PDA

View Full Version : My first build, advice needed

Bro KV
11-06-12, 23:35
I bought a Aero Precision lower and ACS-L lower kit. So now on to the upper, I'd like a FSP cutout rail. So what do I need to complete this build. What do you guys recommend?

lunchbox
11-06-12, 23:38
The search button :lol: Welcome to the forums.

Sticks
11-07-12, 03:35
Spend 3-4 weeks searching the different quality manufacturers and then pick and choose your parts.

DO NOT SKIMP ON QUALITY! The difference of $50 can be night and day in quality and reliability.

Both of my assemblies were 2 months in the making before I ever clicked the "Checkout" button.

Typically you can not assemble a top quality rifle from parts cheaper than buying one outright, especially the upper. If you are fortunate to catch everything on sale, or from the EE, then you may succeed. Otherwise you are paying more for the satisfaction of DIY.

BCM, PSA, G&R, and more, all have the option to pick and choose to some extent what grip, rail, FCG, bolt, etc. that you want.

When you set your top $ that you are willing to spend, double it. The fluff adds up quick (ammo, sling, RDS, BUIS, mags, light...).

My first assembly was initially set at $1800. I landed near $2700 when it was all said and done. My second one (yet to be posted) came in significantly lower, but I still have to get a scope & mount. There goes another $900 - $1700.

Bro KV
11-07-12, 10:22
Really liking the Daniel Defense M4V1 upper

lunchbox
11-07-12, 22:15
Really liking the Daniel Defense M4V1 upperThat is a very good choice.

MistWolf
11-08-12, 08:25
Just to help a brother out Bro KV- Read this sticky and adjust your thread accordingly

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82447