PDA

View Full Version : New M&P9 FS, RAM Install Issues

Cylinder Head
10-27-12, 20:54
I just picked up a brand new M&P9 today and immediately took it apart to install my RAM and DCAEK. Test fire date on the gun is 9/17/12 and the SKU is 209301.

Upon removal of the sear housing I noticed that there is no hole to install the RAM. An initial search revealed that this is an issue with the VTAC models (different sear housing design), but my pistol is not a VTAC gun. Could it be that they changed the design, or I accidentally received a gun with a VTAC housing?

I am going to hold off on the DCAEK install until I figure this out.

Whiskey_Bravo
10-28-12, 09:14
I have the same issue with my latest two M&P9s. If I am not mistaken they have moved over to this SHB(same as the one in the VTAC) for the entire line.

Our only option is to wait for Apex to release their curved RAM that will hopefully be out soon.

Whiskey_Bravo
10-28-12, 09:17
The rest of my DCAEK installed fine though.

wahoo95
10-28-12, 10:30
Can't you replace the SHB with the standard version?

Cylinder Head
10-28-12, 11:41
I have the same issue with my latest two M&P9s. If I am not mistaken they have moved over to this SHB(same as the one in the VTAC) for the entire line.

Our only option is to wait for Apex to release their curved RAM that will hopefully be out soon.

Thank you that must be it. I will wait for the new one. Surprised they didn't mention this when I was on the phone with APEX.

kmrtnsn
10-28-12, 12:40
Randy Lee has discussed this issue here in a couple of different threats. The new SHB's are a pain. I have been waiting a year for the new RAM kit from APEX.

Cylinder Head
10-28-12, 14:55
Randy Lee has discussed this issue here in a couple of different threats. The new SHB's are a pain. I have been waiting a year for the new RAM kit from APEX.

I was really looking forward to it. The rest of the DCAEK went in fine, I left in the original trigger spring as I wanted the pull slightly lighter and it is a huge improvement. I just wish there was a reset to speak of.

Whiskey_Bravo
10-28-12, 23:35
Can't you replace the SHB with the standard version?

I don't think so. Seemed to be a slight difference in how it fit but I could be wrong.

Fingers crossed we see the curved ram soon.

Mikey
10-29-12, 00:24
You're not wrong. I have both styles and they cannot be interchanged.

mikeith
10-30-12, 10:34

Same here! Having a fss with no feeling of a positive reset SUCKS