PDA

View Full Version : Sear Plunger

Brimstone
11-02-12, 13:01
I was working on my M&P9 at bout 1am last night and I got lazy. I was replacing the sear spring and didn't do it in a safe place to contain the plunger if it got "jumpy". Of course I screwed up and BOING the little plunger went flying across my kitchen. I was up half the night sweeping and sifting through dust with a magnet and still no luck. I tried a local S&W armorer this morning, but he didn't have any so I am out of luck until one comes in the mail next week. :mad:

I called Smith and Wesson and they would not sell me a plunger. He would not sell me a sear block assy either as S&W has changed it to a restricted item. I don't understand why they would want to make their products harder to work on. I had to buy a plunger from an aftermarket supplier.

jh9
11-03-12, 04:48
I called Smith and Wesson and they would not sell me a plunger. He would not sell me a sear block assy either as S&W has changed it to a restricted item. I don't understand why they would want to make their products harder to work on. I had to buy a plunger from an aftermarket supplier.

The housing is still available from brownells and midway.

Sorry to hear about losing the plunger, though. I've started keeping a list of small parts like that and every time I order something from midway/brownells I throw one or two of them in the cart.

It's very frustrating to have a disabled pistol just sitting there for several days, waiting on a $2 pin or spring.

Exiledviking
11-03-12, 09:33
Try Apex Tactical. I believe they keep them in stock. Plus, their CS awesome.

Kokopelli
11-03-12, 09:58
Try Apex Tactical. I believe they keep them in stock. Plus, their CS awesome.

Yes.. APEX would be the place.. Get a trigger kit while you're there.. Ron