PDA

View Full Version : OMG...Must Have This Bookcase...

SteyrAUG
10-24-12, 13:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1pYqquG27pg

The magnetic locks are obviously the weak link, but I think it could somehow be upgraded. This is what I imagined my house would be like when I was 12. Well that and full of lingerie models walking around.

Safetyhit
10-24-12, 14:20
And what would you do with it? Aren't you the guy that owns a few airsoft replicas and a .22 short?

:D

FlyAndFight
10-24-12, 14:33
That is definitely cool.

I have to be honest, though. I was expecting him to tilt a book forward and watch the cabinet split down the middle, leading into secret room...

;)

shua713
10-24-12, 14:41
That's bad ass, I may have to make something similar. Thanks for sharing

Spurholder
10-24-12, 14:50
Very cool, and thanks for sharing.

Hidden rooms, anyone?

http://hiddenpassageway.com/#!/gallery/

Iraqgunz
10-24-12, 14:53
He gives himself too much credit there's a lot of criminals out there that are smart and if they can figure out how to move a safe I'm sure they can figure out the bookcase. Not mention its all over the net now.

SteyrAUG
10-24-12, 15:10
And what would you do with it? Aren't you the guy that owns a few airsoft replicas and a .22 short?

:D

I'd run around my house with an airsoft SG551 shooting lingerie models in the ass while I hum the James Bond theme.

Sensei
10-24-12, 15:31
It looks like he is asking $3-4K per unit depending on options. His contact info and ad can be found in the classifieds section of Sigtalk forums.

maximus83
10-24-12, 15:48
He gives himself too much credit there's a lot of criminals out there that are smart and if they can figure out how to move a safe I'm sure they can figure out the bookcase. Not mention its all over the net now.

Yep. Cool but not exactly something that would outsmart a serious criminal. There are plenty of hints when you look closely at the design that suggest it's concealing something. I wasn't that impressed, and I'm even a guy who likes nice bookshelves (and books). :-)

Safetyhit
10-24-12, 19:13
I'd run around my house with an airsoft SG551 shooting lingerie models in the ass while I hum the James Bond theme.

I'd believe it. And it's much easier and more practical to envision you doing so as the guy in your avatar from Office Space.

Army Chief
10-24-12, 19:25
I have always had a special appreciation for this kind of innovation, and especially like the way in the secured items are retained in parts of the home that you would otherwise actually like to spend time in. Well done.

AC

Moose-Knuckle
10-24-12, 19:48
Pretty slick, reminds me of a buddy's door to his panic room.

Abraxas
10-24-12, 19:53

It is still the coolest bookcase I have ever seen. That includes the one I saw at a guys house that went to a hidden room.

RogerinTPA
10-24-12, 20:30
That's a great book shelve. It's another layer to your over all home security set up. I consider it a relevant addition to the home, as well as a conventional safe.