PDA

View Full Version : Mia Love

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 08:51
Can someone tell me what happened? I wasn't even worried about her losing.

M4arc
11-07-12, 08:53
Bunch of racists!

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 08:54
Bunch of racists!

Dude, I'm honestly wondering if that's the case and you know me, I'm not the type that shrieks "racism" when people lose.

M4arc
11-07-12, 08:55
I was being sarcastic. The dems only use the racists card when it suits them.

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 08:57
I was being sarcastic. The dems only use the racists card when it suits them.

I know and agree but my mind is just boggled. DOES NOT COMPUTE

chadbag
11-07-12, 09:16
She lost by a little over 2000 votes. She won all counties except Salt Lake County. Salt Lake County is the "urban" area in Utah, and includes Salt Lake City itself, so you find the greatest concentrations of Democrats there (for the state).

I am betting Mia Love won most of the outer lying areas in Salt Lake County, like where I live (the "burbs") but the more downtown areas swung it for Matheson.

I only have read one article on it and this was the closest "call" Matheson has had. Matheson himself is not a bad guy and is generally liked. If he were a Republican there would be no issue.

---

M4arc
11-07-12, 09:17
Matheson and his supporters are racists!

;)

chadbag
11-07-12, 09:41
You can see the Utah elections here:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1173&sid=22859753&s_cid=article-popular-1

Look at the margins in all the other races. Then look at the Mia Love / Jim Matheson race. It looks like almost every Democrat in the state is in District 4.

It is still a shock.

--

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 09:48
Such a disappointment. I hope she runs again.

chadbag
11-07-12, 10:02
Such a disappointment. I hope she runs again.

Me too!

--

RogerinTPA
11-07-12, 10:32
Agreed.

I'm confused and quite stunned on the outcome as well LL. I thought she had this election in the bag. I am glad Bachman won her race though. This whole election cycle was a complete soup sandwich, making a turn for the surreal. We are still 'all ate up' down here in FL. Curious, if Love had been Mormon, would that had given her enough edge to win???

She lost by a little over 2000 votes. She won all counties except Salt Lake County. Salt Lake County is the "urban" area in Utah, and includes Salt Lake City itself, so you find the greatest concentrations of Democrats there (for the state).

I am betting Mia Love won most of the outer lying areas in Salt Lake County, like where I live (the "burbs") but the more downtown areas swung it for Matheson.

I only have read one article on it and this was the closest "call" Matheson has had. Matheson himself is not a bad guy and is generally liked. If he were a Republican there would be no issue.

---

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 10:33
Agreed.

I'm confused and quite stunned on the outcome as well LL. I thought she had this election in the bag. I am glad Bachman won her race though. This whole election cycle was a complete soup sandwich, making a turn for the surreal. We are still 'all ate up' down here in FL. Curious, if Love had been Mormon, would that had given her enough edge to win???

Love is Mormon :(

RogerinTPA
11-07-12, 10:37

Damn... this whole election cycle sucks dog balls.

chadbag
11-07-12, 10:38

Which is interesting, as I did not know that. I did not think she was, or wasn't. As far as I know, it was never an issue either way here in Utah.

--

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 10:39
Which is interesting, as I did not know that. I did not think she was, or wasn't. As far as I know, it was never an issue either way here in Utah.

--

She probably made a point to run a classy campaign.

She converted when she started dating her husband.

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 10:43
Allen West might have lost.

I need a drink.

R/Tdrvr
11-07-12, 10:44
She's a Republican plain and simple. To Democrats, liberals and those who want their Obamaphones, she's either not black enough, a house n*****, or a sell out.

R/Tdrvr
11-07-12, 10:45
Allen West might have lost.

I need a drink.

Yeah, and Alan Grayson is back in. :suicide2:

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 12:28
Yeah, and Alan Grayson is back in. :suicide2:

Safetyhit
11-07-12, 12:42
Yeah, and Alan Grayson is back in.

Guess it was about 10:45 when I saw he had won and Obama was leading FL and VA with 85% of the count in. It was then the tv went off, was just too much to take in. Could only pray for a repeat of the seemingly doomed election night of 2004. Just horrible I tell you.

Brimstone
11-07-12, 12:51
I regret that I could not cast a vote for Mia Love yesterday. She would have represented Utah well.

Here is a great video that Mia did for the LDS Church:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5896293/mormon_mayor_mia_love/

Littlelebowski
11-07-12, 13:37
Jesse Jackson Jr won reelection from a mental institution.

jmp45
11-07-12, 13:51
Agreed, Mia is a big loss for Utah and Country.

11-07-12, 14:28
Just moved to UT and have love for Love.

YVK
11-07-12, 21:05
Jesse Jackson Jr won reelection from a mental institution.

I read somewhere today that there were two dudes who died before the elections and still won.

Straight Shooter
11-07-12, 21:55
An EIGHT TIME convicted felon won in Detroit.
This is my shocked face...:eek: