PDA

View Full Version : Core 15 Rifles?

digiadaamore
11-08-12, 08:53
Ok everyone, this company has my interest and they say a lot of the right things and the rifle look and feel great. I have used the search function but only found a couple old posts that weren't very relevant. This is the gun im looking at http://www.core15.com/products/complete-rifles/moe-m4-rifle.html

ive noted the cmv barrel steel, m16 carrier MPI tested, they make the uppers and lowers in house and the machining looks fantastic. I just wonder if anyone has experience with these yet? im also looking a a PSA M4 Premium. Now ill just let everyone know im not looking for the cheapest junk i can buy, ive totally skipped dpms,stag,rra,busmaster etc... im not interested in junk and yes for 250 more i could get a colt or BCM i know, i know alla bout colt and BCM just want opinions on these thanks:D

sammage
11-08-12, 08:59
Spendy for an unknown quantity. Buy once, cry once.

Jaysop
11-08-12, 09:00
That rifle is more than a colt or what you could probably put a BCM together for...
There are plenty of threads about those rifles and if I wasn't on a phone is show you.

I'd say search a little harder as is googling "core15 m4carbine.net"
That shows different results sometimes.

djmorris
11-08-12, 09:03
Have not heard much about them, and what I have heard has not been all that great. You're taking a gamble with your money at the very least.

Get a BCM or Colt. If you cannot afford one then I'd go with a PSA or Spikes Tactical. Smith & Wesson would be a better alternative than a freakin' Core 15, too.

Don't buy a Core 15.

digiadaamore
11-08-12, 09:08
ok guys, just to be clear i can get that one for 850 , PSA is my first choice for sure. I would mind buying a Previously loved BCM M4 mod 2 or mid16 but they dont seem to come up for sale often. are there any recommendations for used carbines? obviously colts and bcm anything else?

digiadaamore
11-08-12, 09:10
Smith & Wesson would be a better alternative than a freakin' Core 15, too.

Don't buy a Core 15.

I was under the opinion S&W were to be avoided?

djmorris
11-08-12, 09:36
I was under the opinion S&W were to be avoided?

I'd take one over a Core 15 any day.

S&W makes nice rifles, definitely better than a DPMS, Bushy, RRA, etc but they are not considered top tier.

The main problem with a S&W is that they are overpriced; for what you will spend on one you could pick up one of the top manufacturers like BCM, Colt, or DD.

markm
11-09-12, 13:15
Yeah.. I wouldn't be heart broken if I had to shoot a S&W AR.

Somehow Smith managed NOT to screw that up.

30 cal slut
11-09-12, 13:17
Yeah.. I wouldn't be heart broken if I had to shoot a S&W AR.

Somehow Smith managed NOT to screw that up.

I'm inclined to agree. I know that anecdote is not data, but the one S&W upper I had was punished to the nth degree and has well exceeded my expectations. So, to answer OP's question, you might very well be better of with an M&P 15.

WickedWillis
11-09-12, 13:25
I agree also. I have put several hundred rounds through my friends M&P 15 sport and it runs like a champ. He only paid about $650 for it too I think It is a hell of a bargain.

SteveS
11-09-12, 13:54
IMO for the money there is no better AR than Colt BCM or Daniel defense.

SteveS
11-09-12, 13:57
I agree also. I have put several hundred rounds through my friends M&P 15 sport and it runs like a champ. He only paid about $650 for it too I think It is a hell of a bargain. But with the real milspec parts rifles you are looking an 20,000 or 30,000 round life with a bolt change half way through. For $650.00 a S@W works for me.

Andrew Jackson
11-09-12, 15:07
Just buy the BCM. Seriously, I absolutely hate when I drop the coin on the BCM products I have...BUT they truly are worth it. When my packages from them arrive I am constantly impressed. The last upper I got from them has cost me more than many of my complete rifles/builds. It was worth it.

Now I know a lot of people are huge fans of PSA, but I have heard enough bad things that I am not concerned about buying from them. BCM also has stuff in stock! I'd rather wait a few days than however many months its taking PSA.

RogerinTPA
11-09-12, 15:38
These threads burn my retinas, and my ass. When will folks learn...

C4IGrant
11-09-12, 16:51
I agree also. I have put several hundred rounds through my friends M&P 15 sport and it runs like a champ. He only paid about $650 for it too I think It is a hell of a bargain.

The SPORT is an excellent value, but is NOT equal to a BCM or Colt.

C4

BillyJack2012
11-09-12, 16:59

C4

Not sure anyone insinuated that it was. It's simply an excellent value. I thought this was another CORE 15 thread?

C4IGrant
11-09-12, 17:02
Not sure anyone insinuated that it was. It's simply an excellent value. I thought this was another CORE 15 thread?

Many do think the SPORT is a better gun (trust me, I hear it all the time).

C4

paul556
11-09-12, 17:05
i inspected two core15 rifles at the LGS,both had piss poor staking. i would look elsewhere

uncle money bags
11-09-12, 17:33
Core is fine if you dont need to stake your life on it.
If you do, then buy something worthy of that requirement.

digiadaamore
11-09-12, 18:28
well with the decent opinion of the m&p does anyone have the old carbine length m&p15 moe? i only find the mid now

scoutchris
11-09-12, 18:52
These threads burn my retinas, and my ass. When will folks learn...

Jesus. What type of computer do you use?

jaxman7
11-09-12, 22:21
Jesus. What type of computer do you use?

Apparently the same brand I use.

-Jax

WickedWillis
11-12-12, 11:59

C4

Yeah I wasnt saying that it was even close to those rifles, I was just stating it is a great value starter rifle.

Littlelebowski
11-20-12, 09:31

I don't think it's equal but what needs to be changed on it?

C4IGrant
11-20-12, 09:35
I don't think it's equal but what needs to be changed on it?

Well, maybe nothing (as it depends on what you are doing with it).

For a rugged "bug out gun" I would want a dust cover. I would also like a thinner barrel, HPT/MPI on barrel and bolt and the proper gas port size (as it is over gassed). They also use a CAR buffer so I would change that out as well.

C4

Littlelebowski
11-20-12, 11:39
Well, maybe nothing (as it depends on what you are doing with it).

For a rugged "bug out gun" I would want a dust cover. I would also like a thinner barrel, HPT/MPI on barrel and bolt and the proper gas port size (as it is over gassed). They also use a CAR buffer so I would change that out as well.

Tracking. So, at a minimum, you'd recommend an H buffer?

C4IGrant
11-20-12, 11:49
Tracking. So, at a minimum, you'd recommend an H buffer?

No. I would go with an H2 or H3 with it (with its current GP size).

C4