PDA

View Full Version : WTK: what and where can I get the T-1 Mount

WillyB70
02-11-08, 08:00
http://photos.imageevent.com/smglee/ss2008/huge/DSCN0279.JPG

Thank you for any help!

C4IGrant
02-11-08, 08:21
It is made Matech I believe. Don't know if it is out yet. I am also not sure if it is really needed.

C4

FJB
02-11-08, 20:30
The MATECH ballistically compensated mount for the Micro T-1 is the result of one of my concepts for a light (~6 ounce) ballistically compensated red dot sight for use with M249 SAWs and M240Bs or M240Gs. Currently most MG optics weigh over 1 1/2 lbs, which sucks when the guns weigh 16 to 20 lbs. I approached MATECH during the Infantry Warfighter Conference back in Sept and met with them again during Modern Day Marine in Oct. MATECH took the concept and built the prototypes that were shown at SHOT. It was tested last weekon a M240G and it worked very well. It still needs some product improvement. The ballistic elevation knob is on the right side vice the left side. I originally requested the left side and am still not sure why they put it on the right. (All machinegunners are right handed and elevation adjustments are done with the left hand.) The production model will probably have an elevation knob on each side and will have throw levers for mounting.

Bottomline is that the MATECH mount shown at SHOT show is a very early prototype with initial sales earmarked for the military. There are several military organizations that are very excited about its potential. However, there may be civilian application and if there is either MATECH or LWRC will offer it for sale.

FYI. The Aimpoint 3X magnifier will work with the MATECH Micro Mount if you use Aimpoint's Twist Mount.

S/F

JVG19
07-02-16, 19:49
So this would move the red dot for elevation like a rear sight would ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mrgunsngear
07-03-16, 10:28
So this would move the red dot for elevation like a rear sight would ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

indeed