PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6550GC? Factory Camo? Worth?

Noodles
10-22-12, 19:35
I came across two Colt Gov't models in my Dad's safe. I'm helping my mom clear things out and get rid of anything we don't want to keep.

I had seen these but always thought the camo was a after-colt thing. Apparently it's a Z-coat finish, and rare. Howmwould someone have gotten one of these? We're they custom order only?

Also, these are low serial number, 200-400 rounds fired, no box or factory accessories. Any idea what they are worth?

I figured being pre-ban they must be worth something. Anyone?

BH321
10-23-12, 17:25
Those are some of the rarer rifles Colt has made. However, are you sure it doesn't say "R6550CC"? In any case they are beautiful rifles so please post pictures as it sounds like yours should be in good condition given their low round counts.

Noodles
10-23-12, 21:29
You're right. It is CC.

They are in great condition. And as soon as I can I'll try and get some photos of the pair.

The one has a curious serial number. It's a GS0000XX so I'm wondering if that's under the first 100 gov models or something else. I looked up colt serials but couldn't really figure out what was what.

I think one will go up for sale right away, the other we'll keep. I still need to determine a worth, I'll check the blue book tomorrow.

scottryan
10-24-12, 18:19
I came across two Colt Gov't models in my Dad's safe. I'm helping my mom clear things out and get rid of anything we don't want to keep.

I had seen these but always thought the camo was a after-colt thing. Apparently it's a Z-coat finish, and rare. Howmwould someone have gotten one of these? We're they custom order only?

Also, these are low serial number, 200-400 rounds fired, no box or factory accessories. Any idea what they are worth?

I figured being pre-ban they must be worth something. Anyone?

If they don't have the box, I would get rid of them.

They aren't that great of a collectable.

Noodles
10-25-12, 07:55
If they don't have the box, I would get rid of them.

They aren't that great of a collectable.

Hmmm, the blue book listed price and the offers I've gotten in disagree with that. But this is the Internet, so..... :)

scottryan
10-25-12, 18:25
Hmmm, the blue book listed price and the offers I've gotten in disagree with that. But this is the Internet, so..... :)

They aren't collectable compared to one that is NIB.

They also aren't that rare. There is one on gunbroker every month.

BH321
10-25-12, 20:28
They aren't collectable compared to one that is NIB.

They also aren't that rare. There is one on gunbroker every month.

It may be the case that they aren't as desirable without the box, but I wouldn't call them not all that rare given that there were only 500 made and one in good condition can be hard to come by. In any case, I am still waiting for pictures.

Split66
10-26-12, 10:56
Why dont you shoot the piss out of them?