PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a G19 Minimalistic IWB w/ Clips

papasan
10-25-12, 11:02
howdy.

I've currently got a Blade-Tech Nano for my G19 that is pretty awesome. the one thing that would make it better is clips instead of loops for attachment. looking for something I can use w/o a belt if needed (gym clothes, whatever). so far my searches haven't turned up anything but hoping someone out there has what I'm looking for.

here's the Nano...
http://www.blade-tech.com/NANO-IWB-pr-1141.html

thanks.

Psalms144.1
10-25-12, 11:07
I use the FIST #1K IWB (ultrathin kydex) for all my IWB needs. The single belt clip is VERY strong - I have on many occasions slipped a small pistol IWB in casual shorts with no belt - and the holster stays put without issues.

Not sure there's any holster that's going to make a fully loaded G19 into a "gym shorts" capable pistol, unless you tie those draw strings REALLY tight :D

Regards,

Kevin

JonInWA
10-26-12, 09:17
I believe that Blade-Tech stiill offers J-Hooks as an option as opposed to the loops-might want to give them a call and try that, especially since you like their holster otherwise.

Best, Jon

ra2bach
10-26-12, 13:08
howdy.

I've currently got a Blade-Tech Nano for my G19 that is pretty awesome. the one thing that would make it better is clips instead of loops for attachment. looking for something I can use w/o a belt if needed (gym clothes, whatever). so far my searches haven't turned up anything but hoping someone out there has what I'm looking for.

here's the Nano...
http://www.blade-tech.com/NANO-IWB-pr-1141.html

thanks.

have you tried this setup AIWB? I'm looking for something for my Shield in this location...

papasan
10-26-12, 13:37
I use the FIST #1K IWB (ultrathin kydex) for all my IWB needs. The single belt clip is VERY strong - I have on many occasions slipped a small pistol IWB in casual shorts with no belt - and the holster stays put without issues.

Not sure there's any holster that's going to make a fully loaded G19 into a "gym shorts" capable pistol, unless you tie those draw strings REALLY tight :D

Regards,

Kevin
the kydex clip doesn't look very tight from the picture. I had a metal clip in mind. how well does it attach to thinner material like a sheet of nylon?

I believe that Blade-Tech stiill offers J-Hooks as an option as opposed to the loops-might want to give them a call and try that, especially since you like their holster otherwise.

Best, Jon
their J-hook looks like it still requires a belt to work, getting closer though.
http://www.blade-tech.com/J-hooks-w-hardware-pr-1037.html

have you tried this setup AIWB? I'm looking for something for my Shield in this location...
I did try AIWB for a bit, but it was annoying so I went back to 3:30. the cant is adjustable (none or FBI) so it would work just that AIWB isn't for me (not with a G19 at least).

JHC
10-26-12, 17:26

Regards,

Kevin

That one right there. I've been using them for many years. Only $45.

espnazi
10-26-12, 17:41
The new Bravo Concealment D.O.S. has a really small footprint and you can get it with J hooks.

Vash1023
10-26-12, 18:15
comp-tac has a really nice one with modular attachment options, loops, clips......

Psalms144.1
10-27-12, 10:21
the kydex clip doesn't look very tight from the picture. I had a metal clip in mind. how well does it attach to thinner material like a sheet of nylon?
The #1K has a single metal clip. It's hell for strong - would work fine on nylon shorts...

Regards,

Kevin

Mickey
10-27-12, 13:08
for a Glock 19 and gym clothes I think you may want to check out "alternate" means of carry, unless you always want to be "depantsing" yourself. The smart carry works OK in baggy shorts, you could also consider a belly band.

ridgerunner70
10-27-12, 13:41
Kyle Defoor posted this on his blog awhile back saying its one of the best minimalist holsters he has used.13971

zeppelin03
10-27-12, 22:31
I have used a high noon Mr. Softy with good results.