trinydex
10-21-12, 03:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU7XWFFTEO8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSbAT2qZwK8

http://www.warsport-us.com/

what is this?

Sticks
10-21-12, 05:45
Looks to be a new company for the weekend warrior/Gecko45 crowd.

Littlelebowski
10-21-12, 08:01
Their web site does not inspire confidence. Looks like AR15 parts assemblers. I would stay away.

ericridebike
10-21-12, 08:49
War Sport is a great company. They are local to North Carolina and I have met the owner, Joey, at training courses around here. I have also ordered stuff from them. Customer service is outstanding as Joey will go out of his way to make sure you are taken care of. Their reputation in this area is great & I know there are some more NC folks here on the forum that can probably vouch for them as well. They are definitely not a "Mall-Ninja Crowd" type company.

eperk
10-21-12, 08:58
Looks kind of expensive to me. $750 for a complete lower with Giessele trigger???
They also have stripped lowers for $150 but you have to coat them or paint them yourself. When they say stripped, they mean stripped. Think I'll pass.

dorton
10-21-12, 09:40
They will be hitting the market next month with an AR based rifle unlike anything on the market. They are not built for mall ninjas, quite the opposite.

wahoo95
10-21-12, 09:42
Their web site does not inspire confidence. Looks like AR15 parts assemblers. I would stay away.

Ummm, so I guess you believe Noveske, BCM, and most everyone else other than Daniel Defense and Colt suck too huh?

Littlelebowski
10-21-12, 10:41
Ummm, so I guess you believe Noveske, BCM, and most everyone else other than Daniel Defense and Colt suck too huh?

No, that was not what I was trying to say. I do realize that most "manufacturers" don't make their own parts in house and that's fine. The very fact that the AR rifle design is essentially open source and doesn't require blessing of certain gunsmiths/customer builders to make it run is one of the fundamental strengths of the design.

I didn't have time to finish my thoughts (had to take my daughter and dog hiking) but the website gave me a certain vibe. However, I'm seeing positive things said about the company on here. I'll listen and see if any owners of their gear show up.

Littlelebowski
10-21-12, 10:43

Also, my favorite rifle is my S&W M&P :D Older, Gen3 Glock 9mm like reliability.

wahoo95
10-21-12, 11:08
I know Joey as well and have seen his work. He does take pride in the stuff he builds and works to improve on the system. To date he is the only guy I know that has a fully functional and reliable 12.5" Mid Gas system in their new LVOA SBR. I will be taking a class in November where their new 14.5" Rifle will be available for review. I'm looming forward to checking it out.

I am in no way affiliated with Warsport, however I do know the owners and know that they are serious about what they do.

Littlelebowski
10-21-12, 11:14
I know Joey as well and have seen his work. He does take pride in the stuff he builds and works to improve on the system. To date he is the only guy I know that has a fully functional and reliable 12.5" Mid Gas system in their new LVOA SBR. I will be taking a class in November where their new 14.5" Rifle will be available for review. I'm looming forward to checking it out.

I am in no way affiliated with Warsport, however I do know the owners and know that they are serious about what they do.

So.....your word is enough for me. I'll be reading up on that 12.5"

kmrtnsn
10-21-12, 11:39
James Yeager/Tactical Response is involved?

DeltaSierra
10-21-12, 12:05

I noticed that as well...

That was enough for me, right there...

trinydex
10-21-12, 12:17
I'm just wondering what is so special about their technology that creates a recoil reduced rifle. What is so great about it?

dorton
10-21-12, 12:37
Looks to me like he made a video, along with chris costa.

I'd recommend not making assumptions about warsport based on that video. If Yeager makes a videos about Glocks, what will that tell you?

C45P312
10-21-12, 13:09
I wonder how they came up with the name. What makes it "Low Visibility"?

It's a cool idea having a mid-length gas system for a 12.5in barrel but I'm sure that's the shortest the barrel can go for mid-length anyway. I would like to feel the difference between a 12.5in carbine and the 12.5in mid-length though I don't think there will much of one.

Littlelebowski
10-21-12, 13:12

Wait, is this that rifle that Yeager and Costa are endorsing?

500grains
10-21-12, 15:20
Also, my favorite rifle is my S&W M&P :

Econojunk.

Littlelebowski
10-21-12, 15:24
Econojunk.

Nice, really added to the discussion. Care to be specific? Pat Rogers endorsed the M&P line a while ago. I've taken my experience with a 5.45 very publicly and it's been outstanding.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

justin_247
10-21-12, 15:50
Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU7XWFFTEO8

I'm intrigued. Looks like a 12.5" midlength probably coupled with a VLTOR A5 system to increase the reliability issues that may be inherent with that system.

I know Spike's had a 12.5" midlength that they ran for awhile, but it was only a limited run. You can find these uppers for sale floating around the internet.

Austin_Nichols
10-30-12, 18:22
Looks like a no-longer available Mega upper.

Austin_Nichols
10-30-12, 18:24
Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU7XWFFTEO8

I'm intrigued. Looks like a 12.5" midlength probably coupled with a VLTOR A5 system to increase the reliability issues that may be inherent with that system.

I know Spike's had a 12.5" midlength that they ran for awhile, but it was only a limited run. You can find these uppers for sale floating around the internet.

Never had any problems running a 13" mid-length gas system.

TCBA_Joe
10-30-12, 19:10
Sounds cool, but you can make anything sound cool.

The fact that big names are involved/endorsing give me the impression its not just another parts rifle.

This sounds odd, but I'm more interested in the "heat resistant elastic cords" they put on the handguards for retaining tape switch cables.

justin_247
10-30-12, 19:26
Never had any problems running a 13" mid-length gas system.

Very interesting! Can you tell us more about your setup, such as the parts used, gas port size, bolt carrier, buffer configuration and the type of ammo you usually use?

Casull
10-30-12, 19:27

No. The video should make it a little obvious.

Costa is the one who ran T&E on it for a while from all I saw in the past months. You can actually tell it's true by the fact Chris is the one presenting and Yeager is acting as the intermediary and just giving some thoughts.

I'm not interested in the system yet, I keep an eye on warsport, though.

Austin_Nichols
10-31-12, 00:42
Very interesting! Can you tell us more about your setup, such as the parts used, gas port size, bolt carrier, buffer configuration and the type of ammo you usually use?

Sure. Got a few short barrel midlength test guns. Custom stainless CHF barrels. Gas ports started as .078" but would only cycle 5.56 (unless suppressed--this could be acceptable for some, depending on philosophy). Opened to .081"/.082" runs strong w/o being overgassed. Sprinco white or blue spring, H or H2 buffer depending on ammo/can config. Colt auto BCG, lowers vary. SureFire goods up front.

ETA: testing is ongoing full auto/high round count/tracking MRBF, etc. It works, but it takes LOTS of shooting to validate a concept/configuration. And even then, to measure any performance gain over established carbine gas setups is probably a statistic impossibility given numerous variables involved. On the other hand, "feel" is a matter of perception, marketing, and preference. We just like running the tests and numbers--nerds are good that way.

eperk
10-31-12, 06:07
Got on their website to look at their "signature" lower. Seems to be they are just assembling a lower from various sources. I'm building a complete lower as we speak that is very similar to theirs using a Mega lower for over $300 less.

Tiny86
11-26-12, 23:24
Well I don't know if anyone was keeping track of this gun, but it is up on their sight now.

saddlerocker
11-26-12, 23:59
I think the BREVIS suppressor is interesting.

I saw it mentioned by someone in the industry before, saying that going from 1.5" to 2" diameter allowed them to make the OAL shorter but keep relatively the same DB reduction.

wahoo95
11-27-12, 06:06
I'd like to check out that Brevis at some point. I like the size and the cost. Looks like the first run of rifles were completed and sold already. That's a good thing in my book. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

Casull
11-27-12, 17:01
The gun itself has its own site altogether with specs and all published. This is what the Warsport site leads to:

LVOA.us (http://lvoa.us/)

It really is taking a different approach. I do see sig, LWRC, and HK are bringing tiny SBR's into existence, but this ones does seem to be coming from a new direction. Either way, is it filling a role that needs to be filled? it's my understanding there is this whole "replace the sub-guns" thing flying round. Lest we forget the KAC PDW and Magpul's design.

NCPatrolAR
11-27-12, 17:08
The gun itself has its own site altogether with specs and all published. This is what the Warsport site leads to:

LVOA.us (http://lvoa.us/)

It really is taking a different approach. I do see sig, LWRC, and HK are bringing tiny SBR's into existence, but this ones does seem to be coming from a new direction. Either way, is it filling a role that needs to be filled? it's my understanding there is this whole "replace the sub-guns" thing flying round. Lest we forget the KAC PDW and Magpul's design.

You're comparing 2 PDWs with a 12" barreled SBR?

badness
11-27-12, 17:10
how much anyone wanna bet that we're going to see a lot of bungee cords strapped up to rails in the next coming year.

Casull
11-27-12, 17:21
You're comparing 2 PDWs with a 12" barreled SBR?

I make the comparison based on the perceived fads (maybe not "fads" exactly). The warsport gun apparently is for "Low-Visibility Operations" in that it's low profile and how whipped out until it's needed. It was my impression that PDW-style weapons where used for this kind of thing. I'm also taking into account that we've got .300 Blackout idea of replacing things like the MP5 SD. LWRC just recently put out a 6.8 PDW (tiny SBR), and Sig also shows they've got a simmilar .300 blk too.

Note: The warsport, sig, and lwrc all feature low mass bolts.

Also note: the KAC PDW is a 10"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/lwrc_ic_psd-tfb1.jpeg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ausa_2012_1-tm-tfb.jpg

edit: You do make a good point of course.

C45P312
11-27-12, 17:31
how much anyone wanna bet that we're going to see a lot of bungee cords strapped up to rails in the next coming year.

I don't see it happening.

badness
11-27-12, 17:50

Maybe. All it takes is costa to be seen or heard speaking of the bungee, it will take off for sure.

Merle
11-27-12, 18:02
Hmm, this for $2950 or a SR15 for about $1300 cheaper. Decisions decisions.

Five_Point_Five_Six
11-27-12, 19:29

I can think of one site where there is probably already a bungee cord group buy starting.

C45P312
11-27-12, 22:18
Maybe. All it takes is costa to be seen or heard speaking of the bungee, it will take off for sure.

I do agree with that. lol

I mean, who else can sell 200 of the leg rigs @ $140 for $28,000 in less than an hour. Do people actually even use those things for LEO or Military applications? I can see it being a good rig I guess for courses to bring ammo to the line but other than that, why was it even developed?

zekus480
03-29-13, 22:36
A little background on me, my first AR was a stock RRA with a knockoff EOTech, i was a young badass Airborne Infantryman in the 82d ABN DIV and nobody could tell me anything about guns. This was in 2003, shortly after i bought a GG&G free float rail that weighed about 5lbs, and some crap accessories. It stayed in the closet for the better part of 5 years.

About 2008 i found TOS, and heard about the chart and migrated over here where I check the new posts at least twice a day, read a lot, post a little, and ask questions when i need to. I soon after picked up a Colt 6920, with an Aimpoint M4S, and good parts from Magpul, IWC, and Troy. This year I've managed to score a BCM lower and BCM 16" BHF upper. I am grateful to M4C to help me become a student of the gun over the past few years.

I’ve been watching War Sport for a while now, searched the forums here and watched the YouTube videos. Today I went with a friend to pick up his gun and learn a little more about the LVOA. Joey is a class act, he was in the process of pinning the BC 1.5 to the 14.5" barrel and while his shop had complete guns for us to look at, I was way more interested in his gunsmithing. He explained everything as he was doing it and answering all my questions.

After about a half hour I made it over to where the complete guns were and got to handle them. I am really impressed with his rail system, the oval shape felt really comfortable, but I was skeptical about how it would shoot. Joey put the gun together and we were off to test fire it. My first impressions are that this is the softest shooting gun I’ve ever pulled the trigger on! I can certainly tell the difference between my BCM 16" middy and the LVOA. We shot about 200 rounds in 10 minutes without any type of failure with different brands of .223 and 5.56. It shoots very flat and the recoil is incredibly soft.

I've shot a lot over the past few years trying to learn as much as I can about the AR, an am by no means an expert but I'm going to be saving a little every month until I can buy one of these. If my buddy runs this gun as hard as he's run his others and it’s still going I will certainly buy one, because for me this is the gun of the future.

eperk
03-30-13, 11:08
Hmm, this for $2950 or a SR15 for about $1300 cheaper. Decisions decisions.

My thoughts exactly.
I also don't get the "low visibility" thing. Just another gimmick, like the bungee cords.
Maybe you could paint some bungee cords in OD. Then you have the best of both worlds. Low visibility bungee cords.
Think I'll pass. Call me old fashioned but I'll stick with the tried and true.

zekus480
04-06-13, 11:40
The LVOA AR ships with Rail Bungee (Shock Cord) installed on the rail. The “Bungee” provides better grip under wet conditions, reduces the noise and harmonics the rail may produce, gives the shooter a quick -n- easy way to secure cables from lights, lasers, etc… The bungee can also be utilized to “suspended” the muzzle end of the weapon when conditions permit (Vehicle applications, HELO applications, wounded Shooter, etc…

http://lvoa.us/?page_id=80

Quinn
04-06-13, 13:45
didnt read through the whole thread so might have been touched on..

Why does the rail extend over the muzzle device? Is there a reason besides aesthetics?

zekus480
04-06-13, 14:06
The rail system extends a little past the barrel which aids in flash suppression. The following is from http://lvoa.us/?page_id=80

" The LVOA design principle was to engineer an SBR platform (Entry Weapon, CQC, CQB, etc…) that offers the lowest Flash Signature without the use of a sound suppressor (Go Loud, Go Fast without the Flash). The final outcome of our testing also produced one of the flattest shooting AR’s on the market with almost zero felt impulse. Target acquisition and follow up shots with the LVOA AR is very fast even for the novice shooter. The LVOA -S (SBR) is a very accurate system from 0 – 300yds with plenty of knock down energy. We accomplished these benefits by using a full muzzle brake and designing a rail system that encompasses the muzzle brake and acts as a “Flash Hider” and temperature regulator, so basically you get a the best of both worlds (Flash Hider + Muzzle Brake)."

As a medic one of the unitended features of the rail over comp designs is that I can work on a patient on the ground and not have to worry about junk getting into the muzzle. Not what it was designed for, but I like it.