PDA

View Full Version : Romanian gp 1975 G model ?'s

Dirknar
11-04-12, 19:05
Looking at one of these models and having a hard time finding info. I'm new to AK's.. I know is not a arsenal but its half the cost..

Are they chrome lined barrels?
Is 500$ to much for a nicely used one? They have all seemed to go up in price..

This vs. the M10 from m+m?

Thanks

SPQR476
11-04-12, 19:43
Gp is usually romy parts kit on US receiver, us non-chrome lined bbl. Th M10 is a far better option as a base rifle. You may have to swap out some of the price point add-ons, but it's HFCL bbl, and largely assembled at cugir instead of by an unknown century subcontractor.

M&M runs a tight shop, as well, with good QC.

Dirknar
11-04-12, 19:58
Ah ok, thank you Spq.. I searched some different key words and did end up coming up with some info. It looks like theyare basically the same as a wasr, they were just marked with a G for a guard unit.

II keep looking at that M10. The price point is luring. I wanted one of those yugo m70 b underfolders a while ago but never pulled the trigger on one. Aim surplus had them for 489 for months, now they are gone..

Dirknar
11-04-12, 20:04
The main reason to buy an AK, is to be able to buy cheaper ammo and maybe do more shooting.

maddawg5777
11-04-12, 20:26
My friend had a rommy g. Thing looked like it was ran over on the interstate before they shipped it off. It had a lot of light primer strikes but it did go through 10k in rounds before the rivets holding the front trunion snapped. I'd say the the m10 is a better candidate. I just gambled on an amd built by tgi on a feg receiver. I heard they are made decently for a 450 ak, but we will see on Tuesday.

halmbarte
11-04-12, 20:49
Avoid CAI. They have recently started a policy of 1 year warranty from the time the rifle left their 'factory'. Doesn't matter if it sat a distributor for 18 months, you bought it and it never fired a round. That's now your problem.

If you're on a budget buy a Saiga and convert it.

H

Dirknar
11-04-12, 21:18
Sounds cool madawg, post up some pics and range report when you get it..

Halmebart, I see that word converted a lot, what is getting converted? I guess i should prolly search converted saiga huhm haha..

SPQR476
11-04-12, 21:59
If its a recent romy and it has a dimpled receiver, it is likely a US receiver and a US barrel. If it doesn't have dimples, it's a Romanian receiver and barrel. I'm not saying you can't get a decent gp 1975 or a decent WASR, and there are very good Romy G kit builds depending on who puts it together, but in the price range you're looking at, M+M is a better bet.

SPQR476
11-04-12, 22:11
And century's "1year from date of mfg" warranty is nothing new...been that way as long as I can remember.

halmbarte
11-04-12, 22:37
Sounds cool madawg, post up some pics and range report when you get it..

Halmebart, I see that word converted a lot, what is getting converted? I guess i should prolly search converted saiga huhm haha..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiga_semi-automatic_rifle

About the warranty thing. CAI wasn't enforcing the 1 year rule previously, if that was their policy. They have been lately.

H

maddawg5777
11-05-12, 09:15
CAI has been a shady company as long as I care to remember. Plenty of people have had enough issue with them I try to avoid at all costs. The only century firearm I bought was a yugo sks back in the day. It was built fine and worked but I wont press my luck anymore after my friends ak fell apart. He had it for roughly 8 months but it had been more than one year since they had shipped it out and wouldn't cover the fix. Thats shitty no matter how you slice it.

Its one thing to put out shitty guns but offer to fix them(taurus lol), then put out shitty guns and dont give a **** about your customers. I cant believe they are still in business.

ThirdWatcher
11-05-12, 10:50
I know they're kinda expensive but I sure like my Arsenals.

Dirknar
11-09-12, 13:34
I know they're kinda expensive but I sure like my Arsenals.

The more I learn, the more I keep looking at Arsenals.. Hell, why spend 5-700 on what might be kinda junky, the Arsenals arent that much more for what looks to be a lot more quality. I blew my wad on a Noveske lower and DD LPK/ect, cant seem to get over AR's for now... I am going to save for an Arsenal. Unless i find a used wasr for around 350 bucks. haha..