PDA

View Full Version : WTH is a "double pump action gun"?

Straight Shooter
11-03-12, 20:09
Just read an article on the New York Post, had some folks who were "arming themselves"with bats, machetes, and it said "one man had an arsenal with his double pump action gun". So, now ONE gun is "an arsenal".
Where can I get one of these? Who makes these? GRANT..do you stock these? Are they Tier One, Mil-Spec? They sound awesome.

Seriously..JUST NOW they want to arm themselves. Just now all a sudden they see that personal defense is..well..PERSONAL. I really truly DO NOT feel sorry for these people. It is my FERVERENT HOPE that they LEARN from this, and take itto the voting booth from now on. But, as is the nature of sheep..they wont. They will be just as defenseless next time, as now. So IMO....F em.

Caeser25
11-03-12, 20:51
Does it have a shoulder thing that goes up?

Straight Shooter
11-03-12, 21:21
HA! Good one!!:D

Kfgk14
11-04-12, 08:17
My anti-gun co-worker freaked out a few days before the storm because people were casing his house. Wanted shooting lessons, ammo and a handgun.

I arranged a range trip, three days before the storm.

We bought a Glock for him that Saturday, and ammo/mags/basic holster.

He's looking into an AR as his next firearms purchase, as well as a couple .22's :D

BrigandTwoFour
11-04-12, 09:49
My anti-gun co-worker freaked out a few days before the storm because people were casing his house. Wanted shooting lessons, ammo and a handgun.

He's looking into an AR as his next firearms purchase, as well as a couple .22's :D

Amazing how facing reality causes people to finally understand.

OP, maybe it was a KSG shotgun? I saw that article to, and it was terribly written.

ralph
11-04-12, 12:28

Kudos to you sir! You shown this person the light.. Looking at the post storm events, I myself am stunned at the huge amount of people who were woefully unprepared,(considering how close to the water they lived) They had 4-5days warning that this storm, probably the storm of the century, was coming..and yet, the vast majority refused to do anything to prepare..(like having food, water, a working genetator, gasoline, guns, ammo) instead, depending on the police for protection,and preferring to wait for help from the Gov't..Help that is usually a day late, and a dollar short..and with a string attached....

drsal
11-04-12, 12:45
K They had 4-5days warning that this storm, probably the storm of the century, was coming..and yet, the vast majority refused to do anything to prepare..(like having food, water, a working genetator, gasoline, guns, ammo) instead, depending on the police for protection,and preferring to wait for help from the Gov't..Help that is usually a day late, and a dollar short..and with a string attached....

Exactly right....I have little sympathy for nyc and most of its inhabitants. I grew up and lived in Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn up till the age of 30. The majority of people there have no idea of how to make simple basic survival preparations just to maintain a modicum of comfort of even a week's duration should any undesirable event occur, natural or man-made. Will the populace learn from this ..Nope, as this isn't ever going to happen again....