PDA

View Full Version : FF railed handugards for 9mm AR?

ron556
02-10-08, 14:50
i recently acquired a 9mm AR [my first]. it's a CMMG M4-style + it's great. can anyone recommend a good rail platform for it? i thought i might be able to mount my ARMS system on it, but that's a no-go. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

SuicideHz
02-10-08, 15:57
i recently acquired a 9mm AR [my first]. it's a CMMG M4-style + it's great. can anyone recommend a good rail platform for it? i thought i might be able to mount my ARMS system on it, but that's a no-go. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

KAC or Omega. You can find a KAC for the Omega's price complete with covers and VFG.

ron556
02-16-08, 20:43
what about the surefire M73?

Wave
02-18-08, 09:34
I recently added a LaRue 12.0 rail setup to my 16" RRA 9mm. There is no need for a low profile gasblock as it's blowback operated anyhow and the rails cover most of the barrel including where the front sight post/gas block once was.
You will need a rail mount flip up front sight if you require iron sights however.

It looks really sweet and I have lots of landscape to mount pretty much anything I want now.

LaRue products are the way to go for me.:D

rob_s
02-18-08, 09:43
The Surefire isn't a FF.

If you have a standard front sight base I'd suggest a Daniel Defense Omega rail as it will be about the easiest install for that application.