PDA

View Full Version : Best Laser Sight For Glocks?

Bullseye-777
10-23-12, 18:59
I'm thinking about getting a laser sight for my Glock 19.

Looking for feedback on different types, pros/cons. Thanks.

Voodoo_Man
10-23-12, 19:25
I have a viridisn x5l gen2 on my g19. Light and green laser. Lots of win.

Kain
10-23-12, 19:36
What kind are you looking for?

I have played with three different ones, the TLR2s, Surefire X400, Lasermax internal laser, and have handled the Crimson trace models.

Of the three I have actually used, the X400 was probably the best of the group. While changing modes wasn't as easy as the TLR2s, it was much harder to do inadvertently. The Laser max was by far my least favorite, a friend bought one, paid $80 for it so no big deal, the laser, while it worked in theory is neither lined up with the iron sites or the POI of the gun and there were no ways that we could see to adjust it, he sold it locally and I have watched it regularly being bounced around from one guy to the next. The TLR2s was okay, but was larger then the Surefire, and the mode to change the functions felt like it could be done inadvertently.

Don't personal care for the crimson trace models since they add bulk and stop you from being able to stipple the gun.

Personally don't care for visible lasers but those are my takes on the ones I have had. Would rather save the cash and buy something else, but if you have to have one or just want one those are my little foot notes on the models I have played with. Hope it helps.

Bullseye-777
10-23-12, 19:50
What kind are you looking for?

I have played with three different ones, the TLR2s, Surefire X400, Lasermax internal laser, and have handled the Crimson trace models.

Of the three I have actually used, the X400 was probably the best of the group. While changing modes wasn't as easy as the TLR2s, it was much harder to do inadvertently. The Laser max was by far my least favorite, a friend bought one, paid $80 for it so no big deal, the laser, while it worked in theory is neither lined up with the iron sites or the POI of the gun and there were no ways that we could see to adjust it, he sold it locally and I have watched it regularly being bounced around from one guy to the next. The TLR2s was okay, but was larger then the Surefire, and the mode to change the functions felt like it could be done inadvertently.

Don't personal care for the crimson trace models since they add bulk and stop you from being able to stipple the gun.

Personally don't care for visible lasers but those are my takes on the ones I have had. Would rather save the cash and buy something else, but if you have to have one or just want one those are my little foot notes on the models I have played with. Hope it helps.

Thinking about a Lasermax but I've read some bad reviews about
them. Maybe a rail-mounted laser / light would be better.

tmoore912
10-24-12, 12:59
I have been pretty pleased with the Crimson Trace LG-619-LTG combo I bought for my G19. The laser grip does make the Glock grip bulkier, which keeps me from getting to the mag release or slide lock without changing my grip. The LightGuard works well for me carrying appendix in my JM Custom Kydex holster. I wanted something slim and small for that carry option.

I would also like to try the Viridian C5L laser/light. It looks nice and small. http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/viridian-c5l-laser-sight

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii218/tmoore912/Holsters/AIWB/2012-07-26_13-16-52_128_zps1fb4a09e.jpg

Kain
10-24-12, 14:38
Thinking about a Lasermax but I've read some bad reviews about
them. Maybe a rail-mounted laser / light would be better.

I really do think it is over priced for what it is. For $80 like my friend paid for his on closeout at a local gun store, maybe, if you could get it to line up with where you were aiming then perhaps. Rail mounted lights do offer adjustability and when sighted in proper I have been impressed on how accurate they can actually be.

prdubi
10-24-12, 14:58
Lasermax..yes....replace a major component of your pistol and hope for the best.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

brickboy240
10-24-12, 15:34
Perhaps the one with a built in brass deflector?

LOL

Seriously, maybe we ought to start welding on a big "hump" behind the ejection ports on Glock 9mm slides....sort of like the ones you see on AR uppers behind the ejection port.

-brickboy240

Bullseye-777
10-24-12, 18:05
I have a used Lasermax coming in. I'll give it a try and see how it is.
Thanks.

Magic_Salad0892
10-24-12, 18:15
I'd roll a CTC if I had to use a laser. I've used them before, and they were okay.

baffle Stack
10-24-12, 21:33
Something with holster support. Surefire X400 being at the top of that list. Add the DG switch for functionality identical to crimson trace. I find the raven phantom compliments the combo nicely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/cybin/2012-02-23093823.jpg

usmcvet
06-24-13, 22:59
I really do think it is over priced for what it is. For $80 like my friend paid for his on closeout at a local gun store, maybe, if you could get it to line up with where you were aiming then perhaps. Rail mounted lights do offer adjustability and when sighted in proper I have been impressed on how accurate they can actually be.

I've had several, Laser Max sights for Glocks. They lined up perfectly with my sights. I just don't feel the need for them. When shooting in bright sunlight with sunglasses I can't see the laser. At night ormin thedark it would be different.

kevN
06-25-13, 00:12
I think the best one is the SF x400. I would eliminate all options that are rail attached that don't have a light, because a light is probably 10x more useful and you don't want to preclude yourself from running one.

Obviously they have a place (shooting from behind a ballistic shield, or maybe in some lowlight scenarios). But if you are going to lug it around and buy new holsters/etc then you figure out if its actually useful to you (maybe you have already and more power to you).

If its a range thing, rock on, but don't get too accustomed to shooting with a "target" vs "front sight" focus.

eodinert
06-25-13, 10:53
Something infrared.

rathos
06-26-13, 01:35
this is like asking what are the best tennis shoes for running, or what is the best truck for towing a boat. Its all very subjective. Crimson trace has been around for a long time and they are very instinctive to use. They have a great warranty and they give you free batteries once per year.

Surefire x400 is a great light and laser but its really expensive. TLR-2 is decent light and laser but again very pricey for what you get. I would suggest going to a store that sells them and has demo models and use them. I feel like the crimson trace are the best and on a glock they will fit most holsters without modification.

learner-gr
07-16-13, 11:48
Also have a look at this :
http://www.laserlyte.com/products/rtb-gl