PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 590 Sling Question

Cuda444
02-13-08, 17:20
I have a 590 Special Purpose and I'm looking to mount a Vickers 2 point on it. What I'd really like the ability to do would be quick release sling mounts or something similar so that I could use the sling on other guns if need be. What is the best way to go about this? Is it even possible?

From my research, I see something like the GG&G receiver mount between the receiver and stock makes for an excellent mounting point. Thoughts? What about up front?

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks!

m700m
02-16-08, 13:37
cuda444, i went with the (Blue Force operator-Pac), lots of goody's to chose from. i also use uncle mikes heavy duty quick release mounts on my 590,:) so i can easily remove them for other uses. your handle ''cuda444'' is that in reference to a Plymouth? i have an '67 2 door Belva, D................

m24shooter
02-17-08, 16:30
For the front you could use a GGG 870 side sling mount. It would go between the mag tube cap and the mag tube ring on the barrel.
At the rear I would use one of the A2 stock adapters that is the web harness with a sling point on the side. You should be able to rig a SRB to each point and have a quick detach sling.

Cuda444
02-18-08, 23:50
Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to end up with the GG&G up front. Sorry for the noob question, but whats the SRB you speak of?

m24shooter
02-21-08, 17:39
Side Release Buckle.