PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired of Election Year Harassment

Jellybean
10-26-12, 19:17
What the title says.
I am sick and tired of it.
Especially in the last month or so- it has been non-stop. Emails, phone calls, and endless waves of brochures in the mail.
See this picture;

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/JellybeanA5/PoliticallCrap.jpg

I received six of those in one day- SIX- and four the next. And after this initial barrage, it's been a steady 2-3 brochures in the mail EVERY DAY.
Plus the emails and INCESSANT phone calls. I would have at least had the satisfaction of giving the callers an earful or two, but I'm pretty sure they're atuomated.
And of course woe be unto you if you dare to listen to the radio or watch the tv- literally every commercial break you get MORE stupid political commercials (which was actually kind of funny during the debates- it was like watching a 90 minute commercial break).
And just when I was starting to think all this politcal crap had sunk as far as it could go- apparently not. Now they have to nag the living hell out of you for your vote so they can turn around and F*** you in the ass with it.
Or maybe the plan is just to get people so annoyed with the constant pestering that they no longer care who gets elected, just as long as it's over with.
:mad:

Anyone else getting bombarded with this much stuff?

ffhounddog
10-26-12, 19:22
Phone calls 15 times a day at that is jsut when I am at home. I wonder how many I get when I am not here.

Moose-Knuckle
10-26-12, 19:26
Well at least you have new lining for your bird/hampster cages.

And I never answer my phone unless I know who is calling.

SteyrAUG
10-26-12, 19:26
One good thing about AT&T U-verse is there is a screen call option where only numbers on your list can actually ring through when activated.

Not a viable option for everyone, but man does it let me go about my day mostly uninterrupted and zero robocalls and solicitations. The "Do Not Call" list does almost nothing.

As for emails, my spam filter works pretty good and I can just delete those that get through. Junk mails goes right into the garbage.

Safetyhit
10-26-12, 19:33
For once it makes me thankful they take us for granted as liberal idiots here in NJ.

Palmguy
10-26-12, 19:54
Swing state here but relatively little BS..probably because the party of the state I'm in is solid red, I suppose.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

theblackknight
10-26-12, 20:04
Wait. . . . . .you mean you guys don't troll them?

Lead them on for 15 mins playing the undecided voter only to finally claim that you always vote for Mickey Mouse anyways because he's just soo dang cah-yute.

I'm pretty sure they take your number off the list:D

SteyrAUG
10-26-12, 22:47
Wait. . . . . .you mean you guys don't troll them?

Lead them on for 15 mins playing the undecided voter only to finally claim that you always vote for Mickey Mouse anyways because he's just soo dang cah-yute.

I'm pretty sure they take your number off the list:D

When I have my call screen off I always tell them I intend to vote for whoever calls me the least often at home. It's amazing, some actually just hang up without another word.

yellowfin
10-27-12, 00:52
They don't want to hear my thoughts on the matter, so I don't think they try. I'd tell them my views on various Supreme Court cases that need to be overturned that they've never heard of, complex economics concepts that are about 2-3 college years beyond their understanding, historical references to the Federalist Papers, Thomas Paine, etc. they've either forgotten or never read, quote Eugene Volokh, Dave Kopel, Randy Barnett, and F.A. Hayek, and other various things influencing my political thought that would go right past them or otherwise they'd be thinking what I think and/or having a WAY higher paying job.

Of course I get a lot of "Huh?" discussing a lot of that even among people I know in person, too, which is irritating as hell.

AKDoug
10-27-12, 03:24
I live in a state that no-one seems to care about, so they don't waste their money calling us. Kind of nice actually.

Honu
10-27-12, 04:32
just draw little hitler mustaches and dump them all back in the post office drop box with return to sender on them :)

Ironman8
10-27-12, 06:48
Move to Texas and all your worries will go away :p

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-27-12, 09:24
just draw little hitler mustaches and dump them all back in the post office drop box with return to sender on them :)

Unfortunately, because the political ads aren't 1st class mail, the post office has to recycle them when undeliverable.

There are voter lists that both campaigns have access to, these lists simply show who has and who has not voted. Once I voted early....SHAZAAM, I stopped getting bullshit calls and mail.

duece71
10-27-12, 12:44
I answer the phone and just put it in front of the TV or radio. That usually solves the problem for a little while. Yeah, I too, am getting sick of it.

VIP3R 237
10-29-12, 23:46
Luckily im in utah where romney will probably win 80% of the popular vote but i still get harrassed by campaigns asking for donations and such.

What is funny is today we was doing some jobs in vegas and between jobs we stopped at one of the local gun stores and at the gun counter some Harry Reed sponsored Obama campaigners were there trying to sway our votes.

That being said i cant wait for this election to be over with. I cant remember being so overwhelmed with political ads and campaigns ever before.

Gramps
10-30-12, 00:53
Well folks, "SANDY", may put a hold on this for you. Someone mentioned in a earlier post, (another thread some time ago) that someone could use a "natural disaster" to put election on hold, if they didn't think they were going to win, and put some kind of state of emergency/marshal law into effect. Thus keeping them in power for their own agenda. Who knows. Odd, how the U.S. has learned to control parts of the weather and such, but just for time of war of course. OK, tin foil hat is back on the shelf for now, sorry.

LINK: Election could be put on hold: due to Sandy (http://news.msn.com/politics/could-hurricane-sandy-delay-the-election?gt1=51501)

VooDoo6Actual
10-30-12, 00:57
Glad you said it Gramps.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-30-12, 01:43
Trying to see how late voting would actually affect things. It would have to be a swing state and that would mean either NH or PA? VA and NC won't be affected as much I would think. Who cares if an Obama state like NY has a late election. Maybe a last gasp at a house seat or senate seat for control, but that's not likely.

All I know is I'm saving money. I have no idea what I should buy because all there is are political ads on the TV. If I hear one more time how Romney made money from closing a paper mill that was making money... Sure, closing business that make money is how you make millions. Only economic idiots think that way, and guess who they are voting for. Bill Clinton's ad is more about how awesome he was than Obama.

Ann Romney has called my house three time. My wife is gettins suspisious. I think I could get someone to rake my leaves if I promised to vote for their guy.

Moose-Knuckle
10-30-12, 02:29
Well folks, "SANDY", may put a hold on this for you. Someone mentioned in a earlier post, (another thread some time ago) that someone could use a "natural disaster" to put election on hold, if they didn't think they were going to win, and put some kind of state of emergency/marshal law into effect. Thus keeping them in power for their own agenda. Who knows. Odd, how the U.S. has learned to control parts of the weather and such, but just for time of war of course. OK, tin foil hat is back on the shelf for now, sorry.

LINK: Election could be put on hold: due to Sandy (http://news.msn.com/politics/could-hurricane-sandy-delay-the-election?gt1=51501)

Oh no you didn't!

Maybe Barry was playing his HAARP . . . :secret:

Jellybean
10-30-12, 09:28

You know, it's funny this got mentioned- this was the first thing that went through my mind when I heard of this storm and when/where it was scheduled to hit. And then the sutff about the campaigning being put on hold.
Maybe it won't straight up cancel it, but I think it's highly probable it could affect it in other ways- storm's taking top priority right now, people's minds are off the elction, fraud, etc., and this will give time for people to cool down from all the hype and vote.... sensibly....:rolleyes:

chadbag
10-30-12, 09:32
I got a call for a survey here in Utah. I was somewhat surprised that they started asking about Presidential campaigns. I had had a few surveys about the local House race (since Utah recently got a 4th district and things got rearranged and the Democrat that has been in the SLC area is getting a run for his money).

I like to answer the questions in these surveys to make political points (like being a black woman atheist, and then saying I support Ron Paul [previously], or Romney).

But they asked how interested I was in the political campaigns, on a scale of 1-10. I asked what that meant. They could not explain it, of course. I asked, because I am extremely interested in the outcome, and I do check the Rasmussen online page to see how their polls are coming along, but I have no interest in the debates or anything about the actual act of campaigning. So I told the guy his question was ambiguous and needed refining. He said he was sorry and hung up.

Besides the 10 reams of thin cardboard I have gotten from both D and R campaigns for the House of Representatives, I have gotten very little bother, living here in Utah, which will go Romney without a doubt.

-

-

Redmanfms
10-30-12, 11:41

Yeah sure.:rolleyes:

Glad you said it Gramps.

No, rational people can identify tin foil nonsense whether one of M4C's loony-toon brigade posts it or not......

I've got a false dichotomy for you madhatters (I know how much you love erroneous two-choice ultimatums), if Romney wins, that means the system isn't rigged and you STFU about your conspiracy asshatery until at least the next election cycle. Deal?

Moose-Knuckle
10-30-12, 16:45
:cray:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/head-in-sand.jpg

RPT-Sandy complicates final stretch of tense US presidential race

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/30/usa-campaign-storm-idUSL3E8LU2UI20121030

A blast from the past . . . :neo:

DoD News Briefing; Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen Monday, April 28, 1997 - 8:45 a.m. EDT:

Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

USAF
Weather as a Force Multiplier:
Owning the Weather in 2025

http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

:secret:

Eurodriver
10-31-12, 06:18
I enjoy getting those, and I'm saving them.

When I lube my motorcycle chain they come in handy for putting them between the chain and the body, so as to not get the lube all over my paint.