PDA

View Full Version : 870 police trade in issues

bubba04
11-03-12, 23:42
Guys, I am hoping yall have seen this before.

I picked up a couple guys cheap that were in rough out side shape. One cleaned up real nicely and is slick as a whistle to cycle.

However the other one after cleaning up still takes an abnormal amount of force to cycle. I swapped out the complete fore end assembly and that did not seem to rectify the problem.

Does anyone have an idea what my next step should be before I ship her off to a smith to work on?

Mikey
11-04-12, 01:47
Make sure the bars aren't binding in the receiver or on the carrier.

bluejackets92fs
11-04-12, 01:51
A lot of times there is just gunk or some other blockage in the pump channels in the receiver. I would detail strip it and check for wear or build up on these pars first. Also examine bolts and maybe swap bolts to see if this changes anything. If not I would seek help from http://www.aiptactical.com/ He has helped me out a ton with my 870 questions in the past and a Remington 870 armorer. He may know the source of the issue. Good luck.

ST911
11-04-12, 09:01
Clean the gun thoroughly. Swap parts individually and see what the problem follows.

bubba04
11-04-12, 11:03
I think the shell latch springs are slightly bent causing them to bind up on the for end tube assembly rails.

bubba04
11-04-12, 20:28
Wow, figured it out. Both complete fore end assemblies were slightly bent. Tried a third, and works perfectly.....

simple fix.........wish i would have tried this a while ago.

now I just need to find me two complete assemblies.