PDA

View Full Version : Moving with Trust

ace4059
10-31-12, 22:40
If I am going to be moving down the street (same city/same state) what do I need to do with my class III items. I would think I have to notify the ATF of my move.

I have both items registered to me, and I have items on my trust.

So do I just send the ATF a letter that says I am moving and they need to update my personal info and my Trust info in their database? Do I have to fill out other forms and send them in? What do I do?

I have been getting conflicting answers from both my lawyer, and a few at the ATF.

Thanks for any info.

ace4059
10-31-12, 22:45
When searching I see you must fill out a form 5320.20, but I see that is if you are moving interstate.

What about for me since I am staying in the same state/same city? Do I still need to fill out the 5320.20?

Iraqgunz
10-31-12, 23:03
You are only required to notify the BATFE when you move out of state or are temporarily moving the weapon out of state.

az doug
11-02-12, 23:54
I copied this from the instructions on the current form 4.

"Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in Item 2a."

I will also add that in the past I have moved and not notified ATF. When I purchased another item and submitted the new form 4 with my new address no one came knocking at my door asking why I did not notify them of the change of address.

Iraqgunz
11-03-12, 05:19
BATFE website actually states what I posted above.

I copied this from the instructions on the current form 4.

"Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in Item 2a."

I will also add that in the past I have moved and not notified ATF. When I purchased another item and submitted the new form 4 with my new address no one came knocking at my door asking why I did not notify them of the change of address.