PDA

View Full Version : We ought to do this with homeless and welfare/Section 8 people

500grains
11-01-12, 09:20
Send them to another country.

Under a scheme organised by the local authorities in the town of Soderhamn and by Sweden's national employment office, anyone aged between 18 and 28 can volunteer to take a "Job Journey" to Oslo and attempt track down gainful employment.

Those who sign up get a ticket to the Norwegian capital and are put up in an Oslo youth hostel for a month, with Soderhamn council picking up the £20 a night bill. The package also includes on-the-spot guidance on how to get a job in Sweden's northern neighbour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/9645959/Sweden-pays-jobless-youth-to-move-to-Norway.html

Voodoo_Man
11-01-12, 09:39
Excellent idea.

Lets send all the section 8/welfare people to CA.

Oh wait.

Moltke
11-01-12, 09:41
Excellent idea.

Lets send all the section 8/welfare people to CA.

Oh wait.

HAHAHA

Nice.

ralph
11-01-12, 11:29
It would never work...First you have to have people who are WILLING to work, After a decade or two on section 8 housing/welfare THAT, ain't happening.....

Belmont31R
11-03-12, 05:08
Going from Sweden to Norway is like going from the light natural blonde section at the Playboy mansion to the slightly lighter natural blonde section at the Playboy mansion.

If you look at where this town is located its nowhere, and small. This is probably like 100 people they are talking about sending to Oslo to get work experience because their ain't jack going on there. This is quite common with that area of northern Europe, and the fact its a news story here is funny.

Littlelebowski
11-03-12, 11:10
Another productive and positive thread in GD by one of our most valued members.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Littlelebowski
11-03-12, 12:55
Send them to another country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/sweden/9645959/Sweden-pays-jobless-youth-to-move-to-Norway.html

Why not put them internment camps?

montanadave
11-03-12, 13:19
Another productive and positive thread in GD by one of our most valued members.

I'm embarassed to admit it, but it's like a train wreck or a car accident. I just can't resist sneeking a peek.

Then I just tell myself to keep driving.

kmrtnsn
11-03-12, 13:25
I'm embarassed to admit it, but it's like a train wreck or a car accident. I just can't resist sneeking a peek.

Then I just tell myself to keep driving.

Yep....................

Voodoochild
11-03-12, 15:08
This is going to end badly so I am going to go ahead and end it now.