PDA

View Full Version : Geissele trigger pin fit in LMT lower

jimmyp
10-30-12, 17:40
I went to the gunshop today to install a Geissele NM DMR trigger in my LMT lower and the supplied pin seemed oversize for the hole. We did not mike them but the pins that came with the LMT lower slipped into the hole no issue while the Geisslele pin could not be forced by pushing with moderate force. Calling Geissele they said "use a small hammer and tap it in" I wound up not buying it because it seemed oversized for the hole. Anyone else experience this with the Geissele NM DMR or other triggers?

ALCOAR
10-30-12, 18:47
The more in spec your lower receiver is..i.e. Colt, KAC, LMT, the more force should be required in order to tap the pins in.

The trigger pins are oversized to begin with, and the reason your getting a GA fitting Pin, and an even more over sized pin in the small envelope is too account for the variances in all the different made lower receivers that usually have slightly different sized pin holes.

This is an uber precision trigger made to essentially drop in any AR rifle....compromises must be made in certain aspects of it's design in order to yield the ultimate result which is nothing short of an amazing feeling trigger that is flawless in it's operation.

You can always get a non adjust SD-E and be done with it.

Zane1844
10-30-12, 19:00
I just bought one of their triggers from BCM. It is the Semi-Auto Enhanced, Mil-Spec (small pin.)

I read a review on the BCM sight on either the "Enhanced," or the standard Giessele trigger (both are not adjustable nor match triggers.) that they fit fine in someones S&W lower, which is what I have-so I bought it.

I will report back if I have trouble putting it in as well.

another-bill
10-31-12, 00:41
I put a High Speed in my LMT, though a tad snug, no big deal. No different from the two SSA-E's (large pins) that went into my Colts or the SSA in the Bushy lower.

"A small drop of oil helps the medicine go down," Mary Poppins.

BufordTJustice
10-31-12, 01:02
They are supposed to have a slip-fit in the receiver holes. That is normal.

jimmyp
10-31-12, 04:42
the pins that came with the lower could be described as a "slip fit", there were two Geissele supplied pins one was in the hammer and had to be pushed out, I did not try this pin in the lower. The pin for the trigger would not slip and could not be pushed with reasonable force into the lower. I am pretty sure it would remove coating or worse were it to be installed.

jstone
10-31-12, 09:11
I recently put an s3g in a lower, and it require me to use a small brass hammer to tap them in. I lightly oiled them, and installed them. They were tight but nothing alarming or overly tight.

another-bill
10-31-12, 11:57
I recently put an s3g in a lower, and it require me to use a small brass hammer to tap them in. I lightly oiled them, and installed them. They were tight but nothing alarming or overly tight.

In the directions IIRC, they mention that they are a tighter than normal fit.

jimmyp
11-01-12, 06:39
the two trigger pins I miked yesterday from the two kits I examined were 0.157 and 0.159 with my calipers, a pin from a SSA-E kit miked at 0.155.

sagmill
11-07-12, 11:47
Hi Speed pins are .1560" dia. This is the nominal mil spec hole diameter in the receiver. If the receiver holes are on the underside of the tolerance a light tap with a hammer is all that is needed. I would check your mics, if the pins really measured .159 they would not fit in the trigger holes