NoveskeFan
10-25-12, 15:19
Entered yesterday. Fingers crossed!

fastfive0
10-25-12, 15:39
Thanks for the heads-up!

Moltke
10-25-12, 16:00
I cannot find the privacy policy to read through.

Atchcraft
10-25-12, 16:04
Thanks for the heads up. I'll put them to good use! :D

SPQR476
10-25-12, 16:16
I cannot find the privacy policy to read through.

Privacy policy is on the main Magpul page, link on the bottom. Pretty strict...your information is going nowhere but inside these walls except for the purposes of choosing a winner for the giveaway and as delineated in the official rules, and we don't even ask you to submit yourself to endless marketing e-mails or stuff like that. The survey question answers will not be shared with anyone--purely internal, as per the policy.

bobsolla
10-25-12, 16:26
All,
Just in case you haven't seen this....

Cases of PMAGs Giveaway:

http://www.magpul.com/pmaggiveawayrules.html

too bad those of us many magpul owners in florida are not eligible!

Bad Medicine
10-25-12, 16:29
Just entered thanks for the heads up!

Moltke
10-25-12, 16:30
Entry sent.

Pork Chop
10-25-12, 16:53
All over it.

THANKS!!!

Kain
10-25-12, 16:54
Very cool. Entered and forwarded it to those I know would will be interested. Always need more magazines.

DeltaSierra
10-25-12, 17:08
Keeping my fingers crossed.....

SPQR476
10-25-12, 17:11
too bad those of us many magpul owners in florida are not eligible!

Yes...there are some states that have funky sweepstakes laws. When those states are also ban states, it doesn't raise much attention, but FL is an exception. It's nothing against FL, and FL laws are certainly firearms friendly-- it's just hard to give stuff away there.

Inkslinger
10-25-12, 17:12
Awesome! Good luck everyone. I hope I win though...I never win anything.

Voodoo_Man
10-25-12, 17:19
Filled it out, awesome, thanks for the giveaway!

TOM1911
10-25-12, 17:20
I think it SUCKS! that Fl residents are excluded due to a nebulous interpretation of the statutes, by a legal team that isn't in-house, on laws in a state that they aren't even licensed to practice in... So much for "due diligence".. I have no ill will toward Magpul... Hell, I have enough of their products on my rifles and shotguns to classify as a fanboy... But to exclude a whole state due to a law their legal advisors can't figure out, then just bailing on the inclusion of the state... It's going to cause a few potential customers to reconsider purchasing from Magpul.

SPQR476
10-25-12, 17:44
I think it SUCKS! that Fl residents are excluded due to a nebulous interpretation of the statutes, by a legal team that isn't in-house, on laws in a state that they aren't even licensed to practice in... So much for "due diligence".. I have no ill will toward Magpul... Hell, I have enough of their products on my rifles and shotguns to classify as a fanboy... But to exclude a whole state due to a law their legal advisors can't figure out, then just bailing on the inclusion of the state... It's going to cause a few potential customers to reconsider purchasing from Magpul.

We're working on a way to incorporate some love for the excluded states. We were disheartened to find out all the restrictions and craziness as well. We intended to just pull some names and give away some PMAGs. It's our fault for not looking into the legal ramifications a year ago, since that's about how long I think it would take to fully navigate all these rules, but we're looking for ways to make it right.

polymorpheous
10-25-12, 17:52
In!
Thanks guys!

TOM1911
10-25-12, 18:00
We're working on a way to incorporate some love for the excluded states. We were disheartened to find out all the restrictions and craziness as well. We intended to just pull some names and give away some PMAGs. It's our fault for not looking into the legal ramifications a year ago, since that's about how long I think it would take to fully navigate all these rules, but we're looking for ways to make it right.

Hard to believe that's the best that can be done in a years preparation.. Hell, you already have 95% of the work done already to comply with F.S. Chapt. 849.094. I feel the state was given short shrift in the participation with this drawing.

jesuvuah
10-25-12, 18:06
Thanks for the heads up

HackerF15E
10-25-12, 18:10
Damn, they're trying to give stuff away for free, and people giving 'em guff about not doing it right.

YGBSM.

Thanks, Magpul, we appreciate the effort and the products.

Hitech50
10-25-12, 18:17
Excellent, entered tonight!

Sent from the Mac Crew

Jack-O
10-25-12, 18:22
Prize Conditions: Each potential Prize winner will be required to pass a background check by Sponsor or its designees

Seriously?

Yeah, I dont need mags that bad yet. I'm not horribly interested in getting police permission to be a eligible consumer.

thank you for doing this tho. it's cool you made the effort.

TOM1911
10-25-12, 18:43
Damn, they're trying to give stuff away for free, and people giving 'em guff about not doing it right.

YGBSM.

Thanks, Magpul, we appreciate the effort and the products.

The "Guff" as you call it, is an exclusionary stance the company has taken in leiu of doing their homework (which they've had a year to do) and not allowing a segment of the market which has no other restrictions, to participate in the drawing. I have tons of Magpul gear and don't mind not being allowed to play their game, hell.. I just recieved some Magpul SGA accessories yesterday so, I don't have any qualms about buying more of anything they offer. Some people though, will take great offense and strike Magpul from their preferred vendor lists over this.

TOM1911
10-25-12, 18:45
Double post.

Psybain
10-25-12, 19:13
Thanks, just entered and shared the contest with my friends!

SPQR476
10-25-12, 20:26
To be clear, I stated it would TAKE a year, not that we HAD a year. The giveaway was something the leadership came up with very late in the game as a "thanks for the support" kind of thing since the M3 launch took longer than we thought. It wasn't originally on the launch plan, and it almost got scrapped due to timeline. We just wanted to give away PMAGs. Really, we probably spend too much time working on products and not enough on other stuff, so maybe we'll never be good at giving stuff away. I'd rather be good at making products.

This has been a good learning experience, and yes, the next time we do it, we'll probably lead turn it way more, apply for permits well in advance, post bond everywhere it's required, and we'll spend more time with lawyers.

Since we had such short lead time to make this happen, maybe we shouldn't have done it at all. But, we're currently looking for some ways to make it right on the back side for our friends in FL, NY, CA, MD, etc., where there are restrictions either on the sweepstakes or the prize. I appreciate the patience and understanding of the vast majority of our customers in affected/excluded areas, and I would hope that all the anger and disappointment from those who have expressed it could be put in check for a while until we can sort it out.

SeriousStudent
10-25-12, 20:30
Duane, thanks very much for the information and the contest. It is appreciated.

TOM1911
10-25-12, 20:35
I appreciate what corporate is trying to do for the states and municipalities that by law or practice do not allow for the drawing to be awarded.. Just a bit perturbed with the legislature that introduced these stipulations on these kind of functions. Damn sure I'll be raising hell with the 'tards on the hill about this, and won't allow any peace till it's corrected.

StrikerFired
10-25-12, 20:47
Cmon MONEY!!!!!

Packman73
10-25-12, 20:58
Entered, thanks!:cool:

tuck
10-25-12, 21:06
I entered yesterday. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Cutshaw
10-25-12, 21:08
Entered! Thanks for the opportunity.

Toyoland66
10-25-12, 22:52
Just entered, thanks for the chance.

Bruce in WV
10-26-12, 08:23
Thank you for your generous drawing.

SOWT
10-26-12, 10:36
Thanks, just entered and will "force" my wife to enter later today.

Sadly, my son lives in MD and isn't eligible (man I wish he'd move to WV).

Zhurdan
10-26-12, 10:56
Thanks, just entered and will "force" my wife to enter later today.

Sadly, my son lives in MD and isn't eligible (man I wish he'd move to WV).

Might want to check the rules. One entry per household, I believe. More than that disqualifies you.

SSGGlock
10-29-12, 20:11
Is this closed already? The link to the survey says it has.

SPQR476
10-29-12, 20:40
Back on. I'm blaming it on the hurricane. :-)

JSGlock34
10-29-12, 20:57
Still showing closed...will check back later.

Thanks for sponsoring this!

shua713
10-29-12, 20:58
I guess the hurricane has taken it down again, as I am getting this message.

This survey is currently closed. Please contact the author of this survey for further assistance.

SPQR476
10-29-12, 21:18
Hmm. Our IT guy just said it was down for some reason, but is now back up. I'll investigate further.

will_be
10-29-12, 22:20
Thanks. No problems entering!

ARonBoard
10-29-12, 22:36
Thanks.

JSGlock34
10-29-12, 22:56
Website is back up! No problems entering - thanks again.

ap1220
10-30-12, 13:13
Website still working, I gave it my shot. :p

dutch308
11-04-12, 18:29
Anyone know who won? Congrats to who ever did! And thanks again to Magpul for the great products and the chance! Semper Fi

SSGGlock
11-06-12, 17:53
Has the draw taken place yet?

SPQR476
11-06-12, 17:58
Drawing is complete, and at last word, all winners had been notified and were completing the affidavits of eligibility. As long as no one is disqualified, we should announce winners any day now.

Iraqgunz
11-07-12, 03:37
That's funny I haven't been told that I won yet. :D

Inkslinger
11-07-12, 12:35
That's funny I haven't been told that I won yet. :D

Me neither. I keep checking my email...strange.

Brimstone
11-07-12, 12:41
Drawing is complete, and at last word, all winners had been notified and were completing the affidavits of eligibility. As long as no one is disqualified, we should announce winners any day now.

Damn, I was counting on winning that. :sad: