PDA

View Full Version : Selling Price for a Bushmaster XM15-E2S

insertjjs
11-10-12, 11:36
I'm trying to help a friend sell one of his AR-15s and was wondering if I could get some recommendations on an asking price.

The Rifle is a vanilla Bushmaster XM15-E2S
it is about 1-2 years old with very few rounds through it. Probably less than 1000 rounds

I thought his asking price should be in the 600-700 range.

He and his wife are former and active military, so they should hopefully know how to maintain their rifles.

Grand58742
11-10-12, 12:37
I sold an E2S complete upper a few months ago for $400, so your asking price of $6-700 sounds about right. Prices on Armslist are looking north of that though depending on what tacticool goodies are installed. Or you get some that already are betting on a ban and start slapping down four figure prices on anything adonized black that goes bang. Had an offer the other day on a rifle I was selling of a straight up trade plus cash on my end for an Olympic Arms OA-93. Asking price was $900...couldn't help but chuckle.

So figure around the $800 for the Bushy and go from there. List it at $850 and see if there's any folks that bite. Chances are it'll go for that price, but tell them to be prepared to go down to $800 or even $750.

M4C isn't exactly a good place to ask this since most of the members know what a Bushmaster is worth (or rather isn't). Selling same on here will go south of the $700 number depending on condition.

He and his wife are former and active military, so they should hopefully know how to maintain their rifles.

Not always the case. I get on my folks all the time about weapons cleaning. Got told if they put oil on the rifle it makes it "dirty." Being active duty doesn't always equate to knowing how to clean or being proficient at it. And we're folks that carry weapons daily.

AMMOTECH
11-10-12, 17:09
I just sold one to a co-worker for $750. (M-4 style 14.5" w/ pinned YHM Phantom and magpul furniture)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/AMMOTECH/STA73351.jpg
* the Larue BUIS and Aimpoint were removed and replaced with a magpul BUIS

hemitrx4
11-10-12, 20:33
i just sold mine on wednesday at my buddy's pawn shop for $850...only had magpul moe handguard and mvg and two 30rd mags.

mjarcuri
11-10-12, 22:54
Just sold a bm xm-15 e2s for 1000. This was after advising the purchaser to buy a stripped lower, put some quality parts in it, and put a bcm complete upper on top. He looked at me as if I was speaking pig latin. The rifle did have some aftermarket parts like handgaurd, and stock, but nothing special. I received the bm in lieu of money owed from a friend (some friend).