PDA

View Full Version : National Geographic: SEAL Team Six

GeorgiaBoy
11-04-12, 22:27
Anybody watch Nat Geo's first "feature length film" tonight?

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/seal-team-six-the-raid-on-osama-bin-laden/videos/seal-team-six-trailer/

I didn't even know about it until I saw a ad for it a hour before it aired. Decided to check it out. What a disappointment.

While it looks like they tried, some of it was just too over-the-top to enjoy it. Full-auto fire in ridiculous times, terrible gunfire audio (dubbed), no BUIS on most of the guns, and not-so-great acting. Seemed heavily politically biased, especially when it airs 2 freaking days before the election. 4/5's of the movie was spent on the background of the raid, only the last 10 minutes was actually designated for the ground operation and it seemed very rushed. All the makings of a low-budged action thriller to me. Act of Valor blew it out of the water.

Belmont31R
11-04-12, 23:11
National Geographic jumped the shark a long time ago. Their nature shows are filled with global warming crap like every issue in nature is caused by global warming now. Miss their documentaries from what I remember them being growing up.

Seems like every channel you'd think would be science/technology/nature oriented has gone full retard full of drama laced reality shows, leftist douchebaggery, and general crap like pawn stars.

Ed L.
I got caught on a long call so I recorded it, but I haven't seen it as of this posting.

It seems like this started as a docudrama and was bought by Obama supporter Havey Weinstein, who had Michael Moore's producer gathering additional footage to put in and do some editing.

Nat Geo channel did insist on come changes, like having a scene depicting GOP nominee Mitt Romney appearing to oppose the raid removed from the final cut.

Exactly how would Mitt Romney have any info on a potential raid? He was not a high ranking military official, a high ranking member of the Obama admin, or part of the military or intelligence teams involved that would have this info. So exactly how would he get to object to the raid?

Anyway, here is a link to some more detailed info on how this piece was supposed to have a pro-Obama political bias.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/25/harvey-weinstein-editing-releasing-seal-team-six-documentary-to-help-presidents-1963241037/

FromMyColdDeadHand
Obama shoot OBL with a 9mm or 45?

GeorgiaBoy
11-04-12, 23:14

Neither.

ICANHITHIMMAN
11-05-12, 06:35

I heard it was a sling shot

markm
11-05-12, 07:42
I heard Ali Bama looked brave when he took that compound down!

scottryan
11-05-12, 18:11
I shut it off after 20 minutes.

It has about 30 shots of obama in the intro and the acting was super cheesy.

500grains
11-05-12, 18:17
I heard it was a political piece with release timed to help the Messiah with his re-election bid. So I let my kids watch the Titans instead.

GeorgiaBoy
11-05-12, 18:28
I heard it was a political piece with release timed to help the Messiah with his re-election bid. So I let my kids watch the Titans instead.

With it being 2 days before the election, I couldn't agree more.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-05-12, 18:28
Watching it now. I didn't realize that we didn't start looking for bin laden until after BHO got into office.

If it isn't political, why show the McCain/Obama debate and no footage of GWB?

Where else have people used the voice of a president in a commercial movie like that? I really don't consider a documentary.

What was with the polka dot targets?

rushca01
11-05-12, 19:28
Awful!

First it was politically biased and slanted...

Second the gear representation was horible, I can appreciate budgets but there were no plates in the plate carriers..and it goes on.

Third, I haven't read the book that just came out about the raid, but am I supposed to believe the most elite of the elite were like a bunch of bickering teenagers? Everything I have read about SOF soldiers is that their bond runs deeper then blood and the mocumemtary made them seem like a JV girls volleyball team.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-05-12, 23:19
At the end of it BHO comes on and says "I'm Barack Obama and I approved this message."

Bolt_Overide
11-05-12, 23:24
Watched some of it, nothing but an ad for the messiah.

NWPilgrim
11-06-12, 00:44
I didn't bother. It was patently obvious it was going to be a campaign movie for The Teleprompter's assistant.

These last few days the Discovery/NatGeo type channels have been awash in the Colin Powell "I'm a Republican and war hero and I urge you to vote for the other black guy, again. It has nothing to do with his skin color, he is the best qualified because he looks sort of like me. Remember I am a Republican so it is OK for you to vote for this commie black guy too."

Reagans Rascals
11-06-12, 00:47
it was completely terrible... and untrue...

not to mention... Xzibit played one of the Operators....

you know you are in for a shit show when pimp my ride shows up at your Abbottabad compound...

SteyrAUG
11-06-12, 00:55
At least it was on NatGeo and not NBC mini series.

NWPilgrim
11-06-12, 00:58
it was completely terrible... and untrue...

not to mention... Xzibit played one of the Operators....

you know you are in for a shit show when pimp my ride shows up at your Abbottabad compound...

So Obama shot OBL with a gold plated, ruby encrusted Raven .380?! Wow, nice to finally get the inside scoop on the takedown. What a hero Obama is!!

Who are these shows marketed too? The mindless left already is going to vote for him. Anyone who likes the military is going to be offended by the politicization and downplaying of the SEALs and the upstaging of Dear Leader who was pulled away from his TV PROGRAM in his private study office to watch the takedown live with the grown-ups. So who is this movie supposed to sway? Or is it Trotsky photoshopping, removing and inserting leaders into historical documents as the political winds blow? In 2016 we will see the remake with Hillary at the helm saving the world from OBL.

Good lord how we have sunk into the gutter. Our President knows no limit to debasing the American image. Did he bow to OBL before shooting with his pimp gun?

Reagans Rascals
11-06-12, 01:16
So... Bin Laden... we all know how much you like Chili... so... we put a crock pot in the dash.... we all know how much you like money... so pop the trunk... we gave you your very own money printin machine... and last man.... we all know how much you want to be a marine biologist... so take a look in the back seat... that's right... your very own saltwater fish tank complete with stingrays... you've officially been pimped

I'M BARACK OBAMA AND I APPROVE THIS PIMPAGE

maximus83
11-06-12, 10:39
Thanks for the review and comments by those who viewed it. I was going to watch it but think I won't bother. I'm losing what little tolerance I used to have for these historical or dramatic re-enactments that are nearly always reductionist and heavily biased.

GeorgiaBoy
11-06-12, 11:37
Most of the guns look like they were bought from the airsoft section in walmart shortly before filming.

But I did find the use of Contour cameras to be interesting.

SteyrAUG
11-06-12, 11:40
By the way the Military Channel has a new show they started recently called Black Ops and one episode is dedicated to the OBL raid. I'd recommend everyone just watch that instead.

sammage
11-06-12, 15:04
Most of the guns look like they were bought from the airsoft section in walmart shortly before filming.

But I did find the use of Contour cameras to be interesting.

Not to mention the lack of BUIS, etc. Also missed the four tube NV.

Reagans Rascals
11-06-12, 16:57
Not to mention the lack of BUIS, etc. Also missed the four tube NV.

and the fact UBL was shot in the face peeking out of a door way... with his weapon on a shelf above the door without a mag in it...

not shot in the chest, standing inside a room hiding behind his wives after a hard entry like that shit show portrayed....

they stuck right to the original details in the White House press release... instead of I dunno maybe just taking 3 hours and reading a ****ing book on the subject...

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-06-12, 18:19
I like how they called out OBL's son's name, who then peeked over the railing and got shot in the head.

Do they really have wrestle-offs to see who is platoon leader for 'Seal Team 6"?

Moose-Knuckle
11-06-12, 19:35
Glad I didn't record it. :dirol:

GeorgiaBoy
11-06-12, 20:13
I like how they called out OBL's son's name, who then peeked over the railing and got shot in the head.

Not to mention with automatic fire.

BCmJUnKie
11-06-12, 20:31
National Geographic jumped the shark a long time ago. Their nature shows are filled with global warming crap like every issue in nature is caused by global warming now. Miss their documentaries from what I remember them being growing up.

Seems like every channel you'd think would be science/technology/nature oriented has gone full retard full of drama laced reality shows, leftist douchebaggery, and general crap like pawn stars.

Like "Wild America!! The dude with the beard what was his name.