View Full Version : Remington acquires TAPCO

chadbag
11-06-12, 11:20
Remington (ie Freedom Group) acquires TAPCO

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/273144

--

nineteenkilo
11-06-12, 13:47
Well, realistically, TAPCO has nowhere to go but up. When you can outfit a 'Tapticool' AR platform from Cabelas........well.......

trinydex
11-06-12, 14:36
who thinks the bought them just for the rapid prototyping hardware and knowhow?

duece71
11-06-12, 20:23
The aquisition was due to the fact that Remington always wanted to build something that could take cheap plastic AK magazines..........:eek:

TacticalSledgehammer
11-07-12, 06:58
Anyone remember when Tapco sold mosins and other surplus items?

Hunter Rose
11-07-12, 15:47

Yep, I worked there in the warehouse for a summer during college. Boxed up many a Moisin and FAL parts kit. For all the crap TAPCO gets they were an extremely nice group of people and I still look back foundly on my time spent there.

TacticalSledgehammer
11-07-12, 23:09
I was 18 then... I kept looking at their catalog over and over again trying to decide if I wanted one.

lunchbox
11-07-12, 23:31
meh the only GOOD thing Tapco did was the G2 double hook trigger for the AK....Maybe Remington is gonna start makin AK's to take cheap mags.:haha:

chadbag
11-07-12, 23:49
meh the only GOOD thing Tapco did was the G2 double hook trigger for the AK....Maybe Remington is gonna start makin AK's to take cheap mags.:haha:

I don't see it any more on the tapco website, but they have had some interesting FAL stuff in the past for people building parts kits etc.

---

rojocorsa
11-08-12, 00:52

My understanding is that someone else designed it, and TAPCO bought it and capitalized on it. But it's not an original design from them.

Moose-Knuckle
11-08-12, 04:02

I can remember when TAPCO was the only game in town for parts/kits during the golden age of FAL kit builds.