PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870 magazine jamming with new extension...HELP!

cordovamx
10-26-12, 08:16
Remington 870 with a Wilson Combat +2 extension.

I've done everything that I can think of. There are no dimples or anything to jam - tube is oiled and nice and smooth.

I've replaced the factory follower and a Wilson Combat follower with an S&J Hardware follower. I've also got a Wolff extra power spring in there.

The tube is tightened completely. When I load the magazine to capacity I keep getting jams where the extension and the magazine tube meet - there's a slight gap in between the two where the tubes meet and the shells get caught right at that junction. Not sure why the heck I have this gap there? Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

nineteenkilo
10-26-12, 09:16
Honestly, I've never heard of this specific issue. It is remotely possible that you got a bad extension, though I don't think that's really likely.

You mentioned that there were no dimples - were there any originally and you removed them or was it dimple-free to begin with? Also, specifically which model of 870 is it?

agr1279
10-26-12, 09:54
Remington 870 with a Wilson Combat +2 extension.

I've done everything that I can think of. There are no dimples or anything to jam - tube is oiled and nice and smooth.

I've replaced the factory follower and a Wilson Combat follower with an S&J Hardware follower. I've also got a Wolff extra power spring in there.

The tube is tightened completely. When I load the magazine to capacity I keep getting jams where the extension and the magazine tube meet - there's a slight gap in between the two where the tubes meet and the shells get caught right at that junction. Not sure why the heck I have this gap there? Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

You might want to check the way the extension went on. If done correctly the spring can jam. I can not speak for the Wilson but on the Remington you put the magazine cap on first, place the spring and then the extension while being careful not to get the spring pinched in between the pieces.

Dan

cordovamx
10-26-12, 09:55
Honestly, I've never heard of this specific issue. It is remotely possible that you got a bad extension, though I don't think that's really likely.

You mentioned that there were no dimples - were there any originally and you removed them or was it dimple-free to begin with? Also, specifically which model of 870 is it?

Thanks for the reply! It's an 870 Express Magnum, built in 2003. The area where the dimples were removed is smooth and clean and has been polished.