PDA

View Full Version : Glock 26 Factory 12rd Magazine?

El Cid
11-11-12, 09:58
I recently bought a Glock 12rd factory mag for my 26. With the 12th round it rattles. I've shot it and it seems to function fine but since the 26 is almost always on my ankle it makes a noticeable noise as I walk. Do they all do this? I'm hesitant to buy another unless the rattle is the exception rather than the rule.

And before anyone suggests it - I'm not comfortable with aftermarket +2 extensions.

Thanks!

BioLayne
11-11-12, 10:23
i had this on one of my 15 rd glock 19 mags. It has always functioned fine, probably doesn't rattle as much as yours because I don't hear it when I walk, only when I move the gun quickly like drawing. You might buy another mag and carry that and practice with the one that rattles

Nephrology
11-11-12, 10:25
I get that rattle on all sizes of glock mags. Give the baseplate a few good thumps against a table and see if it helps.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-11-12, 11:28
Glock rattle is too common. Some people download by one, some just live with it. I live with it.

DocH
11-11-12, 11:57
I've had a few mags do this. Slapping the base of the loaded mag against the palm of the hand generally stops it.

polymorpheous
11-11-12, 12:05
Yup.
My G26 factory +2 mag rattles too.
I download it by one.

Sikiguya
11-11-12, 12:14
You are going to have to try different mags to use one that don't...my doesn't. But as others have said, it just happens to certain ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Cid
11-11-12, 12:16
I've tried the slap technique - no joy. If I carried it on my belt it wouldn't be an issue. But at work (plain clothes) and off duty I don't want to draw attention to my ankle. I've been downloading it by 1 but was hoping it wasn't common. When my full size Glock mags do this I can usually eliminate it by emptying them and re-filling them.

Thanks guys. I'll just suck it up I suppose.

mannichine
11-11-12, 20:47
I have various Glock magazines do this occasionally. Instead of slapping the base plate downward into my palm or onto a table, I slap the front face of the magazine into my hand (sideways instead of downward). That generally cures the rattle. If it doesn't, I'll slap the backside of the magazine. One of these techniques usually solves the problem.

Hero
11-12-12, 06:56
I've had a lot of mags do this. Particularly the G26/G27 mags with factory +2 extensions. I haven't found a way to cure it on mine. But, when I ankle carry, it's always with a flush magazine.

ST911
11-12-12, 09:35
Smack the bottom of the mags periodically as you load them. It won't cure all rattling in all mags, but it's helpful in most.

Warp
11-12-12, 16:30
I recently bought a Glock 12rd factory mag for my 26. With the 12th round it rattles. I've shot it and it seems to function fine but since the 26 is almost always on my ankle it makes a noticeable noise as I walk. Do they all do this? I'm hesitant to buy another unless the rattle is the exception rather than the rule.

And before anyone suggests it - I'm not comfortable with aftermarket +2 extensions.

Thanks!

Mine rattles sometimes. I've been using, and carrying, with it for awhile. It's good to go.

As it happens, when mine does rattle it is usually much less noticeable once the magazine is inserted.

9mmsteve
11-12-12, 17:13
My understanding is that the 26 mag uses the same spring as the g19 mag. The rattle should not hurt anything and factory plus 2's on the 26 should be good to go.

Spiffums
11-13-12, 14:26
Doesn't the +2 extension make it print more on your ankle?

El Cid
11-13-12, 15:29
My understanding is that the 26 mag uses the same spring as the g19 mag. The rattle should not hurt anything and factory plus 2's on the 26 should be good to go.

I'm not worried about the rattle hurting anything. I don't want attention drawn to my ankle.

Spiffums, negative. With the +2 or the Pearce pinky extension it doesn't print. I use the Alessi which has a cant to it.

copenhagen2001
11-13-12, 20:29
Glock rattle is too common. Some people download by one, some just live with it. I live with it.

Agreed, mine do the same with my 26.