PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide, I'm considering getting rid of my S&W 629 and 686...

Yojimbo
09-03-06, 18:41
I currently have three revolvers in my collection.

All are S&W, a model 629, 686 and 60.

The 60 is a great CCW gun that get carried quite often so it's not going anywhere. Now the 629 and 686 are the two least used pistols I own.

They maybe get shot once or twice a year at most. Mainly because it's fun to shoot the classic magnums but since they both have 6" barrels so they aren't something I would use as my CCW.

Lately I've been wanting to add a couple of pistols that will be usable for CCW so I've been thinking of possibly selling them so I can purchase a Glock 19 and an M&P 9.

I do like these two pistols because they keep my collection really well rounded but I sometimes question how practical they are for the type of shooting I generally prefer to do.

My main concern is that, when I've sold guns in the past, I always seem to regret it...but hey it might be different this time...maybe...:(

What do you guys think?

Derek_Connor
09-03-06, 18:47
never sell.....unless you know for 110% certainty you are getting something you want more.

DrMark
09-03-06, 19:52
Sell a gun?

I don't understand. The concept is foreign to me.

Seriously, though, only you know if you might regret it later.

bigbore
09-03-06, 20:00
sell the 629, and if the 686 is only a 6 shot, sell it to. You'll always have a use for the 60, but the others will remain collectiong dust.