PDA

View Full Version : 5 Stories A Day

newyork
10-24-12, 09:01
I don't have a ton of time to pay attention to the news. I'm busy, I have work, I have a social life and family. Even if I did have the free time, I don't trust the news enough to spend it that way. But I can tell that things are changing. Events are happening and I feel like I don't know what is going on. Then a friend told me about a site he runs called 5storiesaday.com. They look at 50-60 news stories every single day and then give you the 5 most important ones. There's a link to every story and some context for each one of them. Honestly, it's insane how much happens on a daily basis, but I feel like I can finally see and understand what the heck is going on in the world. They also do their own article every Saturday, explaining topics that I had never heard about before and it seems none of my friends know about either.

I love this country. I love it despite its worst, and I love it because of its best. I'm tired of seeing it slammed and insulted and disrespected. I'm tired of being lied to by politicians and the media. I'm tired of not knowing enough to defend her and myself against all the attacks and arguments that just seem stupid to me. I don't feel powerless anymore though. A friend of mine sent me this site, 5storiesaday.com, and I feel like I actually know what is going on now. I feel like I can finally defend this country and my beliefs. Hell, I feel like I understand my own beliefs better. Now I want to do my part and wake up other people.

This is a free service with no catch. I know the owner and author very well. We have bartended together and been friends for awhile now. This isn't his job. He does 5 stories after work each day and makes no money from it.
It's an excellent way to get updated and educated on current important topics the main stream media and administration don't let you know about.
Rich

nineteenkilo
10-24-12, 09:05
Not too bad. Thanks for the share. :)

newyork
10-24-12, 12:06
No problem. Let me know what you think if you sign up