PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers 2-Day Advanced Handgun Class – Feb 23-24, 2013 – Carthage, NC

VA_Dinger
10-25-12, 22:34
Larry Vickers 2-Day Advanced Handgun Class – Feb 23-24, 2013 – Carthage, NC

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

Vickers Tactical
www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers1.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers started his T.V. career on the wildy successful Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms shows and now stars on The Sportman Channel's TAC-TV.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/AliasBigLogo.jpg

Alias Training & Security Services
www.aliastraining.com

Vickers Tactical 2-Day Advanced Handgun Class – May 5-6, 2012 – Carthage, NC.

The Vickers Tactical Advanced Handgun Class focuses on all aspects of advanced level handgun shooting. Whether it be the Mil shooter deployed overseas, the LEO on duty, civilian concealed carry situations, or home defense. Topics covered will be review of safety, stance, sight alignment, reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and trigger control. More advanced topics will include shooting on the move, barricade, cover and concealment, weak side shooting, low light/night fire, etc. Any Shooter will leave the course with a firm grasp of advanced level handgun shooting whether it be your primary or secondary weapon during any situation.

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: Feb 23-24, 2013

Cost: $525

Range:

Trigger Time
185 Atkins Lane
Carthage, NC 28327

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Handgun:
- Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Minimum of 5 serviceable pistol magazines
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
- Handgun mounted white light (Optional)
- Visible lasers (Optional)

MISC:
- Hand held white light
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
1000 rounds of handgun ammunition

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Alias Training sign-up page:
http://aliastraining.com/vickerstactical2-dayadvancedhandgunclassfeb23-242013dunnnc.aspx

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
Paul@aliastraining.com

Amp Mangum
12-05-12, 19:02
Looking forward to this one, Larry packs a ton of info/drills into 2 days.

VA_Dinger
01-30-13, 23:41
Looking forward to this one, Larry packs a ton of info/drills into 2 days.

I could not agree more, this is going to be one hell of a class.

Moltke
02-05-13, 09:24
So who else is going to this class?

Amp Mangum
02-05-13, 09:44
I'll be there.

Watrdawg
02-05-13, 11:20
Not going this year since I'm taking LAV's Home Defense class at the end of the month/1st of March. However, it will definitely be on my permanent calender in the future. Best handgun class I've taken period!

Littlelebowski
02-05-13, 11:27
Highly recommended.

Moltke
05-16-13, 11:53
Has anyone written an AAR for this class?

m4fun
05-20-13, 20:57
Wow - you are right - and Paul never bugged anyone to do it...even remotely.

It was a great class - one of the best classes you can take IMHO...

I do recall somebody talking about writing an AAR - Months removed now - I could not do it justice.