PDA

View Full Version : Troy battle mags

whitey615
11-04-12, 16:32
So they sell three packs of these at my local dicks.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these and if they are on par with pmags.
Thanks.

hec912
11-04-12, 16:45
I had some a while back there ok but I prefer pmags or usgi mags they really didn't trill me that much btw the ones I had would only fit 29rds

wetidlerjr
11-04-12, 16:47
GO TO: TROY BATTLE MAG (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=86287)

djmorris
11-04-12, 17:00
They are GTG. They hold 30 rds fine too, not sure what the poster above is talking about. I've never had a failure when using Battlemags which is more than I can say for Pmags. You'll like them.

2_wacko
11-04-12, 19:01
I have one and its been flawless.

snakedoc257
11-04-12, 19:04
I bought three to try. They worked best for me loaded with 29 rounds. I had no stoppages; I dropped them a few times during some testing and training. I'll have to say the followers bother me a little. They don't feel as good as Magpul followers. The mag body itself also doesn't feel as solid as the PMag.

I'm not ready to carry them on duty yet. I'd like to put a few more rounds through them. I'll be honest, I bought them cause I had a gift card at Dick's and didn't see anything else I needed. The price was a little high at Dick's if you ask me.

kwelz
11-04-12, 19:46
I ran about a dozen or so through a couple Vickers classes last year. They performed well and went into my normal rotation along with Lancers and PMags.

Shiz
11-04-12, 19:52
on the ones I bought, FTF...a bit stiff, the bolt wouldn't close all the way. but i worked them in and they work fine now.

TYPEII
11-04-12, 22:00
They work great on my Troy Rifle, bought some because the 10 rd that came with the rifle was not enough for me. And from others feedbacks, the Pmags did't quite work smoothly with the Troy rifle. Dick's had them for $42.99 in the 3-pack.

Fgolebiowski
11-05-12, 02:25
I have 30 of them. I've been using them as my training/practice magazines. I leave them loaded with 28 rounds. They work fine in every AR-15 I've used them in so far.

mig1nc
11-05-12, 04:12
I bought three to try. They worked best for me loaded with 29 rounds. I had no stoppages; I dropped them a few times during some testing and training. I'll have to say the followers bother me a little. They don't feel as good as Magpul followers. The mag body itself also doesn't feel as solid as the PMag.

I'm not ready to carry them on duty yet. I'd like to put a few more rounds through them. I'll be honest, I bought them cause I had a gift card at Dick's and didn't see anything else I needed. The price was a little high at Dick's if you ask me.

Likewise I had a Dick's gift card and picked one up with play with.

It's seen about a ninety rounds fully loaded (30 at a go) with no issues. Granted, that's a pretty low number, but I plan on putting a good bit more through it before counting on it.

BTL BRN
11-09-12, 21:53
FWIW the black and FDE mags are $10 at Primary Arms this weekend. :cool:

JB326
11-09-12, 22:34
I've had better luck with my Troy mags than I have P-Mags in 3/4's of my rifles. No failures to speak of.

filthy phil
11-10-12, 07:21
FWIW the black and FDE mags are $10 at Primary Arms this weekend. :cool:

but $10 shipping

i know where they're $16 SHIPPED
pm for info

Animal_Mother556
11-10-12, 08:05
I've had better luck with my Troy mags than I have P-Mags in 3/4's of my rifles. No failures to speak of.

What rifles have you experienced P-mag troubles with?

Op, I have two Troy mags...I have not used them a whole lot (maybe 200 rounds through each). I have never had a problem.

Slvr Surfr
11-10-12, 08:34
I have four that I use for training mags. Several hundreds of rounds through all. I've loaned them out to other students and they get beat up quite a bit during reloads and malfunction drills. So far, I have had ZERO issues. They also pull easily from pouches, more so than PMAGS.

AIM surplus usual has good deals on them.

trackmagic
11-10-12, 18:52
I bought a troy along with a Lancer to demo to see how I liked them. I really like the Lancer. The Troy did not seem to have any functional issues. I ended up going with the Lancers when I bought a bunch of mags because there are a few things I don't like about the Troys:

1) Taking them apart is more difficult than the pmag or the Lancer. Putting them back together can also be a challenge. I thought I broke the little snap tab because it is difficult to get to reseat.

2) The follower did not give me any feed issues, but it did not feel as smooth as the Lancer or Pmag.

Overall, I think all 3 are fine magazines, but I ended up liking the Lancer just a little more.

EFR
11-10-12, 20:15
I prefer them.

cthompson36
11-10-12, 21:48
i like them but they are a pain to take apart