PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with BCG's?

eperk
11-11-12, 16:47
I have looked all over the interwebs and can't find a quality BCG anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

cougar_guy04
11-11-12, 16:56
Just sign up for the email notifications at your preferred vendors (if they offer it) for BCGs. I did that with Bravo Company for out of stock parts and I get an email as soon as they hit the shelves. The BCM ones go out of stock quickly though, but BC USA is good about restocking right now (Almost as though they're only putting "X" in at a time to keep from being out for a long time).

Blstr88
11-11-12, 17:03
^^ what he said, email notification is key...

I just picked one up from BCM a few days ago that way, you gotta jump on it quick when you get the email notification.

Stickman
11-11-12, 17:04
Dealers and distributors have found the 3 main suppliers to be the choke point.

richdkim77
11-11-12, 17:10
I'm amazed the run on BCG's. JoeBob Outfitters had 400 BCG's on election night and it took 19 hours for them to sell out. This isn't even a huge AR outfit.

Like it's been said before, I use the notification feature that most websites have and usually it works out for any product I'm looking for. Wait times of course vary from product to product.

eperk
11-11-12, 17:21
I have put in for e-mail notifications from around 8 different suppliers. Maybe I'll hear something soon.
Maybe Joe Bob can "done save me some money" soon.

eperk
11-11-12, 17:23
Dealers and distributors have found the 3 main suppliers to be the choke point.

That makes sense. It's hard to find LMT, DD, or BCM groups. I'm not willing to shell out the money for a Fail Zero although they seem to be available.

vicious_cb
11-11-12, 17:25
The question is why did you until after the election to buy a BCG? We all know what happened last time obongo got elected, people where hording BCG like squirrels.

Andrew Jackson
11-11-12, 17:31
Man I just sold a spikes bcg for 100 shipped!

I probably could hae made more money but I needed the money like that night.

eperk
11-11-12, 17:49
The question is why did you until after the election to buy a BCG? We all know what happened last time obongo got elected, people where hording BCG like squirrels.

I shouldn't have waited. It's for a new build and my budget wouldn't let me buy it until this month. Probably should have bought it first but wanted to get the lower out of the way. Guess I'll order the barrel this month. Not a problem.

seb5
11-11-12, 20:32
This weekend at the big Tulsa gun show I saw several dealers that told me they had contract over runs from FN. They were going for $120.00 each, which I felt was pretty good at this time.

How would you know if they were FN?

AKDoug
11-11-12, 20:34
The only ones I have found available are at Palmetto.

rojocorsa
11-11-12, 20:56
This may or may not help.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolt-carrier-parts/index.htm?avs

seb5
11-11-12, 21:31
This may or may not help.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolt-carrier-parts/index.htm?avs

Most all of those in the link show in stock until you click on them, then they show out.

C4IGrant
11-11-12, 21:35
This weekend at the big Tulsa gun show I saw several dealers that told me they had contract over runs from FN. They were going for $120.00 each, which I felt was pretty good at this time.

How would you know if they were FN?

This is a LIE BTW.

C4

uncle money bags
11-11-12, 21:54
This is a LIE BTW.

C4

What?!?! No body does that at gun shows!

Iraqgunz
11-11-12, 23:17
You were reading my thoughts.

This is a LIE BTW.

C4

Iraqgunz
11-11-12, 23:18
BTW- Quanticotactical.com has LMT BGC's in stock (according to what I saw) and they are about 129.00 with free shipping over the weekend.

Mauser KAR98K
11-11-12, 23:58
I got 2 BCM BCGs coming via Grant. Got them the night America quit.

AKDoug
11-12-12, 00:16
Thanks, gunz. No free shipping to me in Alaska, but I still snagged one for my final project I have on hand.

jet66
11-12-12, 04:29
They were getting hard to find even a month or so before the election, or at least selling out as fast as they were back in stock. I only needed one to complete a rifle, but I went ahead and ordered two when BCM had them back in stock for about 10 minutes. :cool: I've got another lower that will be getting built upon fairly soon, so hopefully the current panic trend will be short-lived.

duece71
11-12-12, 05:24
Yeah, hopefully.

Cpnraisnuts
11-12-12, 14:54
BTW- Quanticotactical.com has LMT BGC's in stock (according to what I saw) and they are about 129.00 with free shipping over the weekend.

Thanks for this! I ordered one up today. $123.00 out the door. I found a discount code that worked for a 15% discount on the order.

I called customer service to verify that they had them in stock, and he said they (Quanticotactical) are working on a new site and the BCG I wanted was out of stock and everyone was calling about them.

He said if I order online that they will honor the price and discount and won't charge me until the item ships. He said that they have a bunch on order from LMT, but like everyone else has no idea when the order will be fulfilled.

Seems like a good deal to me. I can wait for a quality part. I have more time than money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aero Precision lower
Dpms lpk
LMT L7D3 STD FULL AUTO BLT CAR (ordered...)
The rest to be determined...

AKDoug
11-12-12, 15:36
Well...shit... guess I'll wait for the one I ordered online then.

Iraqgunz
11-12-12, 15:41
I got my order confirmation today from QTS so I will assume that my order was processed in time. Lucky me.

Thanks for this! I ordered one up today. $123.00 out the door. I found a discount code that worked for a 15% discount on the order.

I called customer service to verify that they had them in stock, and he said they (Quanticotactical) are working on a new site and the BCG I wanted was out of stock and everyone was calling about them.

He said if I order online that they will honor the price and discount and won't charge me until the item ships. He said that they have a bunch on order from LMT, but like everyone else has no idea when the order will be fulfilled.

Seems like a good deal to me. I can wait for a quality part. I have more time than money.

Aero Precision lower
Dpms lpk

Cpnraisnuts
11-12-12, 15:47
I got my order confirmation today from QTS so I will assume that my order was processed in time. Lucky me.

I got an order confirmation also, so I guess we wait and see.

Aero Precision lower
Dpms lpk

AKDoug
11-12-12, 15:52
I also got an order confirmation. We'll see.

Hrod
11-12-12, 16:50
That makes sense. It's hard to find LMT, DD, or BCM groups. I'm not willing to shell out the money for a Fail Zero although they seem to be available.

Are fail zero or wmd bcg gtg ?

NoveskeFan
11-12-12, 17:06
I ordered the arfcom ion bond BCG a couple hours ago. Not even an hour later, I get the email from Bravo Company USA that the BCM's are back in stock! I checked G&R, in stock there too, so I ordered one :D

AKDoug
11-12-12, 17:21
Oh god...this is like a friggin' circus :jester:

Dustin Cantrell
11-12-12, 18:14
Damn you guys... I ordered a BCM BCG from G&R as a spare or to use in a future build. I didn't realize they were that hard to find. Guess I was lucky when I went to order one a couple weeks ago and BCM had them in stock.

NoveskeFan
11-12-12, 18:27
G&R has them as of 19:27 EST

Dustin Cantrell
11-12-12, 18:29
G&R has them as of 19:27 EST

That's where I ordered mine. I might end up on an episode of Hoarders: Guns and Ammo someday. :D

JBecker 72
11-12-12, 18:41
I really wasn't going to buy another BCG because I have enough right now, but this thread convinced me to jump on the bandwagon and get another.

Just ordered with G and R. Ahh, panic buying! :lol:

NoveskeFan
11-12-12, 18:50
It's a sickness:D I'm just glad my ammo situation is good!

I really wasn't going to buy another BCG because I have enough right now, but this thread convinced me to jump on the bandwagon and get another.

Just ordered with G and R. Ahh, panic buying! :lol:

JBecker 72
11-12-12, 18:57
You know, even during the last panic, I never had a hard time finding 9mm, .223/5.56, or 12 gauge ammo locally. Sure it was a bit more expensive, but it was the parts and weapons themselves that became hard to get around here.

VA Arms Co. had completely stocked shelves when I stopped in on Saturday, so hopefully this time around it won't be as extreme.

NoveskeFan
11-12-12, 19:11
How would you define a good ammo situation? How would most define a good ammo situation? Across all the calibers I have 15k and I don't think it's nearly enough. Having spare BCGs and other parts are important, too, though.

One can never have enough, but I have no worries of running dry anytime soon. I also keep a supply of assorted parts per firearm. My wife tells me if/when we have grand-kids, they will be set :D

JBecker 72
11-12-12, 19:24
If your grand kids are set your not shooting enough. :D

NoveskeFan
11-12-12, 19:34
If your grand kids are set your not shooting enough. :D

I've slowed down ALOT since my daughter was born...but that's not a complaint :)

pingdork
11-12-12, 21:01
If its any help to those in the PNW, surplus ammo had bcm bcgs and uppers in stock at their retail location. Not sure about their web store though.

Dionysusigma
11-13-12, 02:38
Got an email this evening from BCM about BCGs being in stock as I was showing up for a dinner date. Immediately ordered one from my phone, and before the entrees arrived, they were sold out again.

In my defense, I actually needed one for a still-incomplete build.

To my date's credit, she's insisted I take her shooting when the build is finished (or before). :D

whick1
11-13-12, 07:38
Why is enhanced LMT bcg over $100 higher than the regular one. What are the major differences

sammage
11-13-12, 08:22
Why is enhanced LMT bcg over $100 higher than the regular one. What are the major differences

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3379
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=71386
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34142

3 AE
11-13-12, 09:14
If its any help to those in the PNW, surplus ammo had bcm bcgs and uppers in stock at their retail location. Not sure about their web store though.

What was the price at their retail store? On their website, they're priced at $199.99 !!! A year ago the price of a BCM BCG was $139.95. Six months ago it was $149.95. A few months ago it went up to $159.95. That's quite a bit more than normal inflation. Now a retailer has them at a price most would consider as "Price Gouging". It's their store, they can price them for whatever amount they choose, I'll shop somewhere else.

pingdork
11-13-12, 09:51
What was the price at their retail store? On their website, they're priced at $199.99 !!! A year ago the price of a BCM BCG was $139.95. Six months ago it was $149.95. A few months ago it went up to $159.95. That's quite a bit more than normal inflation. Now a retailer has them at a price most would consider as "Price Gouging". It's their store, they can price them for whatever amount they choose, I'll shop somewhere else.

Paid 399 for basic bcm upper at the puyallup gun show. Then 149 for the bcm bcg at their store. Seems to be in range with prices elsewhere. Normally shop online but wanted to pay cash so the wife wouldn't find out that I got yet another gun

3 AE
11-13-12, 10:04
Paid 399 for basic bcm upper at the puyallup gun show. Then 149 for the bcm bcg at their store. Seems to be in range with prices elsewhere. Normally shop online but wanted to pay cash so the wife wouldn't find out that I got yet another gun

Good deal on your purchases locally. Why the internet price is so high on the bcg, who knows? By the way, they always find out, sooner or later you'll "Pay the Piper"! :laugh:

JBecker 72
11-13-12, 11:03
Yeah I remember they were about $140 a little over a year ago. Paid $159 last night.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Tango374
11-13-12, 17:25
ETA -

Nevermind

hals1
11-13-12, 17:40
I just ordered one from Bravo Company USA about ten minutes ago.

bodhisattva
11-13-12, 17:46
I just ordered one from Bravo Company USA about ten minutes ago.

You must've gotten one of the last ones. Bravo Company is out of stock as of now.

eperk
11-13-12, 18:36
Darn, they didn't last long.

jbo723
11-13-12, 19:07
How would you define a good ammo situation? How would most define a good ammo situation? Across all the calibers I have 15k and I don't think it's nearly enough. Having spare BCGs and other parts are important, too, though.

In the same boat. Have just under 15K and I go through over 1K a month.

Whats funny is that whenever my B-day, anniversary, X-Mas comes around, all I ever ask for is ammo.

Rockhopper
11-16-12, 20:56
they are currently in stock at bravo company

skittles
11-16-12, 22:34
they are currently in stock at bravo company

Thanks. Just ordered one. Can't believe I was actually able to get one.

whick1
11-17-12, 07:07
out of stock now. Did not last long but it does seem that get a new batch in about every few days or so.