PDA

View Full Version : TacSol (Tactical solutions) .22 Conversion Magazine for the Advantage Arms Kit

Shawn.L
11-09-12, 13:18
I find my .22 conversion pretty useful, and when Im willing to put the effort in time in to use it I can get a lot of really good reps with it. The PITA though is the damn 10 round mags, and the expense of them, and pain of continuing to load them. So I saw www.tacticalsol.com makes a .22 magazine now specifically for the Advantage Arms GLOCK Conversion
http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/15-round-magazine-for-the-advantage-arms-glock-conversion

Introducing the Tactical Solutions 15 Round Magazine for the Advantage Arms Inc. ™ GlockŪ .22LR Conversion Kit. Fits 17/22, 19/23, and 26/27 conversion kits.
Its a bit pricey, but 15 rounds and loads easy with those side nobs and cool, Im in !

Opening the package I start to wonder.... why dont these feed lips look anything like the AA mags ?
hhmmmmmmm

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/shawn235711/2B968191-6D32-468D-A2C0-2A4A3011C3CB-5711-0000030C66CC88EB.jpg
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/shawn235711/5AA6C384-7686-483F-977D-A5BE5F7877DF-5711-0000030C52908F99.jpg
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/shawn235711/1280BCD9-903B-4089-9A13-AA3C1D9AA389-5711-0000030C5D4A4D82.jpg
and as you can see, no, I dont have the older kits that need metal feed lips like they warn about

The Tactical Solutions magazine will not work with the older style Advantage Arms Inc. Glock conversion that uses the magazines with the metal feed lips.

Get them to the range, and failure after failure. 3 rounds in a row is a good run !
Next range trip I take this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02s9Ib9ljeI&list=UUj0eYTO5vrn05G4OPAAU4_g&index=5&feature=plcp
02s9Ib9ljeI

My friend Billy also bought some for his Advantage Arms conversion kit for his G19.
More failure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-U-yA3yFss&list=UUj0eYTO5vrn05G4OPAAU4_g&index=4&feature=plcp
I-U-yA3yFss

I contacted Tactical Solutions and they replaced both of my mags. Im not sure what thats supposed to do, seeing as how I cant imagine these working at all. Between the 2 of us we bought 4 mags, at different times, and none of them ran. The original AA .22 mags on the other hand run like a top, same ammo, same range sessions, no problems just good shooting.

Replacement mags
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSd88kTNoaQ&list=UUj0eYTO5vrn05G4OPAAU4_g&index=3&feature=plcp
WSd88kTNoaQ

On August 27th I emailed Tacsol initially about this issue, after the replacements and continued failures of their product they still will not issue me a refund. Its not a whole lot of money, but its been a giant waste of my time, and I could have easily bought 2 AA mags that would have worked for the price. The last email from them A MONTH AGO was that they where working on my refund. Working on it? wow. No response since then to my last inquiry a week ago.

In short I would not suggest anyone buy this product, and while I dont have any input on their other products I would advise against doing business with any company that cant or wont "make it right" for the customer.

ETA: Forget how to embed youtube vids on this site......

SeriousStudent
11-09-12, 15:46
Thanks for the heads up, Shawn. I was looking into some more mags for my AA G19 setup.

PA PATRIOT
11-09-12, 17:39
Its just not that the Tactical Solutions 15 Round Magazines that suck, their .22LR conversion for the Glock 17/22 totally sucks ass too.

Sent mine back three times with the same shitty results each time and they promised a refund also which they later failed to do.

I give Tactical Solutions a total "NO BUY" junk rating.

Corse
11-09-12, 17:56
I have the TS Glock conversion, and as long as I use the recommended ammo it runs really good.

SeriousStudent
11-09-12, 21:06
I do have one of their .22 uppers on a Charles Daly AR lower. It runs like a raped ape on Federal .22 Automatch, and is stupid accurate. That's a sample of one.

There was a fellow that posted his results with one of their Glock conversions, and he had a tale of woe similar to Shawn's. He ended up selling it, if I recall correctly.

Their pistol stuff seems to work well on the Ruger platform. I'd probably stick with that.

Shawn.L
11-10-12, 08:36
I do have one of their .22 uppers on a Charles Daly AR lower. It runs like a raped ape on Federal .22 Automatch, and is stupid accurate. That's a sample of one.

There was a fellow that posted his results with one of their Glock conversions, and he had a tale of woe similar to Shawn's. He ended up selling it, if I recall correctly.

Their pistol stuff seems to work well on the Ruger platform. I'd probably stick with that.

There other stuff may be fine, I have no idea, but these mags are junk and their inability to make it right is the worst part. I could understand if they where finicky, or I got a bad one, and they offered to make it right for me. Every company has one bad apple come off the line every now and then. But these mags.... I dont understand why they think they should work, and having proven they do not with several types of ammo, in several kits (3), with several samples (6), and going back and forth for months over $70 ? **** all that.

SeriousStudent
11-10-12, 23:42
I understand what you are saying. I was not clear in my meaning.

Their Ruger stuff seems to work. Their Glock stuff clearly does not.

It does not appear their customer service works at all.

I'm going to buy some more AA magazines, since I know those work. I'll just work around the 10-round capacity for drills.

Again, thanks for the info regarding the mags.

usmcvet
04-07-13, 13:34
Good info. I was just about to pay for one of their 17/22 .22 kits. Looks like I will look for an AA conversion. Where did you guys buy yours?

foxtrotx1
04-07-13, 14:06
Had the tac-sol .22 upper for a G34.

What a nightmare.

Would jam with everything I threw at it. I was told it was normal when the barrel chipped at the extractor relief.

RD62
04-07-13, 18:50
Just an FYI, but while my sample size on Tac-Sol Glock Conversions is limited to one, I have been very happy with mine.

I picked it up about a month ago after not being able to find an AA kit for a reasonable price. I picked it up from Brownell's and figured if it was crap I'd return it.

I've got two 15 rnd mags and its been flawless with the factory reccomended Blazer and with Rem Golden Bullets. It choked mercilessly on the only other .22 ammo I had on hand, some 20 year old Win Wildcat.

I've got near 1k through it now and other than the 50 or so rounds of Winchester its been great. If it keeps on like this, I'll start looking for a good deal on a G17 frame to make it a dedicated pistol.

CC556
04-08-13, 08:52
Its just not that the Tactical Solutions 15 Round Magazines that suck, their .22LR conversion for the Glock 17/22 totally sucks ass too.

Sent mine back three times with the same shitty results each time and they promised a refund also which they later failed to do.

I give Tactical Solutions a total "NO BUY" junk rating.

I am so sorry that I bought one, though fortunately I can return it to Brownells. The only thing it did well was fire a round once I got it into the chamber. It would fail to feed, double feed, triple feed (really,) and fail to extract almost every round. I tried this with 4 types of ammo, and there was absolutely no difference with any of them.

foxtrotx1
04-08-13, 10:48
Just an FYI, but while my sample size on Tac-Sol Glock Conversions is limited to one, I have been very happy with mine.

I picked it up about a month ago after not being able to find an AA kit for a reasonable price. I picked it up from Brownell's and figured if it was crap I'd return it.

I've got two 15 rnd mags and its been flawless with the factory reccomended Blazer and with Rem Golden Bullets. It choked mercilessly on the only other .22 ammo I had on hand, some 20 year old Win Wildcat.

I've got near 1k through it now and other than the 50 or so rounds of Winchester its been great. If it keeps on like this, I'll start looking for a good deal on a G17 frame to make it a dedicated pistol.

Make sure to have something inert in the chamber when removing the upper. Since you have to pull the trigger to separate the upper/lower, an indent will form at 12 on the chamber, snagging the nose of your rounds

RD62
04-08-13, 18:08
Make sure to have something inert in the chamber when removing the upper. Since you have to pull the trigger to separate the upper/lower, an indent will form at 12 on the chamber, snagging the nose of your rounds

Thanks for the tip.

arjohnson
04-08-13, 19:09
Just a FYI AA does make 15rnd mags for their kits, I have 2 and they work perfect.