PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE fix this site?

Belmont31R
11-02-12, 22:08
I hope if I say I have $20 to help upgrade software we can get some dedicated members who do this for a living to help or for the owner to hire someone to un**** this website. This is BY FAR the worst website I go to on the internet when it comes to day to day functionality. I am sure advertising numbers take a hit when half the time people can't even access the wesbite.

I don't want to sound like a whiner bitch but this is BY FAR the the worst website I go to. Loading a page takes forever, posting a reply I get errors I have to work through, and thats if a page even loads and I hope it records a post.

I KNOW its not on my end because I have tried to access this site on 4 different computers with about 5 different web browsers with about 5 different operating systems. Even on tapatalk, and the forums I access through there this is the ONLY website it ever boggs down on be it on WIFI or cellular networks. Doesn't matter what browser I use be it Chrome using OSX, Safari on Win 8, Tapatalk, Android, even the browser on my smart TV using a blue tooth keyboard throws up on this site.

So, yes, I want to pay to fix it but I want other members to pitch in. If site staff can or the owner can promise a fix, and this is something thats been going on for years, I'd hope if we can even get 50 people to donate 20 bucks we can have a working website. No matter what anyone says to the opposite site accesiblity has a been an ongoing issue no matter the format or whatever. Either way, I think the membership is due a response on why this site is always so hard to access, and as I said think its ultimately harmful because of the reduce traffic. People get turned off on sites that don't work, and this site don't work right, and hasn't for years. There has to be a fix, and as I said I'll put in the first $20 to fix it as long as we get an answer as to whats up.

lethal dose
11-02-12, 22:25
I'm in. I've kept my mouth shut, but it's about unbearable. I'm always logged on but don't post a lot anymore and have a very hard time browsing.

SpankMonkey
11-02-12, 23:05
I'm in. I've kept my mouth shut, but it's about unbearable.

Iraqgunz
11-02-12, 23:41
The site is currently in the process of switching over servers which is why there have been issues over the last couple of days. Just drink some green Chai and relax a little. Trust me, I know it's frustrating.

Straight Shooter
11-03-12, 07:31
I THANK YALL for youre work in running this site. So damn much info here its crazy. Id hate to be w/o it, cause I WONT go to TOS.
Keep up the good work, men.:)

Littlelebowski
11-03-12, 08:21
Seriously it's not a question of simply "fixing" the site. It's not a server issue. You guys don't know what you don't know. I'd strongly recommend using tapatalk on your favorite mobile device for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

SpankMonkey
11-03-12, 08:37
Seriously it's not a question of simply "fixing" the site. It's not a server issue. You guys don't know what you don't know. I'd strongly recommend using tapatalk on your favorite mobile device for now.

Please explain. I have a really good ISP. The website takes forever to load.

Littlelebowski
11-03-12, 10:57
Please explain. I have a really good ISP. The website takes forever to load.

Malicious traffic directed at the site

ChocLab
11-03-12, 11:17
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

SpankMonkey
11-03-12, 19:49
Malicious traffic directed at the site

Thx LL I understand now.

polymorpheous
11-03-12, 20:04
Still dealing with that DOS attack from last year?
I thought the full force of law was going to come down on the loser that is perpetrating these attacks?

Are these different attack by a different source?

Cagemonkey
11-04-12, 18:32
Glad its just not me. I can log on only once or twice a week. Other than that its beyond slow. Other times things are working and then all of a sudden the site hits a wall. I'm starting to think they're is something wrong with my computer. I hope the new servers will fix this.

skywalkrNCSU
11-04-12, 18:39
That makes me feel better, this is the only forum that I have trouble with on tapatalk so I just figured my app was a lemon haha

loganp0916
11-04-12, 19:06
Glad to see the site upgrading. My biggest problem is it takes me about 5 or 10 tries to even get logged on. I sign in and it says thanks for logging in or whatever, then redirects me back to the page I was on and tells me to sign in again..

Watrdawg
11-05-12, 08:18
I haven't been able to log in normally in about a year. Everyday I'm finaggling it one way or another to get in to the site.

ryr8828
11-05-12, 18:32
I spend a lot of time here so I tried to contribute some money, there seemed to be no way to do it.
Haven't tried lately, got tired of fighting it.

nineteenkilo
11-06-12, 11:28
I'm a network admin with quite a few resources of my own. Please let me know who the offending party is and I'll be happy to 'talk' with them.

Littlelebowski
11-06-12, 11:34
I'm a network admin with quite a few resources of my own. Please let me know who the offending party is and I'll be happy to 'talk' with them.

Come on, dude. Be serious. You're going to take on a botnet?

nineteenkilo
11-06-12, 11:37
Come on, dude. Be serious. You're going to take on a botnet?

Nope. I've got 10 6509's that can tarpit with the best of them though. I get DOS'd constantly as an ISP.

Littlelebowski
11-06-12, 11:39
Nope. I've got 10 6509's that can tarpit with the best of them though. I get DOS'd constantly as an ISP.

You can't help. Good sentiment, unrealistic goal. Not unless you want to take on the onus of hosting M4C right where your 6509s are at.

nineteenkilo
11-06-12, 11:42
I was offering to allow the traffic to pass through my Layer 7's and then back out. The DNS forwarding would be a bitch for the time being, but the traffic would at least be clean.

Any clue what they are running to host? That would help me come up with a viable solution - even if it's only the scripts for a couple of TIK boxes.

Littlelebowski
11-06-12, 11:46
I was offering to allow the traffic to pass through my Layer 7's and then back out. The DNS forwarding would be a bitch for the time being, but the traffic would at least be clean.

Any clue what they are running to host? That would help me come up with a viable solution - even if it's only the scripts for a couple of TIK boxes.

I see what you're saying now but I think the alternate URL/forum install of creativepromotionalmarketing.com is probably the best bet at this point. To pass the traffic through your gear for a business of this size (m4c is a profit generating business) would require paperwork and I doubt the site owner will do it. I think he'd rather try to fix the problem on his own dime.