PDA

View Full Version : Suppressed pistols at night=No muzzle flash

Fireman1291
11-06-12, 05:46
This is a followup video to the daytime version I filmed earlier in the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A63oYgod8Y

Figured I would share with like minded individuals.:cool:

everyusernametaken
11-06-12, 11:15
Man, I wish I could shoot from my living room! :D

Try as I might, I could not see any flash on my monitor. I'm guessing there is SOME visible flash on the centerfire pistols, but I can't see it on the video...

markm
11-06-12, 11:27
Man, I wish I could shoot from my living room! :D

When I was a teenager, I had the brilliant idea of shooting 22 short down my hallway at home when no one was there...

Too stupid to realize all the lead contamination I was flinging in my parents house... Only shot a handful of rounds though.. :secret:

motoduck
11-06-12, 11:48
I hope you swept up the unburned powder off the floor and aired the house out before your wife came home:lol:

Entertaining video!

Fireman1291
11-07-12, 08:40
I hope you swept up the unburned powder off the floor and aired the house out before your wife came home:lol:

Entertaining video!

THe silencer caught the bi-products, and my wife is used to my antics. lol

As far as lead contamination from the primers, etc I've only shot in my house twice. In those two videos. Its not something I do everyday. lol

Glad you enjoyed the video. The fact they totally emliminate flash is HUGE! Big advantage!

everyusernametaken
11-07-12, 11:27
So you couldn't see any flash whatsoever in person? Even from the ejection port on the 9 and 45? I noticed you mentioned something about that ammo using a low-flash powder (can't recall what ammo it was, I'm on my phone right now with poor network speed, so I can't easily view it).

ClearedHot
11-11-12, 01:19
Try looking through a set of NVG's next time. I can promise you'll see some flash/sparks. ;)

Fireman1291
11-11-12, 08:20
So you couldn't see any flash whatsoever in person? Even from the ejection port on the 9 and 45? I noticed you mentioned something about that ammo using a low-flash powder (can't recall what ammo it was, I'm on my phone right now with poor network speed, so I can't easily view it).

Winchester Ranger SXT. Most SD ammo is loaded with flash suppressant.

Fireman1291
11-11-12, 08:21
Try looking through a set of NVG's next time. I can promise you'll see some flash/sparks. ;)

I bet!

A nice set of gen3's are still on my list!:D