PDA

View Full Version : New member and new AR

vssman
11-01-12, 11:44
Hello eveyone,

I'm a new member and thought I'd say hi. I recently picked up my first AR - Windam SRC. I've been mainly a handgun shooter but recently tried an AR. I think I have a new addiction. This is a great site with a LOT of info. The search feature has answered all of my questions; keep up the good work.

nineteenkilo
11-01-12, 13:46
Welcome! Yup, you are now addicted!:D

Zane1844
11-01-12, 15:53
You will enjoy your AR! Mine was my first gun.

DeltaSierra
11-01-12, 19:23
Awesome....

A Windham AR?

Why don't people research first, then buy....?

Doc. Holiday
11-02-12, 09:55
Welcome to our group therapy, and kudos for actually using the search tab before you ask questions. Not a lot of folks do that anymore.

vssman
11-02-12, 11:10
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I made sure to read as many stickys to learn as much as possible and then searched on a few models prior to making the purchase.
Delta' - I'm not sure how to read your post... Did I make a poor purchase? The windam had most of the bells and whistles listed in the sticky and it didn't have many negative posts. For the price point, I think I made a good choice.

DeltaSierra
11-02-12, 14:27
Delta' - I'm not sure how to read your post... Did I make a poor purchase? The windam had most of the bells and whistles listed in the sticky and it didn't have many negative posts. For the price point, I think I made a good choice.

Price point? How much did you spend? Unless you got a smokin' deal, you didn't get a very good rifle for the price...

Windham Weaponry is the same bunch of clowns that were spitting out rifles under the name of Bushmaster. Bushmaster carbines are crap, and so are Windham carbines.

I don't even care what "specs" they supposedly meet. That nut that owns the place has shown in the past that he didn't give a hang about quality, and I really don't figure that he cares now, since he knows he can make a fair amount of money selling garbage.

vssman
11-03-12, 08:49
800. Hopefully I got a good one - only time will tell.

Hmac
11-03-12, 09:09
Windham as a brand is relatively new on the market. My understanding is that it was started by Richard Dykes (founder of Bushmaster) when Cerberus abandoned Bushmaster and shut down the factory in Windham, Maine. I would be suspicious that Windham = Bushmaster.

Redhat
11-04-12, 19:10

Yes it will. My advice is to go shoot your gun and enjoy it!

Iraqgunz
11-05-12, 15:57
Windham is garbage- plain and simple. In the armorer class I did in Houston we had a guy with a new WW carbine that wouldn't function properly since he bought it. When we checked the lower receiver extension it had what appeared to be an AR-10 extension on it with a carbine spring and buffer.

The BCG was still the same old semi-auto type, with a 1/9 barrel. No idea if they are still making oversized gas ports, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't see how you could have done any research and come to the conclusion that you reached, but all too often it appears this is the case more and more.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I made sure to read as many stickys to learn as much as possible and then searched on a few models prior to making the purchase.

C4IGrant
11-05-12, 16:15

Welcome to the forum! The AR you chose is kind of a low end one. What is done is done. Most all cheap AR's are over gassed. So I would put an H2 buffer in it and drive on.

C4

Moltke
11-05-12, 16:22
Sh!t happens. Read this thread and decide what you want to do. Personally, I'd sell it and buy a Colt.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376

Good luck.

SteveS
11-06-12, 16:33
ARs are fun to shoot,,, Go shoot it!!! I had to add the real problem with ARs is you can't own just one.