PDA

View Full Version : So check out what I noticed on the KAC site...

Magic_Salad0892
10-30-12, 13:04
http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/sr16cqb/?cate_cm=military&term=sr-16&features=sr16cqb

Does anybody notice the 10 3/4'' slick URX III?

Has KAC announced something that I'm unaware of?

Yes, I am aware that it's on the "military" part of their site, but they usually don't release stuff on the military market without releasing it on the civi market unless they absolutely can't.

This would also prove that they've at least considered it for production.

Shit, I've been wanting this since I saw the URX III.

mtdawg169
10-30-12, 16:21
Rumor is that we may see a 3.1 midlength after SHOT.

fixit69
10-30-12, 17:35
That does look cool.

jesuvuah
10-30-12, 17:40
cool indeed

mtdawg169
10-30-12, 19:02
I'm holding out on a rail decision for my SBR project until SHOT, just to see if these are released. My stamp won't be back for a while, so I have time to wait and see.

jonconsiglio
10-30-12, 19:28
I'm done with the integrated front sight models after breaking two of them, but if the mid length 3.1 is released, I could see a 12.5" with one of those.

Casull
10-30-12, 19:32
I'm not surprised but I am digging their flash flash-hider/compensator.

I think this is a good step for KAC if they take it, though.

Moose-Knuckle
10-30-12, 19:52
http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/sr16cqb/?cate_cm=military&term=sr-16&features=sr16cqb

That's just tits! :cool:

VIP3R 237
10-30-12, 20:01
They have moved the QD sockets from the receiver to the endplate, also the selector looks scalloped. Also according to the site its still a URX II, just slick sided.

jpmuscle
10-30-12, 23:19
I do like the looks of that, very nice.

Magic_Salad0892
10-31-12, 01:10
I've been waiting to replace my cut down URX II rails, for these to come out.

And I really dig their new suppressor system.

Where did the word/rumor come out that we'd see these at SHOT?

I also think it's weird that the SR-16 guns don't have the integrated QD swivels, but the SR-15 guns do.

Hopefully they keep those. I really dig 'em.

ra2bach
10-31-12, 12:00
I'm really liking that T-1 mount. I've been experimenting with a more rearward mounting and this looks intriguing...

mtdawg169
10-31-12, 12:16
I've been waiting to replace my cut down URX II rails, for these to come out.

And I really dig their new suppressor system.

Where did the word/rumor come out that we'd see these at SHOT?

I also think it's weird that the SR-16 guns don't have the integrated QD swivels, but the SR-15 guns do.

Hopefully they keep those. I really dig 'em.

Like all things KAC, it's not real until you see an official release. So, consider it a maybe until further notice.

KAC will be phasing out the integrated receiver QD sockets on commercial guns once they sell through the stock of lowers on hand. The number of lowers was substantial, so I imagine they will still be available for a while. I believe govt guns (SR16) have already eliminated them.

Magic_Salad0892
10-31-12, 15:39
I don't think the SHOT rumor is widely spread, but I heard it directly from a reliable source. That being said, like all things KAC, it's not real until you see an official release. So, consider it a maybe until further notice.

KAC will be phasing out the integrated receiver QD sockets on commercial guns once they sell through the stock of lowers on hand. The number of lowers was substantial, so I imagine they will still be available for a while. I believe govt guns (SR16) have already eliminated them.

I remember KevinB directly telling me in the SHOT '12 thread that they'd be phased out.

Have they stated a reason they'll be phased out?

J Krammes
10-31-12, 16:57
I read on another forum whre Kevin B said that we may see a 3.1 mid length soon. He said the Military did not like the flip up sight, so that may be dropped altogether. I for one would really like to see a mid length version.

mtdawg169
11-01-12, 06:17
I remember KevinB directly telling me in the SHOT '12 thread that they'd be phased out.

Have they stated a reason they'll be phased out?

.gov users didn't want them.

Magic_Salad0892
11-01-12, 08:12
.gov users didn't want them.

Seems about right. At least I have mine.

Are you sure that a URX midlength 3.1 wasn't a typo? Not just URX-III?

It'd be ****in' mad tits if they had the 3.1 rails in 10 3/4'' inches.