PDA

View Full Version : Form 1, moving states and engraving

rushca01
10-24-12, 13:18
In an attempt to not bother the ATF I have a question about SBR engraving.

Sent 2 form 1's in from Ohio.
Moved to Indiana (permanent move) before the forms were approved.
Prior to the move I sent in the 5320.20s for all my NFA items including the two form 1's that were not approved yet.
After the move I got the approved 5320.20s back for 4 of my NFA itmes but not to the two pending Form 1s.
A few weeks letter my Form 1's were approved and they also sent the approved 5320.20s with the new stamps.

My question is this, do I engrave my old address or new address? Let's not debate whether or not I should have engraved my lower prior to approval...

Stangman
10-24-12, 14:24
I can't remember the form off the top of my head (I think it's a corrected form 1), but you'll need to send in the correct info to the ATF. They will adjust the address to the new one. So, in short the new address is what should be engraved.

Iraqgunz
10-24-12, 14:41
I would just put the old address on there but not that it really matters because nobody cares no one's getting even look at it. But since you submitted the paperwork without on there and that's how was approved I would probably do it that way.

In an attempt to not bother the ATF I have a question about SBR engraving.

Sent 2 form 1's in from Ohio.
Moved to Indiana (permanent move) before the forms were approved.
Prior to the move I sent in the 5320.20s for all my NFA items including the two form 1's that were not approved yet.
After the move I got the approved 5320.20s back for 4 of my NFA itmes but not to the two pending Form 1s.
A few weeks letter my Form 1's were approved and they also sent the approved 5320.20s with the new stamps.

My question is this, do I engrave my old address or new address? Let's not debate whether or not I should have engraved my lower prior to approval...

rushca01
10-24-12, 14:41
Thanks Gunz.

Army Chief
10-24-12, 19:29
Use the old address. Anything else invites a discussion along the lines of why you chose not to comply with the engraving requirement at the time your forms were orginally submitted.

AC

Stangman
10-24-12, 19:39
What AC says makes complete sense.

Just for reference though (so someone doesn't think I'm just throwing unwarranted info out there), my recommendation came straight from Pickles. I was in the same position due to a possible job switch & wanted to make sure I was in the clear and that was the answer I got.

rjacobs
10-24-12, 22:40
I moved while I had an SBR Form 1 pending. I engraved my old city since thats whats on the original Form 1. I then sent a 5320 in for the new address just so the ATF records would be correct.

So I would engrave the old city/state.