PDA

View Full Version : Carry Pistol Sight Question - M&P FS

ASH556
10-25-12, 10:50
I'm currently running just the factory 3-dot sights on my M&P9FS carry gun. I'd like to get a tritium front sight on the gun and Grant has the Trijicon for $64. Will that match the height of the factory rear?

Has anyone tried blacking out the rear sight? If so, what worked? I tried to pick out the paint with a knife tip, but it didn't budge.

Thanks!

Magsz
10-25-12, 12:13
You will need a .160 height front to match the factory rear.

USA
10-25-12, 12:37
Thread hijack:

I have Ameriglo Pro I-Dot sights on my M&P9. While I do like them and am learning the different holds at different ranges, I'm not fond that they are zero'd for 6 o'clock hold at 25yds, because it requires me to hold my sights lower and lower as the range increases to 25 yds, and I don't think my adversaries will be so kind as to place a bulls eye on them so I can get a good hold.

Magsz,

Can you (or someone else) recommend a sight combination, either specific brand or just measurements to provide a point of aim/point of impact zero (where the inpact is right above front sight blade as opposed to covered by the front dot) at 25 yd and/or 50 yd zero for an M&P9FS w/4.25" barrel (in other words, not the long slide)?

Thanks in advance!

Jim