PDA

View Full Version : Would this ruin my zero?

Zane1844
11-05-12, 19:38
I have a LaRue LT52 holding an Aimpoint comp M3.

I had to take the mount off one day, then I did not have loctite. So I just tightened them down as much as I can, it held zero fine.

Now I have blue loctite and want it on there. I do not want to have to rezero it, the range I zero at is 30 miles away, and I will have to get a ride again to go, and pay for gas, ammo, etc, it adds up, and I just went last weekend. So it will be cheaper not to have to rezero it.

So, can I remove one screw at a time loctite it, then put it back in? Or would that mess with the zero?

If it will then I can wait.

Iraqgunz
11-05-12, 19:51
It's a 50/50 question and no one can say with any certainty. I would bet that if you are careful it would still be well within minute of zombie.

I have a LaRue LT52 holding an Aimpoint comp M3.

I had to take the mount off one day, then I did not have loctite. So I just tightened them down as much as I can, it held zero fine.

Now I have blue loctite and want it on there. I do not want to have to rezero it, the range I zero at is 30 miles away, and I will have to get a ride again to go, and pay for gas, ammo, etc, it adds up, and I just went last weekend. So it will be cheaper not to have to rezero it.

So, can I remove one screw at a time loctite it, then put it back in? Or would that mess with the zero?

If it will then I can wait.

An Undocumented Worker
11-05-12, 19:54
You should be fine doing that, but it is always best to confirm that is the case.

Anyhow I have an Acog with the factory mount that has been taken off of the rifle many times and has never needed to have the zero adjusted after the fact.

The Larue mount is of equal or better quality in that regard.

Atchcraft
11-05-12, 20:20
Depending on your level of competency, there is no reason that anything would change using the method you described.

Zane1844
11-05-12, 22:37
Yeah I figured that method would be my best bet, for the loosening of one screw does not compromise the grip of the mount much. I have used it on something else but for the life of cannot remember what. :confused:

GunnutAF
11-06-12, 00:03
I have taken my Vortex Strikefire off my Carbine numerous times and it has held it zero perfectly. :D

Sgt_Gold
11-06-12, 17:07
The last time I took the rings and Ultra Dot's off my bullseye pistols for maintenance I didn't see a shift in zero that would effect a non target firearm. I had to make small adjustments, but they were on the order of one MOA or less. For your situation it shouldn't make much of a difference.

kVon
11-06-12, 20:59
It's a 50/50 question and no one can say with any certainty. I would bet that if you are careful it would still be well within minute of zombie.

:laugh:

jmnielsen
11-06-12, 21:02

That's all that matters, right?

Stickman
11-06-12, 21:50
You will have to verify zero next time you hit the range, it's not like it's a big deal. It shouldn't be off by much if it is.