PDA

View Full Version : My New Upper...(MK18)

jdc.
10-27-12, 22:37
Its a factory MK18 upper, with a RIS II rail, M16 bolt carrierI. It has the typical 10.3 gov profile barrel 1:7 twist, as stated...factory. I own a Daniel Defense V4 complete rifle, live the quality and had to go with DD for my next purchase. I'm Registering my lower as a sbr to go with this upper as a SBR, till I get my tax stamp tho in the mean time I'm going to be running this as a AR pistol (just changing my buffer tube), just so I could get sights on this and get to know it, so when I can run it as a SBR it'll be ready to go.

Let me know what you think! And what should I run this with?

odiesplace
10-27-12, 23:05
Very nice, I've had my stamp for about a month. I'm running that upper with an eotech. The upper has ran great with and without a can on it. A very compact set up.

Breadman
10-28-12, 04:59
I've had mine for about 1.5 yrs. Great upper. I run mine suppressed almost 100%. It wears an Aimpoint M4s.
I have never had a malfunction with this upper that was not traced back to something else (I had problems caused by using a trigger that was not well suited to this application).
I cleaned it yesterday and realized that the gas rings need to be replaced. Round count on this upper seems low for that (maybe 1000rds), although sbr's and suppressors cause wear on these parts at a higher rate.