PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help from your Friends

PA PATRIOT
10-25-12, 21:54
There has been a lot of Hoop-La in recent days about Hurricane Sandy coming up the east coast and making a direct hit on New Jersey and Pennsylvania as a Cat 1 or 2 storm. Now the recent updates tell of Sandy combining with a Hugh front out of the south which is charge full of energy which will strengthen the Hurricane even further and parking it over S/E PA for some time.

Sounds like a pretty bad storm, high winds and heavy rains over a extended period of time. The wife asks if we are good and I look back at her and say "Of Course".

About 30 minutes later the phones start ringing and its are Mormon friends wanting to known if we needed any help securing are property before the storm hits and if we were good on food and fuel.

Now this was a very nice and sincere gesture from are friends and even tho we are not members of the Mormon church we are accepted by the church community as friends and from the amount of calls received from church members we must have been placed on the call "List".

Its nice to know we have friends ready to help out should something happen to are home during this storm and while I may not agree with all the Mormon churches religious views they are a great bunch of people with similar prepping values as my family.

alienb1212
10-25-12, 22:02
There has been a lot of Hoop-La in recent days about Hurricane Sandy coming up the east coast and making a direct hit on New Jersey and Pennsylvania as a Cat 1 or 2 storm. Now the recent updates tell of Sandy combining with a Hugh front out of the south which is charge full of energy which will strengthen the Hurricane even further and parking it over S/E PA for some time.

Sounds like a pretty bad storm, high winds and heavy rains over a extended period of time. The wife asks if we are good and I look back at her and say "Of Course".

About 30 minutes later the phones start ringing and its are Mormon friends wanting to known if we needed any help securing are property before the storm hits and if we were good on food and fuel.

Now this was a very nice and sincere gesture from are friends and even tho we are not members of the Mormon church we are accepted by the church community as friends and from the amount of calls received from church members we must have been placed on the call "List".

Its nice to know we have friends ready to help out should something happen to are home during this storm and while I may not agree with all the Mormon churches religious views they are a great bunch of people with similar prepping values as my family.

I wish I had that problem. I tend not to branch out very much due to opsec concerns. Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

PA PATRIOT
10-25-12, 22:38
I wish I had that problem. I tend not to branch out very much due to opsec concerns. Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

Are everyday and Mormon friends know nothing other then we are involved in some common church group activities (Prepping Food related Stuff) and my wife goes out socially with some of the church members on girls night out.

Other then that we keep all other information personal and private for opsec concerns.

shootist1970
11-02-12, 18:35
Naw, don't let Phila PD fool you, We Mormons are un neighborly folk bent on world domination!!!!!!!!!!!:dirol:................................ ..........Oh wait, i got us confused with the Democratic Party!!!:fie:

SteveS
11-10-12, 16:55
Naw, don't let Phila PD fool you, We Mormons are un neighborly folk bent on world domination!!!!!!!!!!!:dirol:................................ ..........Oh wait, i got us confused with the Democratic Party!!!:fie: wouldn't mind the Mormans dominating the earth . I would be a better earth!

11-10-12, 18:30
Just moved to Mormon central; Utah. We are not Mormon and have had zero issues. Quite the opposite. They have been wonderful. Family centered, communitiy concious, respectful, caring, friendly, and helpful. Damn glad to be here, especially after Tuesday.

We have gotten about 14in. of snow since noon yesterday.
Everyone out clearing snow this morning. Had multiple offers to help me. It's great to live in an area where I know all my neighbors are prepared. Wife is OB/GYN and she is the only non-Mormon in the practice. 95% of her patients are Mormon. This has meant we have had an "in" into a generally tight knit community.

Have already been given the okay to have access to LDS wet and dry canning facilities.:cool:

Mormons we have met have good senses of humor. Been told to expect a line of guys on bicycles waiting to convert us. Said in jest. We're Jewish so they feel the kinship of persecution, so to speak.

BTW, TONS of hot Mormon women around.

PA PATRIOT
11-10-12, 19:06
Just moved to Mormon central; Utah. We are not Mormon and have had zero issues. Quite the opposite. They have been wonderful. Family centered, community conscious, respectful, caring, friendly, and helpful. Damn glad to be here, especially after Tuesday.

We have gotten about 14in. of snow since noon yesterday.
Everyone out clearing snow this morning. Had multiple offers to help me. It's great to live in an area where I know all my neighbors are prepared. Wife is OB/GYN and she is the only non-Mormon in the practice. 95% of her patients are Mormon. This has meant we have had an "in" into a generally tight knit community.

Have already been given the okay to have access to LDS wet and dry canning facilities.:cool:

Mormons we have met have good senses of humor. Been told to expect a line of guys on bicycles waiting to convert us. Said in jest. We're Jewish so they feel the kinship of persecution, so to speak.

BTW, TONS of hot Mormon women around.

This is exactly how are Mormon friends treat us.