PDA

View Full Version : New Rossi 461 problems

maddy345
10-26-12, 20:53
I bought a Rossi 461 new from my LGS and it will only fire one round and the trigger complete locks up.

Rossi took it back but sent me an email saying they will have it for six weeks. After six weeks it had better be right when i get it back!

warpedcamshaft
12-09-12, 16:13
I have actually shot one of these revolvers out of timing twice, and that same weapon also ended up having the hammer snap in half (The little pinned in and spring loaded piece). It also wasn't a very high round count weapon...

I don't trust Rossi revolvers for any serious use, and won't buy anything but a Colt, Smith, or Ruger from this point forward when it comes to revolvers.

Kain
12-09-12, 16:22
Rossi isn't known for quality, but I consider them to be better then taurus automatics, but I don't imagine that they won't fix it. Just hope you don't get the suicide special trigger a buddy of mine has on the same revolver. About a 20 pound pull on double action and about 1.5 pounds in single. I think if he didn't like small magnum snub noses he'd have sold it by now.

twistedcomrade
01-06-13, 10:27
I have actually shot one of these revolvers out of timing twice, and that same weapon also ended up having the hammer snap in half (The little pinned in and spring loaded piece). It also wasn't a very high round count weapon...

I don't trust Rossi revolvers for any serious use, and won't buy anything but a Colt, Smith, or Ruger from this point forward when it comes to revolvers.

That is excellent advice.

MountainRaven
01-06-13, 17:45
Hold on... isn't Rossi just another name for weapons produced by Taurus Forjas?

bigghoss
01-07-13, 12:06
Hold on... isn't Rossi just another name for weapons produced by Taurus Forjas?

Something like that. Rossi is either owned by Taurus or they're both under the same parent company or something to that effect.

Long story short, take warpedcamshaft's advice and stick to colt, smith, or ruger.

Spectre'sWrath
01-07-13, 21:15
On the Rossi guns that come through our store (351s and Circuit Judge are the most common), they are stamped "Made in Brazil by Taurus" and are imported by Braztech. So in a nutshell, a Taurus....