PDA

View Full Version : armalite build suggestions

pnaples92
11-10-12, 14:50
I am currently in the process of buying all the parts I have wanted for my armalite while I am stationed in germany so when I return I will have everything i want for it.

Before i left i bought for it:
magpul MOE stock
magpul MIAD grip
magpul ASAP sling mount w/ MS3 sling
BCM Mod 4 charging handle
Troy 9" drop in battle rail
Eotech 512
Nikon m-223 w/ armalite 1 piece scope mount

but i have been thinking about rebuilding the gun to make it more of a competition gun although it will really only be used for target shooting. I am open to suggestions on which parts to buy. My ar isn't all that old only about 1500 rounds down range and was bought nov 2011

Currently what I have been looking at:
16" white oak armament barrel
Troy low profile gas block
Geissele 2 stage but not sure on that. Only requirement is to be 2 stage, i dont much care for single stage.
Troy 9" alpha rail or 11" alpha with front sight
Battlecomp 1.0 or 2.0 open to suggestions but i like basic things that are similar to the a2
PRI gas buster
Wilson Combat NP3 coated bolt. Not sure if i need this or not.
JP silent captured action spring
I would also love a TA-31-CH but that would be the last on the list and may not happen

that is what i have been looking at I have not bought any of it yet I am waiting for more suggestions on what to get and what not to get. Nothing is set so I would not mind hearing personal preference or usage on any of these parts or some that i have not bought that i should add to the list.

thanks

kwg020
11-10-12, 20:22
Armalite makes good barrels. The only issue right now is getting them. kwg