on both sides in a hot cast iron skillet. Served it with sauteed mushrooms and onions and washed it down with a decent Cabernet. Man, that was living the good life! :)

Damn, there for a second I could almost smell it! :D